Fan Fictions

SS: Kanya’s Loss

jnawaz thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
hi guys...its me jaz 😃...

so i am taking this creative witting class in school to fill up a part of my GE requirements...its not fun let me tell u 😕😕😕...but but but...one of our assignments was to write a ss...so i thought...why not post it here on the forum...i just changed the names...but i wanted to post because i am jut tired of kanya treating ranbir like crap...so this is an alternate scenario 😉

this ss is a one time shot...no after no before or anything like that...it is loosely based on my life...the basic jist of it is about me...but the details i had to change...😳

so here it is...i hope you do enjoy....please comment...i'd love to know what u think

Links to my other FF's: 😃
1. Ek Paal - https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=944496&T PN
2. RanKan Holi Special - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/914516
3. Sau Dard -  https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/918074

Kanya's Loss

What do you do when you realize that you let the love of your life go? What do you do when they have moved on and are happy, while you are on the outside looking in? What do you to keep yourself from falling apart at the seams seeing him showering his love on another woman? What do you do when the realization sets in that you could have been happy too? All of these questions were wreaking havoc on the mind and heart of Kanya Godbole.

Kanya Godbole was a girl who was a true romantic at heart. She wasn't like the typical girls who like big, grand gestures of love proclamation, she was a simple girl. She would take a text saying 'Good morning', a single red rose and a Hershey's chocolate bar, over dinner at a five star restaurant and a diamond tennis bracelet, any day. Kanya just wanted a guy who liked her for who she was, who genuinely cared about her, and who truly loved her; she wasn't asking for much. She had no idea that the perfect man for her was someone that she already knew, and someone she already cared for.

Ranbir Nanda had come to California in 1996 to stay with the Godbole's after his mother's death. Ranbir's mother and Kanya's mother had been best friends since childhood. After his mother had passed away, Kanya's mother took him in and treated him just like her own son. Ranbir lived with them, enrolled into the local high school and gotten himself a job because he didn't want to be a burden on the Godbole's.

From the very beginning Kanya just didn't like Ranbir, something about him just didn't settle with her. Ranbir had been a gawky teen and Kanya, along with her best friend Pooja, never let an opportunity to make fun of him go by. They teased him and bullied him, yet Ranbir never said anything to them; he never even said anything to his Aunt, Kanya's mother. In the summer of 1999 the family had taken a trip and it was on that trip that Kanya and Ranbir began acting civil towards each other. However, it wasn't until the winter of 1999 that they actually became friends.  Kanya had to do volunteer hours at the local hospital for her high school on the weekends. At the same time Ranbir worked 16hr shifts to help pay for school and other expenses. When things at the hospital would slow down Kanya found herself calling Ranbir while he was at work. At first the phone calls lasted no longer than 10 or even 15 minutes. However, soon their conversations became 2, sometimes 3 hours long. Kanya soon found herself becoming good friends with Andres, despite their seven year age gap.

Eventually, Kanya considered Ranbir to be one of her best friends. She knew that she could trust him with everything, she knew that he wouldn't judge her for the mistakes of her past or mistakes she would make in the future, she knew that he respected her and cared for her. Having Ranbir for a friend gave Kanya an odd peace of mind, because she knew that whether it was three in the afternoon, or three in the morning, Ranbir would be there for her, without fail.

As the years progressed Kanya and Ranbir's friendship became stronger and stronger; they knew everything about each other. They had a special bond that connected them from their hearts. Even though Ranbir had moved out of Kanya's home, it didn't change anything. Kanya still remembered when Ranbir's grandmother had passed away in 2000. She didn't cry because of her passing, she cried because she knew how close Ranbir was to the grandmother he hadn't see in four years.

As the years went on Ranbir had started college, at first taking only a few classes to get is associates degree form a local community college. He was trying to save up money so that when he transferred to a university, he could focus on studying and not worrying about how to pay for school. By the time that Ranbir was ready to transfer to a university, so was Kanya. She had graduated high school in 2003 and wanted to go straight for the four year plan at the university. Kanya had been accepted to Arizona State University, but unknown to her, so had Ranbir. When Kanya found out, she was beyond happy. Kanya and Ranbir lived about 30 miles away from the campus, but neither could afford to dorm, so they did the next best thing, they carpooled.

Both Ranbir and Kanya had enjoyed their daily drives to and from school. They chatted in the car, turned up the radio when their favorite song played, laughed at the corny jokes the DJ's made on air, it was a blast for them. Kanya wanted things to stay that way forever, the both of the happy. However, things changed drastically in the summer of 2004; after that Kanya and Ranbir's friendship was never the same.

Ranbir was a very honest and hard working man. If there was one thing that he couldn't stand, it was lies. Kanya had made the grave mistake of lying to him. She was supposed to return a video that Ranbir had rented for her before the time was up, because he didn't want to pay late fees. Ranbir repeatedly asked if she would be able to do it, if she couldn't he would do it before going to work. Kanya told him not to worry and that she would do it. A few days later Ranbir asked her if she returned the video, she said yes. What she didn't know was that Ranbir had seen the DVD cover on top of the T.V when he had been at her house. Kanya only found out that he had seen it when her mom had mentioned that Ranbir had been there dropping of prescriptions for her dad.

After that, for some reason, Kanya couldn't seem to face Ranbir.  She knew that he was aware of her lying, she also knew that she was at fault in the situation, yet still for some reason she couldn't say sorry to him. Nearly a month had gone by and they hadn't spoken except for the occasional greeting when he was at her house visiting her mom. Kanya finally found the courage to say sorry and talk to him. That was easier said than done. Ranbir began ignoring Kanya's phone calls, when she called him at work, he would say he was busy and couldn't talk. Never in the four years of their friendship had he been too busy for her. Enough was enough; Kanya had to talk to Ranbir. One night, after she got off of work at 11pm, she drove to his house. She called his house phone and asked him to come down because she already there.  After some hesitation Andre came down and sat down in the passenger seat, while Kanya was in the driver's seat.

"Look Ranbir, I understand that I lied and I know how important honesty is to you, so for that I am truly sorry. I understand if you don't want to be friends, but you have to tell me to my face; you can't keep me hanging. Please tell me how you feel,"Kanya pleaded.

Ranbir finally spoke up, but after much persuasion from Kanya.

"First you have to promise me that no matter what I say next, we will still be friends," he said.

"OK," was the only response that Kanya could come up with.

"Alright. I don't know how or when but somewhere down the line I began having feeling for you. Now before you say anything, let me finish. I know that you don't see me in that way, which is why I have stayed away form you. That is why for the past month I have tried to get over my feeling for you, but I just couldn't. You are so simple, down to earth and beautiful that the more I try to forget you, the harder it is. I had to tell you because I know my chances are one in a million, but I couldn't not know. What if you gave me that one in a million chance?"

When Ranbir finally finished, only one thought was running through Kanya's mind, "Why me?" Not only was Ranbir one of her best friends, but he was also best friends with her older brother, Suhaas. For as long as she had known Ranbir, he had been Suhaas' friend long before he had been her friend, so to a certain point, Ranbir had been like a brother to her too. Kanya mumbled something or other to Ranbir and got away as fast as she could.

That night was the first in a long list of sleepless nights. Ranbir's words kept echoing in her ears, he liked her. Ranbir liked Kanya for who she was and how she was, he liked her for her. As Kanya thought about everything he had said, she though about what kind of person he was, and she knew, that on paper he was perfect. Kanya remembered a time when her best friend Pooja had told her that Ranbir had feelings for her. Apparently Pooja could see it in the way he looked at Kanya. Kanya had shot down the ridiculous idea, only to realize how true her friend had been.

After much thought, Kanya decided to take the plunge and give Ranbir a chance. After all, what did she have to lose? Ranbir was ecstatic; his dreams were coming true in front of his eyes. Ranbir treated Kanya like she was a princess just by doing the little things. Every morning and night, with out fail she had text messages on her phone saying 'good morning' and 'sweet dreams'. He had a single rose for her every morning when they went to school together. Things were going smoothly and they were happy, for a while.

As their relationship progressed Ranbir began getting physical. Not that he would ever make Kanya do anything she wasn't willing to do, he still expected the typical girlfriend/boyfriend things. For some reason, a part of Kanya couldn't share a physical relationship with him. It didn't mean sex, but just holding his hand was hard at times for Kanya; she still saw him as a brotherly figure. When he hugged her, she found some excuse to pull away quickly, and she often refused to kiss him. Noticing the changes in Kanya's behavior, Ranbir called her on it.

That day, on the ride home from school, Kanya ended things with Ranbir. "It's not you, it's me," she had said. She didn't want to be in a relationship that was one sided. He cared for her much more than she cared for him. Ranbir was a great guy and he deserved someone who gave him the love that he deserved, sadly, that person wasn't Kanya.

As all couples do, Ranbir and Kanya had a long awkward period when they could barely speak to each other. They couldn't avoid each other, because no one had known about their relationship, and her mother still insisted that Ranbir come to dinner at their house at least three times a week with her brother. When your mom treated your ex like her son and when your brother was best friends with your ex, it was hard to avoid them. But like any other mature adult, Kanya got over it.

After the break up Ranbir and Kanya's relationship was never the same. They were still friends but not best friends like they had been. They learned to deal with their past and eventually found their way back to being good friends. Kanya learned that no matter what their history had been, she knew that she could always count on Ranbir. She knew that in her darkest hour of need, all she had to do was look back and she would find Ranbir by her side.

Years flew by, but still Ranbir couldn't get over Kanya completely. He had whispered to her once, "You know that no one will love you like I do, and no one will keep you happy like I will." That was all he had said, in a random passing moment. When Kanya had told Pooja about that, Pooja was practically hysterical because if Pooja had her way, Kanya and Ranbir would be Mr. and Mrs. Ranbir Nanda.

After getting over the initial shock and excitement Pooja and had asked Kanya an important question, "Do you think he will keep you happy?" It was question that Pooja had repeated every time Ranbir came up in their conversations.

In response Kanya could say only one thing, "I am sure he will," with out even thinking about it. Kanya began thinking that maybe she had been too quick to jump the gun, maybe she needed to reconsider Ranbir. However, Kanya didn't come to this conclusion the next day, it took her a few months, but by then it was too late.

Ranbir had begun seeing another girl, Archita. He had told Kanya about her because, after all, they were friends, he should be able to share things like that with friends. Kanya was torn in two seeing him so happy and excited about this new relationship, he had never been like that with her, maybe because she didn't shower affection on him like Archita did.

As time went by, Ranbir and Archita had gotten engaged. When they were married, Kanya wanted nothing to do, but yell at the top of her lungs that he couldn't marry Archita because she loved him. Instead, Kanya sat quietly with a smile plastered on her face trying not to ruin her one of her closest friend's most important day. As Ranbir and Archita exchanged rings, Kanya felt her sight become blurry from tears. She had told her mother that they were happy tears, but in reality, they were tears of love, loss and pain.

Kanya had told herself that what was done was done. She had her chance and she gave up on Ranbir. He was happy now and she had no right to interfere in his life now. For everything he had done for her, Kanya owed him that much, to let him be happy.

So what do you do when you realize that you let the love of your life go? What do you do when they have moved on and are happy, while you are on the outside looking in? What do you to keep yourself from falling apart at the seams seeing him showering his love on another woman? What do you do when the realization sets in that you could have been happy too?

In Kanya's case, you let go and move one. You do this not for yourself, but for the one you love; you do this for their happiness, not yours. Sometimes, loving someone means letting them go, no matter how much it kills you.

The End

JAZ
Edited by jnawaz - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Uhh! I am dying here for your other update and you are fixing one shots here?? Main tujhe shoot karoongi!! Jazzy meri jaan update the other story. (hospital one)

suganain thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
that was wonderful!  and just what kanya deserves!
jnawaz thumbnail
Originally posted by: Perfangel5655

Uhh! I am dying here for your other update and you are fixing one shots here?? Main tujhe shoot karoongi!! Jazzy meri jaan update the other story. (hospital one)

aare yaar...story ke pehle jo note hai...usse phada kar 😆...this was somethign i had to do for my english class and so all i did was change the names...and which hospital ff are u talking about...because currently...both my kit ff have ranbir in the hospital and the other one has kanya in the hospital 😆

gotta love me 😉
JAZ
ZaraCZaara thumbnail
wow 👏 👏 👏
love=sacrafice 😭
rii now i dont feel sad 4 kanya cuz her character in kit is bein a 🤬 ! U SHUD GET AN A! OR SOMETHING IN THE 90S! even 100!
Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
what!!! Abh teri bari hai hosptal jaane ki! I am talking about the story after holi I think. Where he is in coma. And she was in denial for so long. Please dont let her have him easy! she needs to realize all he worth and how Chunnu could never be like him. She should win him!! I am loving her suffering!! (cried my eyes out. Even after I was done reading it) Update!! (plishhh plishh)
punjabi.princes thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
that was a really good SS Jaz 👏
you shud get an A++++ for this story 😃
and yess kanya deserved that 😆
jnawaz thumbnail
Originally posted by: punjabi.princes

that was a really good SS Jaz 👏
you shud get an A++++ for this story 😃
and yess kanya deserved that 😆

aare yaar...its not a story...saach kahani hai...sadly...its my own 😭
JAZ
rainshine_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
wow yaar
ek ke baad ek
hit stories!!
luvd it!!!!
GGG3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
   So far i've been a silent reader of your fanfictions,both sau dard and story after holi.Not that i didn't like to post comments but that just saying awesome or great or some other adjective can't fully express my admiration for you.Of all the FFs in KIT forum i love only 5 FFs which includes yours'.To be frank i envy you .The way you narrate,the way you present the minute feelings are all impressive.
    Today i thought to break my silence.I seriously feel like giving you a 🤗 and say that i'm sorry, after knowing that this SS is based on your real life.Really the story is so moving.My standing ovation for those ending lines.I'm really proud of you.We share similar convictions.True love will not mess up with the happiness of the person whom you love.
    BTW pack your bags, come to India,and join BT so that we will get to see some sensible and good stuff on TV.