Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chatbuster thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Originally posted by: SholaJoBhadkey

CB - you can only speak for yourself. By using a phrase like "men like me" you are generalising for people you don't even know. I am sure there are more people like you than the ones you know of. The assurance with which you condemned these men's taste/expectations/likes/dislikes does not come from knowing these people. It may be based on your perception of them. Unless you know them personally, you are second guessing. 😊 

lol. if u find the drivel these celebs pass off as intelligence, no problem. what can anyone say? πŸ˜†

as for the rest of that, good. now we are getting somewhere.πŸ˜› at least i am talking about men like me, friends and company that i know quite well, not trying to exterpolate what men in general think by putting out celeb-speak. implicit in all this of course is that that's my perception, much the same as a lot of other stuff is urs or anyone else's. very basic- shldnt even have to tell anyone that. πŸ˜‰ 

btw, who r u speaking for? someone else?πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† why then assume that i am speaking for anyone else?πŸ˜›

Edited by chatbuster - 15 years ago
chatbuster thumbnail

lol. funny how so many people world over claim that SRK is average looking. kabhie apne bfs/ gfs ko dekha? πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

actually, comparing SRK on looks against other actors in the industry is like comparing, say, two famous orchestras against each other. doesnt matter if one is first and the other is second. both are going places. once u get to a certain level, the minor differences dont count for much.πŸ˜›πŸ˜† Edited by chatbuster - 15 years ago
lighthouse thumbnail
Originally posted by: Gauri_3

Agreed with you Lighty.  .......and your point is very well noted....about why an average looking SRK has left all other hotties behindπŸ˜› I don't know about you , but I like Hrithik.πŸ˜›  I think even you prefer Shiney over SRK hain naa. πŸ˜› As an actor everyone will have different prefernce but if we are talking about having dinner or spending "quality" time with then most would prefer Hrithik or JA over SRK.

With the likes of Hritik, JA, Shiney, Fardeen, Zayad......wonder why would someone think India has a dearth of good looking guysπŸ€”  

Your camp claiming that there are not many good looking guys and gals around in India........quite amusing actuallyπŸ˜† πŸ˜†πŸ€£  The average Indian has whole bunch of bollywood stars to drool on.  They really do not need to compromise there.  Still they choose to go for a Rani aur SRK instead of other great looking ones should tell your side of the campers something....if not a lotπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†  You are missing the point here.  They like SRK because he is a star. it's like self fulfilling prophecy. No one liked SRK when he wasn't a star.   Same with Rani. again if they have a choice to marry a Hrithik or SRK lookalike, I  would say Hrithik lookalike would be picked over the other one.

The real question is, would SRK even consider looking at GK now if he wasn't married to her already. 😊  Going by the women succesful/most sought after bollywood guys marry, I would say with 100% certainity that he wouldn't.  Emotionaly speaking it would take a lot to undo what has been done so lets not get hung up on why he is still married to her or married her in the first place, although it would have to be that she was the best looker he could get at the time.

It is a fact , may be not a right one for some , that beautiful or tall people do get preference everywhere, in job markets they get hired over the other ones and make more . we have built in appreciation for and preference of beauty. Research has shown even babie's eyes get wider and faces brightened up when they see a beautiful person or picture of one.

As far as the debate goes when looking for a DIL, I think everyone aspires to get the best looking person they can get. 😊 

Edited by lighthouse - 15 years ago
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: chatbuster

lol. if u find the drivel these celebs pass off as intelligence, no problem. what can anyone say? πŸ˜†

as for the rest of that, good. now we are getting somewhere.πŸ˜› at least i am talking about men like me, friends and company that i know quite well, not trying to exterpolate what men in general think by putting out celeb-speak. implicit in all this of course is that that's my perception, much the same as a lot of other stuff is urs or anyone else's. very basic- shldnt even have to tell anyone that. πŸ˜‰ 

btw, who r u speaking for? someone else?πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† why then assume that i am speaking for anyone else?πŸ˜›

Sometimes its difficult when you guess.. for eg,,, there is guy who wrote a book called 5 point someone... or something.. I think casual crap is being dished out to people bundled into a novel and everyone seems to drool over it.. I could pass it off as some some casually written short story or something but by no stretch of imagination it can be called literary work...

SholaJoBhadkey thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

lol. if u find the drivel these celebs pass off as intelligence, no problem. what can anyone say? πŸ˜† Read my post carefully. I haven't passed any judgement on their intelligence, or lack of thereof! Nor have I endorsed what they have said. 😊

as for the rest of that, good. now we are getting somewhere.πŸ˜› at least i am talking about men like me, friends and company that i know quite well, not trying to exterpolate what men in general think by putting out celeb-speak. implicit in all this of course is that that's my perception, much the same as a lot of other stuff is urs or anyone else's. very basic- shldnt even have to tell anyone that. πŸ˜‰ At no point have I said that celeb-speak is the gospel truth. I don't care what celebs say. I merely questioned your broad condemnation of people who don't toe the same line as yours. You have been making yourself clearer in subsequent posts and you were quite specific in this post by saying " men like me, friends and company that i know quite well". I accept the validity of this argument.

You made the generalisations. I didn't! All I have been doing is questioning your line of argument. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

chatbuster thumbnail

and here's a good reason why guys go for the good looking ones, as if they ever needed the motivation. πŸ˜† at least u see what u're getting. with the rest of them, there's no saying. all u know for sure is u're buying a beat up car but cant be sure if she dont turn out a real lemon that troubles u a lot and that u cant even park at the good-looking entrance πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

like they say, a bird in hand is worth two in the bush. go for the sure bet- the looker. πŸ˜‰

Originally posted by: lighthouse

The real question is, would SRK even consider looking at GK now if he wasn't married to her already. 😊 

No m'am.  The real question is why he is still not looking at others when he has so many of them throwing themselves at him...not the one you raised here.

Going by the women succesful/most sought after bollywood guys marry, I would say with 100% certainity that he wouldn't.

Again, your camp is resorting to second guessing here.  Go back to the FACTS that were pointed out a page ago.  

Emotionaly speaking it would take a lot to undo what has been done so lets not get hung up on why he is still married to her or married her in the first place, although it would have to be that she was the best looker he could get at the time.

Again, a speculation on your part...a second guess.  We are talking about a celebrity superstar here.  We all know what kind of an image the stars have.  SRK is still very much commited to his wife and never had any extra-marital affairs as far as we know.  This should tell you that looks may capture one's eyes but its the personlaity that captures one's heart😊

It is a fact , may be not a right one for some , that beautiful or tall people do get preference everywhere, in job markets they get hired over the other ones and make more . we have built in appreciation for and preference of beauty. Research has shown even babie's eyes get wider and faces brightened up when they see a beautiful person or picture of one.

Did you read my posts on this thread?  If you did, you'll know what I have been saying all along.  Looks are like a marketing tool. Great to get an entry.  Rest depends on your attitude, personality and other stuff.  Even you said in your first post that it's the passion that keeps things going later.  Are you doing a 180 turn here?  If yes, then wonder whyπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

As far as the debate goes when looking for a DIL, I think everyone aspires to get the best looking person they can get. 😊 

...and that's how this debate started.  The thread opener wanted to know why people do not focus on attitude when it is also important.😊

Edited by Gauri_3 - 15 years ago
chatbuster thumbnail
Originally posted by: SholaJoBhadkey

lol. if u find the drivel these celebs pass off as intelligence, no problem. what can anyone say? πŸ˜† Read my post carefully. I haven't passed any judgement on their intelligence, or lack of thereof! Nor have I endorsed what they have said. 😊

as for the rest of that, good. now we are getting somewhere.πŸ˜› at least i am talking about men like me, friends and company that i know quite well, not trying to exterpolate what men in general think by putting out celeb-speak. implicit in all this of course is that that's my perception, much the same as a lot of other stuff is urs or anyone else's. very basic- shldnt even have to tell anyone that. πŸ˜‰ At no point have I said that celeb-speak is the gospel truth. I don't care what celebs say. I merely questioned your broad condemnation of people who don't toe the same line as yours. You have been making yourself clearer in subsequent posts and you were quite specific in this post by saying " men like me, friends and company that i know quite well". I accept the validity of this argument.

You made the generalisations. I didn't! All I have been doing is questioning your line of argument. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

arent we going too far with characterizing what was there as condemnation? πŸ˜•as for generalizations, arent the folks who take what celebs have to say and try to exterpolate it to other guys, doing the generalization first?πŸ˜‰ werent u generalizing when u were joining in the laughter surrounding pretty gals making dumb statements?πŸ˜‰ are all pretty gals dumb? or all handome guys stupid? one didnt see the same consistent concern for generalizations back thenπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

and since u bring all this up, sorry if one mistook all the questioning and other remarks as spamming.😊

Edited by chatbuster - 15 years ago
chatbuster thumbnail

lol. simple thing. u go for the beat-up looking version if u dont have the wares to get the fancy model. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

it's also like this- if u know u cant get the prettiest thing u want, then u get into the mode of compromising. u're not going to be too turned on anyway, so might as well pick someone who'll have a good attitude cleaning up the house, making the beds and fixing the meals. that's when apne dil ko maar kar one goes for the shabbier version. πŸ˜› πŸ˜†
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

lol. simple thing. u go for the beat-up looking version if u dont have the wares to get the fancy model. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

it's also like this- if u know u cant get the prettiest thing u want, then u get into the mode of compromising. u're not going to be too turned on anyway, so might as well pick someone who'll have a good attitude cleaning up the house, making the beds and fixing the meals. that's when apne dil ko maar kar one goes for the shabbier version. πŸ˜› πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†πŸ˜† yeh mahilaayen moud key apne pati key taraf kyon dekh raheli hai abhi!!!????πŸ˜†

Edited by qwertyesque - 15 years ago