Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

looks or attitude what is more imp.? (Page 18)

chatbuster IF-Rockerz
chatbuster
chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 15 May 2008 at 12:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lighthouse

Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by lighthouse

......... SRK doesn't count, he married ghori way back when he was a nobody. Smile

hey lighty,

fact is they are still together and going great guns...and this has nothing to do with "only" looksSmile  this is the whole point lighty.  Average lookers like SRK can become the heartthrob of millions because of their attitude ...their personality and an average looker gauri khan can hold the attention of king khan w/o being a knock-out beauty....hmmm....looks like food for some thoughtWink

btw, thanks for providing srk-gauri khan exampleTongueLOL

I think the debate is about why men/people prefer looks vs attitude sans looks and I feel that people prefer looks first as Indiangirl mentioned about DIL but not everyone is good looking and there aren't that many good looking people to go around Wink for everyone who wants one, so the second choice is ofcourse whatever turns them on and they can get their hands on - attitude, talent, money etc. LOL

As for SRK , who knows if he will ever go boney kapoor or dharmendra way, may be he is lazy to rock the boat and wants to keep his marital status status quo or maybe KJO hasn't said yes yet. Wink  j/k ok...

agree with u Lighty. but if u look at the average desi male, SRK is probably a lot better looking than most. the average guy looks like he's crawled out of some pocket with a gali number in a vague sector.LOLwhy else wld gals be going crazy over SRK. aint his attitude for sure. as for the females, gauri is probably the same- she might be bad looking to some of us but she's way more glam looking than the normal desi female, 99% of whom are shapeless and have the wrong paint on, whether it's the nails or the face.LOL

chatbuster IF-Rockerz
chatbuster
chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 15 May 2008 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SholaJoBhadkey

Originally posted by chatbuster

ROFLROFLROFLthis is hilarious.LOL having filmi types trying to impress folks by saying they like intelligent gals.LOLarre kansara boss, do u even know what intelligence means to them? an intelligent gal to them is someone who knows how to flutter her eyelids and look prettyTongue, and someone who can use tapori language, recite lotsa bollywood lyrics and come up with corny lines picked up from the latest b-grade novel. ab research ke liye aur koi naheen mila?LOL

You seem to know a lot about c-grade celebrities and b-grade novels Wink 

Aren't you second-guessing as well??Tongue

no, at least i am not stretching to find so-called celebs and what they have to say. ever seen chetan hansraj? if that's the kind of stuff one defines as a handome hunk, then what can i say? go ahead, light the fire?Wink

and novels?sure. i sure can tell what's a b-grade novel- something i havent read.. that satisfy u regarding my reading credentials?Tongue

and no, i aint second-guessing. i know what men like me want. dont have to go to a so-called newspiece on HT to think or develop any ideas.Wink

SholaJoBhadkey IF-Dazzler
SholaJoBhadkey
SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 15 May 2008 at 12:48pm | IP Logged

ROFLROFLROFLthis is hilarious.LOL having filmi types trying to impress folks by saying they like intelligent gals.LOLarre kansara boss, do u even know what intelligence means to them? an intelligent gal to them is someone who knows how to flutter her eyelids and look prettyTongue, and someone who can use tapori language, recite lotsa bollywood lyrics and come up with corny lines picked up from the latest b-grade novel. ab research ke liye aur koi naheen mila?LOL

You seem to know a lot about c-grade celebrities and b-grade novels Wink 

Aren't you second-guessing as well??Tongue

no, at least i am not stretching to find so-called celebs and what they have to say. ever seen chetan hansraj? if that's the kind of stuff one defines as a handome hunk, then what can i say? go ahead, light the fire?Wink

and novels?sure. i sure can tell what's a b-grade novel- something i havent read.. that satisfy u regarding my reading credentials?Tongue

and no, i aint second-guessing. i know what men like me want. dont have to go to a so-called newspiece on HT to think or develop any ideas.Wink

CB - you can only speak for yourself. By using a phrase like "men like me" you are generalising for people you don't even know. I am sure there are more people like you than the ones you know of. The assurance with which you condemned these men's taste/expectations/likes/dislikes does not come from knowing these people. It may be based on your perception of them. Unless you know them personally, you are second guessing. Smile 

Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 15 May 2008 at 12:49pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
chatbuster IF-Rockerz
chatbuster
chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 15 May 2008 at 1:55pm | IP Logged

CB - you can only speak for yourself. By using a phrase like "men like me" you are generalising for people you don't even know. I am sure there are more people like you than the ones you know of. The assurance with which you condemned these men's taste/expectations/likes/dislikes does not come from knowing these people. It may be based on your perception of them. Unless you know them personally, you are second guessing. Smile 

lol. if u find the drivel these celebs pass off as intelligence, no problem. what can anyone say? LOL

as for the rest of that, good. now we are getting somewhere.Tongue at least i am talking about men like me, friends and company that i know quite well, not trying to exterpolate what men in general think by putting out celeb-speak. implicit in all this of course is that that's my perception, much the same as a lot of other stuff is urs or anyone else's. very basic- shldnt even have to tell anyone that. Wink 

btw, who r u speaking for? someone else?WinkLOL why then assume that i am speaking for anyone else?Tongue

Edited by chatbuster - 15 May 2008 at 1:57pm
chatbuster IF-Rockerz
chatbuster
chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 15 May 2008 at 2:05pm | IP Logged

lol. funny how so many people world over claim that SRK is average looking. kabhie apne bfs/ gfs ko dekha? Wink LOL

actually, comparing SRK on looks against other actors in the industry is like comparing, say, two famous orchestras against each other. doesnt matter if one is first and the other is second. both are going places. once u get to a certain level, the minor differences dont count for much.TongueLOL

Edited by chatbuster - 15 May 2008 at 2:06pm
lighthouse IF-Dazzler
lighthouse
lighthouse

Posted: 15 May 2008 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Agreed with you Lighty.  .......and your point is very well noted....about why an average looking SRK has left all other hotties behindTongue I don't know about you , but I like Hrithik.Tongue  I think even you prefer Shiney over SRK hain naa. Tongue As an actor everyone will have different prefernce but if we are talking about having dinner or spending "quality" time with then most would prefer Hrithik or JA over SRK.

With the likes of Hritik, JA, Shiney, Fardeen, Zayad......wonder why would someone think India has a dearth of good looking guysErmm  

Your camp claiming that there are not many good looking guys and gals around in India........quite amusing actuallyLOL LOLROFL  The average Indian has whole bunch of bollywood stars to drool on.  They really do not need to compromise there.  Still they choose to go for a Rani aur SRK instead of other great looking ones should tell your side of the campers something....if not a lotWinkLOL  You are missing the point here.  They like SRK because he is a star. it's like self fulfilling prophecy. No one liked SRK when he wasn't a star.   Same with Rani. again if they have a choice to marry a Hrithik or SRK lookalike, I  would say Hrithik lookalike would be picked over the other one.

The real question is, would SRK even consider looking at GK now if he wasn't married to her already. Smile  Going by the women succesful/most sought after bollywood guys marry, I would say with 100% certainity that he wouldn't.  Emotionaly speaking it would take a lot to undo what has been done so lets not get hung up on why he is still married to her or married her in the first place, although it would have to be that she was the best looker he could get at the time.

It is a fact , may be not a right one for some , that beautiful or tall people do get preference everywhere, in job markets they get hired over the other ones and make more . we have built in appreciation for and preference of beauty. Research has shown even babie's eyes get wider and faces brightened up when they see a beautiful person or picture of one.

As far as the debate goes when looking for a DIL, I think everyone aspires to get the best looking person they can get. Smile 

Edited by lighthouse - 15 May 2008 at 2:16pm
qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 15 May 2008 at 2:24pm | IP Logged

lol. if u find the drivel these celebs pass off as intelligence, no problem. what can anyone say? LOL

as for the rest of that, good. now we are getting somewhere.Tongue at least i am talking about men like me, friends and company that i know quite well, not trying to exterpolate what men in general think by putting out celeb-speak. implicit in all this of course is that that's my perception, much the same as a lot of other stuff is urs or anyone else's. very basic- shldnt even have to tell anyone that. Wink 

btw, who r u speaking for? someone else?WinkLOL why then assume that i am speaking for anyone else?Tongue

Sometimes its difficult when you guess.. for eg,,, there is guy who wrote a book called 5 point someone... or something.. I think casual crap is being dished out to people bundled into a novel and everyone seems to drool over it.. I could pass it off as some some casually written short story or something but by no stretch of imagination it can be called literary work...

Go to top