Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

looks or attitude what is more imp.? (Page 8)

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 08 May 2008 at 7:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chatbuster

Originally posted by Dabulls23

If I had to pick one between Looks or Attitude than I will say Attitude it is. Thumbs Up

In the pic abv posted with Sher and Sherni.

Sherni does what it takes to keep her family protected. Sher is lazy, no personality just long hair & big B***s and lives off of Sherni's hard work.

Go sherni you got the looks and attitude. And there is NO bully about or in it Big smile

Sher to pura dara huva lagta hai.  I guess something is missing in him Ouch LOL

lol. ok, even in this example of yours, it seems the sher again walks away the winner. sherni has a worker-bee attitude. she does all the hard work. sher on the other hand has a management-oriented attitude. gets what he wants just being lazy. usse acha aur kya scenario ho sakta hai sher ke liye?LOL

moral of the jungle storyTongue- there are attitudes and there are attitudes. no one size fits all. u started off thinking the sherni has the better attitude and i found that the sher does. these personal preferences weigh in less when it comes to looks. show someone a great looker and most likely others will agree. on the other hand, show a female with a bitchy attitude. the feminists will be clapping, the guys will be running away.Wink isliye, attitude ka kya karna when there's no consensus as to which is good and which is bad attitude. looks on the other hand u can count on. which is why u can count on what i am saying LOL

Agreed  Chatty boy Big smile Looks and Attitude are both subjective and how they are perceived by the looker. 

Self assured-confident attitude is turn on by most human beings. 

Selective perception by all can see someone Self Assured or bitchy all depends upon situation.

Example: When a guy is attracted to a woman who has a bitchy attitude towards someone else but drools and admires that woman as self assured woman.  But the same woman when she interacts with him carrying self assured attitude he calls her having bitchy attitude Ouch

They say women are hard to understand but I say Men......are from Mars LOL

Go figure!!  It all depends upon whether he is interested in her or not.  Before or after Wink  LOL

BTW average looker with great attitude might be more attractive than gorgeous looker with bad attitude or lack there of Tongue  Turn off Embarrassed

You can reverse the example above and same results.

Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 08 May 2008 at 8:11pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
Bhaskar.T IF-Sizzlerz
Bhaskar.T
Bhaskar.T

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 08 May 2008 at 9:56pm | IP Logged
Moderator's Note:

Some posts from this topic have been removed.

Now something for few. Dev team has noticed that sarcasm and making personal posts is somehow becoming a very common factor in debates past many days. You have some personal issues with a fellow member here take it up outside IF and resolve it. But to bring that into debate and then make sarcastic posts is something the Dev Team will not tolerate anymore. Even in this topic it was done.

Not just that. Posts were made out of context just to show down fellow members. That is clearly against the ethics of debate. This section is meant to discuss and debate issues and NOT a fellow member. Nor is the section meant to take pot shot at fellow members in the name of debate and insult them. Some selected members unfortunately are doing this regularly.

Now onwards if the Dev Team find anyone making such posts even indirectly, be prepared to face action. We have posted some guidelines for you all and see that it is followed.

Warning for all members!!!!

Also STICK to the actual discussion. The whole discussion itself had taken a complete U turn and in future anyone found doing so just for the sake of taking pot shot at fellow members, will face action. Topic is being opened again but see it does not take the same course.

Edited by Bhaskar.T - 09 May 2008 at 12:42am
chatbuster IF-Rockerz
chatbuster
chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 09 May 2008 at 1:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dabulls23

Example: When a guy is attracted to a woman who has a bitchy attitude towards someone else but drools and admires that woman as self assured woman.  But the same woman when she interacts with him carrying self assured attitude he calls her having bitchy attitude Ouch

not true for a lot of guys. that's a misconception that i think females might labor under.Tongue

They say women are hard to understand but I say Men......are from Mars LOL

i think this is inadvertently supporting my viewpoint- that people's attitudes are hard to figure out. what one person likes for attitude, another person might not. after all by your own acknowledgment, they are from different planets.Wink

Go figure!!  It all depends upon whether he is interested in her or not.  Before or after Wink  LOL

BTW average looker with great attitude might be more attractive than gorgeous looker with bad attitude or lack there of Tongue  Turn off Embarrassed

You can reverse the example above and same results.

like how? why dont we try a bad looker with great attitude versus gorgeous looker with bad attitude? why are we cherry-picking the comparison?Wink

and then try answering the question when the guy is a great looker himself. now tell me who is he gonna go for?Smile

Edited by chatbuster - 09 May 2008 at 1:18am
chatbuster IF-Rockerz
chatbuster
chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 09 May 2008 at 1:17am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Gauri_3

I think constantly finding faults in others is also an attitude....a very bad one at that...very very very bad Wink no amount of good-looks can ever cover this flaw LOL If you ask me, bitchy men are bigger turn offs than bitchy womenTongue

wonder where one finds such men. the guys i know keep to themselves, dont go behind people's backs and run others down. they dont exactly seem very bitchy to me, but then what do i know?Tongue

in any case, i am not sure the debate's about enumerating one's list of personal turn-offs or turn-ons. Winkon the other hand, if we go by what some have been saying, men and women might as well be from different planets. he finds her bitchy when she's just being vigorous in protecting her interests. and vice versa. so once again, by your own admission, very different viewpoints when it comes to attitudes.Tongue

Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 09 May 2008 at 9:05am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
chatbuster IF-Rockerz
chatbuster
chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 09 May 2008 at 9:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

We cannot change our past..
We cannot change the fact that people will
act in a certain way.
We cannot change the inevitable.
The only thing we can do
is play on the one string we have,
and that is our attitude
….

This poem says it all!  Pretty much sums up my thoughts and my stance on this debateSmile

if this is what your new stance is, then it seems inconsistent to me with what you had earlier when you were disagreeing with my post. with this poem you are now backing the idea that attitude is something one can work on, other things one cannot. pretty much what i was saying earlier and the reverse of what you were saying.Wink

btw, very moving poem, i am sure.Tongue it does of course state one's position on the debate, not necessarily advance it on any logical grounds imo. here's why- the debate is on which is more important. Sure, if someone doesnt have the other good stuff, then attitude is the only thing they can work with and that seems to be the thrust of the poem. But that does not really speak to superiority of attitude versus the other good stuff one might already have. Latter has been my point all along, a point i have been consistently making without hedgingWink

Edited by chatbuster - 09 May 2008 at 9:49am
chatbuster IF-Rockerz
chatbuster
chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 09 May 2008 at 10:17am | IP Logged

here's the other difficulty when we talk of attitude. it's like a politician trying to appeal to voters saying he's for change. but what change is he talking about? it's a similar case when we get to attitude. the guy who is laid-back, non-ambitious- does he have a good attitude or a lazy one? the guy who is an achiever (and often aggressive in the process)- is his attitude good or bad? the housewife who pushes her husband to do more- does she have a good attitude or a bad one. it seems to me we are just using labels when we talk of good attitude and bad attitude without even knowing what specifically we mean by those, much like what the politicians do when they talk of change, almost as if to create an impression that any change is good, as if we can all magically agree on what that good change is. Wink Smile

Edited by chatbuster - 09 May 2008 at 10:24am

Go to top