Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

World starving coz Indians eating more? (Page 2)

lighthouse IF-Dazzler
lighthouse
lighthouse

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 11:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TallyHo

President Bush seems to have added another feather to his cap ( of foot in mouth) by saying that the Indian middle class is eating more hence leading the whole world to the verge of food shortage...

Is there some truth in the statement...?

if  not,what according to you  is the real reason for the situation ...?

I haven't read or heard the speech or sound byte but I think he meant India's ever increasing middle class population is responsible for higher demand and consumption of food and consumer products. Smile  People in India generally eat more often as seen by popularity of street or fast foods like chaats, pani puri etc. jmho.

Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 1:43pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 7:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by TallyHo

President Bush seems to have added another feather to his cap ( of foot in mouth) by saying that the Indian middle class is eating more hence leading the whole world to the verge of food shortage...

Is there some truth in the statement...?

if  not,what according to you  is the real reason for the situation ...?

Yes thats true.. Indians dont know better than hoarding and eating...especially when people have started visiting McD and pizza hut.. how come thats causing rice and dal prices to go up!!!?????

lighthouse IF-Dazzler
lighthouse
lighthouse

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 8:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Yes thats true.. Indians dont know better than hoarding and eating...especially when people have started visiting McD and pizza hut.. how come thats causing rice and dal prices to go up!!!?????

LOL LOL.. Maybe the westerners have developed likening to dosas and idli sambhar. Tongue  Seriously I was shocked the last time I went shopping for a bag of rice..!!!!!

qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 9:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lighthouse

Originally posted by qwertyesque

LOL LOL.. Maybe the westerners have developed likening to dosas and idli sambhar. Tongue  Seriously I was shocked the last time I went shopping for a bag of rice..!!!!!

LOLLOLLOL...Stop eating the good rice...eat the long grain texmati - basmati's bas***dized version....LOL

manny. Senior Member
manny.
manny.

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 9:59pm | IP Logged
lolll yeaaa thats it... even though america is considered to have the fattest people in the world...i wonder how there is so many fat people there... did they starve themselves? LOL
return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 10:37pm | IP Logged
Did you just see the list I typed in Mac vs Vada Pav. Sorry America, I get very hungry.

We dont really give a damn here in Wisconsin. Please lay off the brats and cheese. That even applies to you Germany!
chatbuster IF-Rockerz
chatbuster
chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 07 May 2008 at 9:20am | IP Logged

naheen yaar. khate toh shayad utne hee hain. bas, khane wale aur aa gaye Tongue

story is reverse in the west. khane wale utne hee hain, par khana ab itna jam kar khate hain kee hazam karna hee mushkil ho gaya hai Tongue LOL

waise, logon kee rotiyan ginna buri baat hai. pata naheen kyoon bush aisee behkee behkee baatein karta hai. par naheen karega toh bush kaisa? Tongue

Go to top