Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Vadapav v Mac: the great fastfood debate (Page 5)

qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 08 May 2008 at 4:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lighthouse

Ok, comparing vada pav with Mac burgers is like comparing meat and potatoes. Wink LOL 

It is hard to say who wins hands down, unless vada pav guys can declare publicly like Mcd does - 20 billion served. Tongue

I think they can say 200 billion served but we dont play the number games.. In mumbai there is a place which sells vada - all the mc'ds put together cant match that rate.. forget rest of india just mumbai stats will overthrow Mcd..if numbers is your only measure

lighthouse IF-Dazzler
lighthouse
lighthouse

Posted: 08 May 2008 at 7:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by lighthouse

Ok, comparing vada pav with Mac burgers is like comparing meat and potatoes. Wink LOL 

It is hard to say who wins hands down, unless vada pav guys can declare publicly like Mcd does - 20 billion served. Tongue

I think they can say 200 billion served but we dont play the number games.. In mumbai there is a place which sells vada - all the mc'ds put together cant match that rate.. forget rest of india just mumbai stats will overthrow Mcd..if numbers is your only measure

You may be right Qwertoo about numbers of vada pav vs burgers there. I just used 20 billion number arbitrarily but it could be more than 200 billion according to mcd website. they stopped counting in 1994 when their menu expanded to include non-burger items.  Also the number that makes more sense is percentage of burgers or vada vs the population they serve. again don't know the exact number but the size of population mcd's serve is nowhere near billion plus population in India that potentially consumes vada pav.

In any case,  more and more mcd's restaurants are opening up everywhere except USA/Europe, which is not the case with vada pav joints so it may be safe to say that burgers are gaining advantage at the cost of vada pav.

An exact opposite phenomenon happened in the UK and in London in particular during recent times. there hardly is any fish and chips restaurant to be found in and around London when they used to be at every corner about 20 years ago.  What you find at every corner these days is an Indian restaurant.!!!!

Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 09 May 2008 at 1:07pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 09 May 2008 at 5:30pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Gauri_3

hmmmm...i thunk and thunk and thunk and my answer is neither vada-pao nor Mc'D. nothing beats ghar ka khana...especially maa key haath ka khana Big smile

maa har din vada pav baanyegi kya?

Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 09 May 2008 at 6:28pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
souro Moderator
souro
souro

Posted: 09 May 2008 at 6:42pm | IP Logged
Don't like vada pav one bit. From our side (Kolkata) I like phuchka, rolls (or kati rolls), roadside fried foods called chops, samosas (known as singara), etc. Also like North Indian chaats. Among South Indian food the only decent one I feel is fried chillies.

Am not very fond of McD also, though I do like burgers. But there are local restaurants which according to me make better burgers, one such will be Kobe's sizzler. Out of the lot that are present in India, I like KFC.
kabhi_21 IF-Rockerz
kabhi_21
kabhi_21

Posted: 09 May 2008 at 9:27pm | IP Logged
Vada pav anyday.... Mc D is not tasty at all Ouch however for either its an occasional bite for a change... not a regular appetiteBig smile

Edited by kabhi_21 - 09 May 2008 at 9:28pm
SholaJoBhadkey IF-Dazzler
SholaJoBhadkey
SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 13 May 2008 at 9:29am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Gauri_3

hmmmm...i thunk and thunk and thunk and my answer is neither vada-pao nor Mc'D. nothing beats ghar ka khana...especially maa key haath ka khana Big smile

sawaal acchey khaney ka kahan tha? sawaal desi/videshi ka tha LOL

Go to top