Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

Imran Khan FC! - Update PG - 32 !! (Page 86)

Siddhi_ IF-Sizzlerz
Siddhi_
Siddhi_

Posted: 29 March 2009 at 8:57am | IP Logged

Siddhi_ IF-Sizzlerz
Siddhi_
Siddhi_

Siddhi_ IF-Sizzlerz
Siddhi_
Siddhi_

Posted: 03 April 2009 at 9:29am | IP Logged
Who's the next? Top Dog?
The Khans are being edged out by the next generation of HYDs (Hot Young Dudes). Masala! looks at the dudes in the running...
by Binu Sivan

Shah Rukh, Salman and Aamir seem to be hopelessly headed for the dark side of the hill. Injuries, in-fighting (like middle-aged kids) and more flops than hits have dented the Khans' hold on Bollywood. But the fans don't seem to be noticing, as three hot studs have stepped in smoothly to fill the Khan's stylish shoes – the suave Ranbir Kapoor, the chocolate-y Imran Khan and the edgy Neil Nitin Mukesh.

Who's got what?

The moves

Remember Ranbir's Bachna Ae Haseeno moves?! He had Bips, Deepika and Minissha falling all over his cool dance steps. But Neil is not far behind. How can one forget his completely uninhibited gyrations to Move You Body Baby in Johnny Gaddar! And don't even get us started on Aa Dekhen Zara. Poor Imran with Pappu Can't Dance Sala comes in a lowly third.

The looks

Brooding eyes (Neil) versus puppy dog eyes (Imran) versus dreamy eyes (Ranbir) – who wins? All of them, of course! But in terms of sheer versatility (hmmm... we are thinking college-boy cute in Jaane Tu... and smouldering in Kidnap), Imran Khan wins hands down.

The talent

This is a tough call. Imran, like his uncle, has the potential to grow into a powerhouse performer and Neil has started out smartly by exploring some dark characters, although he should avoid being typecast like Shiney Ahuja. But in terms of natural talent and the ability to express with ease, it's Ranbir all the way.

The girlfriend

Imran's girlfriend of many years, Avantika, is slowly turning into a fashion plate and Ranbir's dating Deepika Padukone who is, well, perfect. But Neil is deliciously single... so, as far as we are concerned, he wins in this all-important category.

The rumours

Imran has a squeaky clean image, Neil has had a few rumours swirl around him, but Ranbir Kapoor… now he is a tabloid magnet if ever there was one. We likeeee!

The hot factor

They are all young, handsome and gorgeous. But only one of them has swaggered on screen in a towel. And then again charisma is something you are born with and Raj Kapoor's grandson has oodles of it.

The movies

Imran Khan
Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na – Super hit
Kidnap – Flop
Delhi Belly – Under production

Neil Nitin Mukesh
Johnny Gaddar – Hit
Aa Dekhen Zara – Releasing on March 26
Tera Kya Hoga Johnny – To release soon
New York – To release soon
Jail – Under production

Ranbir Kapoor
Saawariya – Flop
Bachna Ae Haseeno – Super hit
Ajab Prem Ki Gazab Kahani – Under production

- Masala - UAE
Siddhi_ IF-Sizzlerz
Siddhi_
Siddhi_

Posted: 03 April 2009 at 9:30am | IP Logged
Karan Johar to also make Public-Interest films
By Subhash K. Jha

Karan Johar The entire music video from Karan Johar's Dharma Productions featuring young A-listers from Hollywood asking the young in India to vote was put together in two days flat.

"And that included Salim's (of Salim-Suleiman) background music," said Karan proudly.

On Thursday, stars beginning with Abhishek Bachchan and Karan Johar himself, trooped into the studio to have their say on camera.

Karan was delighted. "I had to do nothing except pick up the phone and ask everyone to come and record their message for the young. I was surprised by how readily and quickly they took time off from their busy schedules for this public-interest broadcast."

And now Karan Johar has discovered a new passion. He wants to now produce informative profit-free short films for television that would subscribe ways to achieve an improvement in the quality of our life.

Karan Johar's entire music video urging the youngsters of the country to vote was put together in two days and considering it stars every 32-minus A-lister from Kareena Kapoor to Abhishek Bachchan, that's no mean achievement.

"The credit for the music video must go to Imran Khan," says Karan Johar who has been shooting non-stop with Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol for My Name Is Khan. "I had gone to meet Imran for a film when he brought up the idea of a video on voting. His enthusiasm rubbed off on me. I got together with Mukul Deora, called up my writer-friend Niranjan Iyenger to write the script and asked my Dostana director and friend Tarun Mansukhani to direct it. And we were ready."

Karan will now be looking at other public-interest films where he can use his connections in Bollywood for purposes other than entertainment.

"The vote-youth video made me realize the importance of reaching out to the public. Considering we're going through a global economic recession and other major problems it is very important for the young to be mobilized into casting their votes to elect correct leaders. Similarly there're other areas where I think my contacts could come in handy."

- BollywoodHungama
Siddhi_ IF-Sizzlerz
Siddhi_
Siddhi_

Posted: 03 April 2009 at 9:33am | IP Logged
Imran's weekly column for Hindustan Times, March 30th - First step as a writer
Talk to me, Delhi

By the time you read this, I will have made my stage debut. I hope it went off well. I have already made my screen debut, and this, which you are reading now, is my print debut.

I'm pretty excited about it, because I love to write. That's why I jumped at this opportunity the moment HT City called me. I like the idea of being able to connect with people one to one (yes, you can write to me and ask me stuff I'll reply), and generally having a space to talk about whatever's going on in my head that week. There's always a lot.

Since this is my first column, let me lay out the rules. 1) Don't take anything I say too seriously Everything I write has an undertone of humour and I'm very particular about not hurting or offending anyone. So if you are hurt or offended, you probably missed a joke. 2) I'm not easily hurt or offended, so feel free to speak your mind when you write to me. I appreciate honesty 3) I will respond to as many people as I can, but sometimes I may not be able to talk about certain things, such as films that are in development, or that didn't happen, or things too personal or private, or anything that might embarrass someone. Please be understanding.

Now that we're done with the introduction and rules, let's get down to business: what's in my head. I find myself in a strange position for an actor; I have nothing to do. I finished shooting for my film Luck last week, and I haven't signed a new film yet, so I have nothing to do. I've spent the past two years working nonstop, complaining about not having any free time, and suddenly it's all over I'm free. I don't have to shoot, don't have to wake up at 4 am anymore... and I hate it.

Turns out, free time doesn't agree with me.

I need to be occupied, to be doing stuff. (Side note: if this column turns out to be too long, you know the reason why.) So, I have now dedicated myself to finding a film. Been doing a lot of action lately and I'm pretty tired of it. It's very physically demanding. You spend the entire day either running, jumping, falling, climbing, hanging, fighting or, in some unfortunate cases, being set on fire. Yes, really What it boils down to is this: a few weeks ago, as I lay in a hotel room in Suphan Buri, Thailand, my body aching so much that I couldn't move, my feet hurting so much that I couldn't stand up, and my eyelashes sticking together because they'd caught fire earlier in the day (see, I told you), I made a decision - enough of this, I gotta find a nice, light film to do. One that has me looking good, not covered in mud or blood.

One where I'm wooing beautiful girls (perhaps playing a rich NRI living in New York) while wearing designer clothes.

Oh, shut up, if you stop watching movies like that, we'll stop making them.

I'll end this here with my final thoughts: I'm happy to be here, looking forward to hearing from you guys. Seriously I'll reply to you.

That's that. Now, do they give out 'best debut' awards for this as well? imran.khan@hindustantimes.com
- Hindustan Times
Siddhi_ IF-Sizzlerz
Siddhi_
Siddhi_

Posted: 03 April 2009 at 9:35am | IP Logged
I'm a big SRK fan: Imran Khan
He finds inspiration in his uncle Aamir Khan, but Imran Khan says he is a big Shah Rukh Khan fan.

"I am a big Shah Rukh Khan fan. In fact, 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' is one of my favourite films. It's one of the very quintessential Bollywood films - I just love it," said Imran.

After having worked in romantic comedy "Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na" and thriller "Kidnap", Imran is now working in action thriller "Luck" and comic caper "Delhi Belly".
Siddhi_ IF-Sizzlerz
Siddhi_
Siddhi_

Posted: 03 April 2009 at 9:50am | IP Logged
Heyy guys.. I emailed Imran.. I asked him a few questions!! Hope he replies soon.. =)
Siddhi_ IF-Sizzlerz
Siddhi_
Siddhi_

Posted: 03 April 2009 at 10:20am | IP Logged
And also.. Luck is releasing on June 12th.. I cant wait!!!!

Go to top