India-Forums

Saat Phere (Saath Phere)
Saat Phere (Saath Phere)

Denouncing Narpat ....is it fair ?

koolsadhu1000 IF-Sizzlerz
koolsadhu1000
koolsadhu1000

Posted: 07 May 2008 at 4:11pm | IP Logged

Does anyone remember what a calm , non interfering , no hassles kinda guy Narpat was ? They lived so long with him.....Ambika , Samar .....even if they find he has some past .....it is past , dammit, why shud he be kicked out of the house for it....cant they thrash it out at home over a series of talks ?

Saloni supposedly aborts baby ...Saloni is kicked out , Narpat supposedly has a past , Narpat is kicked out , any mistake happens ....the answer is kicking out ???? Indians may be traditional ....they r not unreasonable and barbaric , u know. A woman being kicked out , an aged man being kicked out ....these messages r horrible.

Saloni has defeated so many villains . Jiji , Kakisa , Abhi , ...Chandni , ....will she be shown ever unmasking Kaveri ? Or is this gonna be done by this new daughter of Narpat ?

And yes....of all the people , who r Gunjan and Padma Thakrain to sneer at Shubhra and moralize ? Gunjan slept with servant women after his marraige to Shubra ....and he was huffy with his dad ? And Padma , who indulged in many unethical things ....like Chamki etc , who is she to talk to Narpat this way ?

I dont feel sorry for saloni ....she was the one who got Samar married to kaveri , she was the one who made him accept Kaveri after he kicked her out . I think its high time she takes a stand against Kaveri .

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

anna44

judyp Goldie
judyp
judyp

Posted: 07 May 2008 at 7:30pm | IP Logged
We have three children

A elder daughter that carries the burden of the family -A middle son that never steps up to take care of the family
The youngest daughter that was always taken care off

Here we have a dilemma - father prior to a 30 year marriage dump his pregnant girlfriend.

Mother is devasated and father is humilated.

What do we see happen -Youngest daughter goes home and leaves eldest child and brother to pick up pieces.

Son - perfect world shatters takes out anger on father and leaves eldest sister to take charge...

Wife - when has Ambika ever taken poor narpat side.

Let's talk about Narpat - when Saloni was accussing Abhi of rape narpat didn't want her in the house. When Nahar brought Saloni to visit Narpat didn't listen to her...

Two things are as a result of everybody living in the same house.

1.If couples had their own place then the husband could simply leave, if it was Narpat house - Samar can't put him out
2. Rather than two people discussing their problems we have a whole houseful of people giving their 2 cent worth - I dislike the whole family involvement

The way to hell is paved with good intentions. Saloni is learning the hard way all action has consequences. For her good intensions she has started something that can't be stopped

You are right she believed Kaveri, so you reap what you sow...

As for Gunjan and his father all I can say is Dead Dead

Kaveri needs an opponent that has no boundary to their actions or is simply merciless, Saloni has neither of those qualities.

But Narpat did not deserve what his 'loving' son and daughter-in-law did to him....

Edited by judyp - 07 May 2008 at 8:05pm
koolsadhu1000
koolsadhu1000

Posted: 07 May 2008 at 8:24pm | IP Logged
judyp your answer is too good. I loved it.
Yes , Narpat was rather unfair in not letting saloni in the house at that time....i had not forgotten that while i wrote this post . but I was talking about his personality as a whole. On the whole , he was a very amiable , simple kinda guy . He never dominated Ambika as a husband , or Kaveri as a father in law , or even asserted any authority over Samar . Poor chap , always did ' Ambika Ambika " and agreed to anything that she suggested ....this is his general character . Except for the tiime when he was irritated with Saloni , he was never an autocratic Rajput father . This is what i meant .....and the way his family members forgot that in an instant ....is shameful.
Past cannot be an issue in life to this extent....only present matters . This is eternal truth of life . Unfortunately , serials constantly harp on importance of past and remembering it , blaming for it and punishing for it . They have made this the backbone of ever serial and send out rubbish messages instead of squashing it down and telling sumthing positive .
judyp Goldie
judyp
judyp

Posted: 08 May 2008 at 5:27am | IP Logged
Personally that family needs some cold water thrown at time . Wake up..... Family members matter. People make mistakes. You are not perfect don't expect them to be perfect.

Remember when Saloni was thrown out of the house...Ambika in the heat of the moment kicks Saloni out of the house, rush across to their in-laws. Only to regret afterwards "Hey, that's my daughter..."
20+ years down the drain..... at least Ambika was the only one who eventually listen to Saloni.

But what about Samar ...He is an ungrateful, spinless individual....

Here we go again.... Snap out of it 30 years of marriage..... for an action prior to marriage. All the information from an individual who never told his wife prior to marriage about shamya(?). What a character and his family...

To me Narpat and family tries to please society too much. They move as the popular believe...

Personally Narpat needs a Saloni on his side at this time.

What I liked about Saloni's character is she goes against the popular belief. When she was fighting against Abhi it was her against every-one.......

"Past cannot be an issue in life to this extent....only present matters . This is eternal truth of life ."

I agree that past shouldn't be the totally focus but Past does matter. It helps to shape the individual either positively or negatively.

I agree that entire family forgot the loving father that was their for them. To me that is the most painful thing for Narpat. Where is his family when he needs them the most. I could have understood if strangers attacked him but his family judge him and found him guilty without any eveidence. Wow...

They should have remember don't jump to conclusion.

But I believe in these serials they have people being placed on pedestals.

For example Ambika always boasting about her loving husband and his love. So I believe she reacted more from humilation and disillusionment than from hurt.

Edited by judyp - 08 May 2008 at 5:31am
NeemoluvzMumait Senior Member
NeemoluvzMumait
NeemoluvzMumait

Posted: 08 May 2008 at 6:18am | IP Logged
i feel sorry for Narpat. Hopefully things will become better for him.
NeemoluvzMumait Senior Member
NeemoluvzMumait
NeemoluvzMumait

Posted: 08 May 2008 at 6:31am | IP Logged
yeah we also musn't forget when Samar married Kaveri and brought her home after a few conflicts the parents allowed samar and kaveri to saty in the house and sacrificed their hopes and dreams that they may have had for Samar.

Samar needs to understand Narpat and also support him in his bad times. The only way you can value and find the reality about relations is when you are facing bad times. if people support you the you have a good relationship with them and if they dont support you then they are using you. i feel samar is doing the same.

Edited by NeemoluvzMumait - 08 May 2008 at 6:31am
zatura Groupbie
zatura
zatura

Posted: 08 May 2008 at 7:09am | IP Logged
Even GajPratap said that because of Narpat my wife and son left me. What nonsense!!!!! They didnt leave him beacause of him they left him because he was seeing Shama so often and his wife thought he has an affair with him. If Narpat had an affair with Shama, how the hell it explains that Padma left him. Gaj is not realising what teekhi mirchi is his wife. Angry
koolsadhu1000
koolsadhu1000

Posted: 08 May 2008 at 7:26am | IP Logged
Absolutely zatura . If Padma left Gaj , it is coz there is a definete problem of less trust and miscommunication between husband and wife . What utter rubbish they show yaar . Narpat is not responsible for the rift between gaj and padma at all .
By the way look at padmas character . Employing a maid to sleep with her son and break her bahu's hold over him ????? What kind of sleazy madamlike thinking is this ??? Is it the thinking of sum khandaani thakurain ? And gunjan ??? Nowadays he is behaving little sober ....we all know his ways !
Samar needs a public dressing down by sum one like Mannobhabi . He needs to feel very very ashamed of himself . Even if a son understands his father has a past , he needs to be neutral in the whole thing as it really is not his business and personally his dad was wonderful to him.....he needs to take a neutral stand , placate his mom, talk with his dad , and keep the family going . That is expected of a mature son. How can he even dare to judge his father when his own wife is far too much ....she embarasses him wherever they go and he does tolerate her doesnt he ?
And yes , one can never eliminate the past , but past is for learning from the mistakes and acting positively...not for living in it and punishing individuals for it . It is ridiculous .

Go to top