Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Vadapav v Mac: the great fastfood debate (Page 4)

chatbuster IF-Rockerz
chatbuster
chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 07 May 2008 at 12:49pm | IP Logged

^^^ i go there all the time- it's a good buildup when the company is right. Wink the other one is mortons. lamb chops there r outa the world.

and naheen yaar, even non-veg guys wld stop at snakes, lizards, dogs... Just the thought is sickening.

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 07 May 2008 at 6:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by return_to_hades

When will they be expanding to the States.

I am a huge fan of Indian snack food. Not that I American junk any less, but that I love Indian junk more.

Hmm Vada Pav, Samosa Pav and Double Roti from that stall in front of school. Bhel Puri, Sev Puri & Pani Puri at the park. Frankies outsde the shopping complex. Chole Bhature at Jhamas, Pav Bhaji and Masala Pav at DPs. The Idlis, Dosas, Rasam Vadas and endless servings of sambar and chutney at Manis. Ragda pattice at the beach. Those amazing Veg cutlets and veg sandwiches they serve on the Konkan railway trains. Those bhajiyas and pakodas that guy fried in front of the temple. Rassa omlette at Colva beach. Those Chinese dosa places by the railway station, and yeah Indian Chinese from the road stalls.

What I miss most is bhutta. We grill corn every summer, but nothing matches the smoky taste of desi corn enjoyed with the earthy scent of monsoon setting the atmosphere for pure ecstatic eating bliss. Better than chocolate, amazing enough to be a sin.

if you have hotbreads around you will get it... There are lot of these indian restaurants providing all this. I personally think they dont compare with the ones made back home.. but if you are an ABCD..or almost one,  you can soak in the pleasure of having munched a Vada pav in USA - it wont make any difference... SmileLOL

again bhutta toh mostly american sweet corn ka hota hai..its too sweet so its not as good as the bhutta back in india...

After eaten of the streets in Bombay for 18 years, American Indian restaurants just cannot cut it out. Although I have had some decent Indian in Edison and Chicago.

Right on with the Bhutta all sweet corn, too sweet. The Mexican corn is not too bad, but just not like India.
raunaq IF-Sizzlerz
raunaq
raunaq

Posted: 07 May 2008 at 8:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SholaJoBhadkey

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Come on LH.....you cant stop some sweat dripping into the vada pav especially if they are standing next to a boiling griddle...haath ka pasina, mathe ka pasina... and they dont charge for that - can you believe it!!!?????LOLLOLLOL

Was that enough of an appetite damper?LOLLOL

LOLLOL It's the pasina that brings the unique taste LOL 

YUCK! what you guys are talking about? Dead Dead Dead. food hygiene people need to barge in now.

raunaq IF-Sizzlerz
raunaq
raunaq

Posted: 07 May 2008 at 8:40pm | IP Logged
Dead Dead Dead nevermind, i lost my appetite, reading the previous page
return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 07 May 2008 at 9:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lighthouse

^^^^  I know gross as in Taco bell frog burrito.. Ouch and live lobsters at french restaurants, you pick the one you want to have on your plate. Confused

being a vegeterian, I can understand how offensive it could be for some but for non -vegs out there, it shouldn't be that big of a deal. meat is meat after all, that is what they say.Confused

Non vegetarians can be strange too. I do not eat goat due to trauma caused by accidentally walking into a goat slaughterhouse as a kid. I can be tricked into eating goat, but if I know it is goat I cannot eat it.

I also have somewhat of a phobic aversion to blood, bones and flesh. If I see the meat in raw form, then I cannot eat what is prepared of it. If it has bones I avoid it or resort to prodding and nibbling. Watching someone eat a rare to medium rare steak at the table across sends butterflies in my tummy. People gnawing at bones, sucking at marrow makes my tummy do flips. Knowing that something is live, and then slaughtered and cooked for people makes my tummy do flips. Since I enjoy a lot of meat I am deluding myself that they fell from the sky or something.

As a child I whined and cried like a sissy at things, but my dad always yelled at me that one cannot eat meat and then whine about slaughter or how its eaten. I can deal with it if I am made to, but avoid it. If I had to cook for myself all the time my meat consumption would radically diminish to deli meats and other things classified by me as 'clean meats'.

Yeah I am a non vegetarian neurotic.Well if I ever start my own religion there will be an elaborate section on 'clean meats'. Perhaps all those restrictions in the past also came from neurotics like me.
lighthouse IF-Dazzler
lighthouse
lighthouse

Posted: 08 May 2008 at 7:58am | IP Logged

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Yeah I am a non vegetarian neurotic.Well if I ever start my own religion there will be an elaborate section on 'clean meats'. Perhaps all those restrictions in the past also came from neurotics like me.

LOL  Have heard of - I think , therefore I am- neurotic.  but never I eat therefore I am - neurotic. Wink

Anuradha IF-Sizzlerz
Anuradha
Anuradha

Posted: 08 May 2008 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
When did so much deviation occur from the original track LOL Can we please get back to the topic Embarrassed
lighthouse IF-Dazzler
lighthouse
lighthouse

Posted: 08 May 2008 at 1:28pm | IP Logged

Ok, comparing vada pav with Mac burgers is like comparing meat and potatoes. Wink LOL 

It is hard to say who wins hands down, unless vada pav guys can declare publicly like Mcd does - 20 billion served. Tongue

Go to top