•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago

I know IPL has eaten away at KYM ratings and may even be responsible for this lame storyline being stretched to impossible lengths but I am absolutely loving the tournament. Which got me thinking which team would our KYM characters be playing for :

Neev - Delhi Daredevils

Started off really strongly with being the cute, lovable lead but lost it a bit in the middle by marrying Ayesha and then became a bit redundant and unoticed when Michi became the central focus. Has rebounded nicely with a few wins in trying to get Michi back together and becoming the sweet, goofy friend he once was. But with a recent loss to Mumbai aka Ayesha and the threat of turning negative still hovering, a place in the semis is still under threat.

Ayesha - Mumbai Indians

Couldn't get off to a more disasterous start in life, absent dad and ill mom, a bit like four losses in a row. Then came the 'slap' 😆, be it the figuartive one she got when Milind married Prachi or the literal one she got when he discovered the truth about Ritwik ala Harbajan & Sreesanth. But got to give it to the girl, like the Mumbai Indians she has clawed her way back in there and has now scored three victories in a row. Milind loses his memory, Milind thinks he is still in love with her and Milind proposes to her. Whether she can maintain this winning form remains to be seen.

Milind - Chennai Super Kings

Oh my god, could not have started off more brightly. Four wins in a row and all that charisma and confident winning attitude, just flattened the opposition. But then the Aussies left, like Milind's memory did and the wheels came off. Three quick losses followed. You don't remember your wife, you try to get her engaged to her ex and now you're wallowing in guilt for being in love with your own wife.  But for love of Michi and out of sheer loyalty, we are sticking with you, just like I'm sticking with Chennai cos I'm part Tamil & too many South Africans play for them. 😆 But if you don't start turning things around soon, I'm out of there. 😆

Prachi - Rajasthan Royals 

Like Rajastan lost to Delhi Daredevils in the opening match, Prachi started off on a loss for me by being a sheltered daddy's little girl and quietly following her best friend. But then Milind happened and she has just grown from strength to strength. Yes, it's been a real struggle at times but she has managed to come out tops  most of the time like the Royals. And just like Rajasthan managed to conquer the mighty Chennai, so as Prachi managed to conquer Milind. 😊 However with today's dismal loss to Mumbai Indians, got to wait and see what the final outcome is.

😆

What an analysis BC...Dont watch cricket so dont know about the teams...but from the descriptions u have given...each character seems to fit in perfectly...

Always smile at all your posts blackcurrant!

This one's good too. Sukriti should probably be Team Bangalore...always a loser.
hey, what an awesome post Blackcurrant... this is by far the best analogy drawn by anyone... given that i LOVE my cricket and KYM being the ONLY series i watch, every day for me is a constant battle for the remote control... considering that KYM starts exactly when most of the matches are about to end in a cliffhanger or almost all of them go down to the wire.

your comaprisons were impeccable. i couldnt help but agree with everything u mentioned in there.. Im a huge MS Dhoni fan so i gotta support the Chennai Super Kings... good times or bad.. just as we gotta stand by Milsi in the hope that he will regain his memory anytime soon..    

Excellent post BC as always. I dont watch IPL matches but learnt a lot from your post about the teams. Chennai Super Kings it is for me. Afterall I am a native of that city. Since Milind represents it, this would be an added incentive to support the team! No way I will support the Mumbai Indians even though my residence now is in this city, especially since my most hated character in KYM seems to be representing it.

By the way would the finals be between Chennai Super Kings and Mumbai Indians with the former squashing the latter?   

Edited by optimist - 15 years ago
BC...LOVE your quirky analysis...always a joy to read. Thank you 😉
me too for our MSD CSK 👏 👏 👏 ,we wil we will rock u.iam from chennai too. 😉
Excellent post 👏 👏 👏

Like someone mentioned Sukriti can be Deccan Chargers or Royal Challengers 😆