Thoughts On L R LVidya And Scriptwriter

Manzz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago

Hello

An interesting thought was raised by Master_Blaster, with a topic  Vidya being selfish and selling the interests of the country.

I would like to add to his perceptions of things, without disagreeing with his thoughts with few real incidents.

I do feel these few thoughts and incidents are in a way connected to  L R L, and the thoughts arising out of the few on going episodes of  L R L.

In the face of emotional arm twisting and blackmailing by some, we are left with few options and we do appear weak kneed at times.

A few years ago, a plane was high jacked and landed in Khandhar Airport, Afghanistan, at that time, Afghanistan had a Government hostile to India.

This after the Plane had landed in one of the Indian Airports, - I fail to recall as to which Airport it was, and the Commandos did try a failed bid to storm the plane.

The Government at that time in India had to release a terrorist accused  in exchange for the hundreds of passengers. At one end was the security of the Nation, and another the lives of the passengers, cries of their families under full media – television – glare. Options were two, 1. storm the plane with the Commandos,  who were ready to go,  but the Government hosting the plane was hostile, at that time Taliban Government was in place, and the Position of the plane was not known, so the storming of the Plane was not possible and the then Government of India had to release the prisoner,  in exchange of the passenger. One of the passengers was killed. And the then Minister who went to receive the passenger is still facing embarrassment for traveling with the terrorist.  And the person killed was on his return from his honeymoon.

Did the then Government sell the interest of the country or buy the lives of the hundreds of passengers ? Either way you look at it is that the lives of the passengers were more important at that point of time.

Still going back in time and history, year was 1989 and a new Government was sworn  in, the new Home Minister in place. And in a day or two, his Daughter was kidnapped and the accused terrorist in jail had to be released. Later on the Minister became the Chief Minister, a few years ago and still supporting the  Present Government of a state.

Here an innocent life of a lady was in danger and a father had to do something.

Another way of doing things. The Israeli Plane carrying its athletes to the Olympics was hijacked  years ago by the Palestinian Guerillas and the Israeli Government had the Commandos rescuing the athletes.

An American Plane was hijacked was hijacked to Entebbe in Egypt. At that time Idi Amin was the president and hostile to the Americans.

While the then President of America was Deliberating with his aides including the Army Chief. The Army Chief  without the knowledge of the President sent his Commandos on a rescue mission. The mission was accomplished with few causalities and precise timings for every move.

This rescue operation has been made into a film named " Raid Of The Entebbe".

Still on hijacking planes on a domestic flight, an Indian Airlines Plane was hijacked. A brave woman and the hostess of that flight, Mrs Bhanot, I cannot recall her first name, fought bravely to disarm the hijacker and in the process lost her life. But saved the lives of those passengers, who still recall her brave acts.

A bravery award is in place in her memory and her husband was in Air Force then.  

It is the question of taking the right decision for the right moment. This is my perception of things, and with the above real life happenings.

Food for thought.  It is really difficult situations and with no right or wrong actions. These are my perception of thoughts.

So Should not Vidya and the L R L Script Writers  be not judged on these above mentioned considerations ?

What Say ?

Edited by Manzz - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ultimate_Shadow thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i think ur points r strong manzz good ones...no doubt..

but here there is one more thing...i could understand that if vidya had to take an independent decision but here she trusts gunny and has told him evertything abt her and just few days back she said to the terrorist that she won't damge her country...

i still feel for a woman or man when u put up the uniform to serve the country...u have only one option....DO OR DIE. + army also tells that personal relatioships should not bundle and trouble the aim..

but sadly in both the cases of naina and vidya the scriptwriters showed the relationships stronger than the army..

my only request to the scriptwriters that if they just concerntrateon the Army training...with drills and exercised and little fun the show can become much better.

now the show is becoming more and more confusing...the dipersed tracks which should come after months in the serials r arriving now...plus these cadets didnt have their fresher's ball 😆 besides it is a rule that in the first sessions of cadets u can't take them out on such big missions..thats quite stressful...

so now i am hpeful of Only Gauri Pradhan's entry only she can save the show
Manzz thumbnail

Yes I agree, you have a point.

But then Vidya is into her training and this is how her flow of her thinking is going, and this is also a challenge and test, she wants things done her way, without involving Gunny. More over it is not yet revealed as to what her "Mistake Is" with regards to Vamsh's death.

As Far as Vidya is concerned show has just begun. Her point of perception, get to the terrorist, without losing Gunny, and without Selling the Country's interests.

Yes Naina's Character was weakenned unnecessarily and did make a damp squib out of Naveen's Death and Portrayal of Rajveer. In both cases Naina had a great scope.

Master_Blaster

i still feel for a woman or man when u put up the uniform to serve the country...u have only one option....DO OR DIE. + army also tells that personal relatioships should not bundle and trouble the aim..

but sadly in both the cases of naina and vidya the scriptwriters showed the relationships stronger than the army..

^^^^

Yes...Naina was lked becoz she had the perception of being a tough and scrolled Woman...Vidya needs to be like that too...she is strong but gets overpowered...scriptwriters has to do something abt it
Manzz thumbnail

True

And Script should not spoil Vidya Character like you have Stated And I really enjoy her character and Deeya's portrayal of this character.

Originally posted by: Master_Blaster

^^^^

Yes...Naina was lked becoz she had the perception of being a tough and scrolled Woman...Vidya needs to be like that too...she is strong but gets overpowered...scriptwriters has to do something abt it

^^^^

but most of the viewers r not liking the track...and power lies in unity....so vidya is surely troubling herself and serial tooo
Bugger thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
hmm.. ...there is a nice discussion going on and i think i will like to jump in 😆 😆 😆

well manzz ur theory is definatly very powerful ....
u hav given certain strong points ......which actually u cant decide its rite or wrong!
as a citizen i feel tht watever the government has doe is wrong cuz teh same terrorist whom they release ..kills many more than actually they wud hav if their demands were not met ....but if i see the perspective as a relative of a person who is in danger ...it gets shaken and u juss think of ur near and dear ones at tht moment!! so in th tcase u r rite tht it is a momentary decision ...its rite or wrong...i guess noone has tht answer......

regarding the show and vidya's decision ....well i think she got insensitive and didnt use her mind!! if at all she cud hav told everything to gunny and major sharma ....they cud hav worked it out and mite hav caught hold of tht person ......
it simply meant ..she trusted more on th tterrorist who killed vansh rather than gunny!

second point is tht ....the person who vidya wanted to save was himself an army officer ....who is ready to die 1000 times before giving defence secrets to terrorists!! if army officers strt getting so weak ....then any outsider can cum ,blackmail or watever and do wat they want!! there is sumthng known as planning and game ...thts wat vidya shud hav done...
she is an army officer and she shud hav kept tht in mind!

-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
well nice debate out here!!!!but i do agree with master blaster that the chrecter of viya is shown to be reckless......admited that shes in a sensitive state of mind and is being emotionaly blackmailed..........but that definately doesnt mean that she sells her country!!!!this is the second time its happening where naina shoots captian rajveer on the mission to save the target in season one coz shes stresses on the part that rajveer killed her brother and not bothering that the countries securities is in danger.its very disturbing!!! 😡 😡
Manzz thumbnail

Well all I can say that show of character Vidya has just begun, I am sure she / script writers has something up her / thier sleeve. And do not forget that It is not yet revealed what is in the file yet. Oreiginal papers or some other documents ?

So it is not time to jump the gun.

Bugger

regarding the show and vidya's decision ....well i think she got insensitive and didnt use her mind!! if at all she cud hav told everything to gunny and major sharma ....they cud hav worked it out and mite hav caught hold of tht person ......
it simply meant ..she trusted more on th tterrorist who killed vansh rather than gunny!

second point is tht ....the person who vidya wanted to save was himself an army officer ....who is ready to die 1000 times before giving defence secrets to terrorists!! if army officers strt getting so weak ....then any outsider can cum ,blackmail or watever and do wat they want!! there is sumthng known as planning and game ...thts wat vidya shud hav done...
she is an army officer and she shud hav kept tht in mind!

Originally posted by: shruti.nil

well nice debate out here!!!!but i do agree with master blaster that the chrecter of viya is shown to be reckless......admited that shes in a sensitive state of mind and is being emotionaly blackmailed..........but that definately doesnt mean that she sells her country!!!!this is the second time its happening where naina shoots captian rajveer on the mission to save the target in season one coz shes stresses on the part that rajveer killed her brother and not bothering that the countries securities is in danger.its very disturbing!!! 😡 😡

-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
well maybe..........guess we have to just wait n watch!!!