Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

Imran Khan FC! - Update PG - 32 !! (Page 84)

Siddhi_ IF-Sizzlerz
Siddhi_
Siddhi_

Posted: 23 March 2009 at 12:23pm | IP Logged
A woman in my next birth: Imran

By ZEENIA F BARIA

Bollywood hottie Imran Khan joins all-women cast of Vagina Monologues for special charity show

Mahabanoo Mody-Kotwal, Dolly Thakore, Avantika Akerkar, Jayati Bhatia and Sonali Sachdev, better known as The Vagina Monologues women, now have hot male company in the highly-acclaimed play. Yes, Bollywood actor Imran Khan makes his theatre debut with this sensitive play in a special charity show on Wednesday to raise funds for an acid attack victim.

The play, of course, is familiar with Indian theatre audiences and has received astonishing success for it's vociferous content on the diverse trysts that a woman goes through in her life. Now Imran joins its all-women cast and will breathe new life into it besides bringing in the male perspective.

"The script is something I could relate to," said the young actor who is not nervous about facing a live audience. "I truly believe that if men and women find that balance, we can break several barriers and live together peacefully and in harmony. And women are truly going places. Ninety per cent of the interviews I've given have been to female journalists."

Theatre veteran Dolly Thakore said, "Women are replacing men in all spheres. Women have always given men a chance, men never returned the favour! We've proved that we're as capable as men if not more." Sonali Sachdev agreed, "A slow but steady movement has started. I think VM is a huge step in that direction. Today none of my bais want their daughters to do the same thing they're doing."

Avantika Akerkar, who's been with the Vagina Monologues since its introduction in India, added, "Women's lives are very different from men. Although I now have several friends who are happy to be house husbands!" Imran, slipping into character for the play, said supportively, "I think women have the most complex relationships with themselves. Most are under this constant inner turmoil about what to do, how to behave. Change is happening, but it's a slow process. Fortunately my generation
is more open minded than the previous one."

He is unaware how Bollywood will accept his going on stage and that too in this play. But his friends are excited, they think it's cool, said Imran. "They are all coming to root for me. Not a single person was taken aback at my decision. I think that says a lot about people's mindsets. It's an ongoing experience of learning for me. And I think it would be interesting to be a woman in my next birth — I'll get to wear better clothes. It's the heels I'd avoid!"

- Times of India

Siddhi_ IF-Sizzlerz
Siddhi_
Siddhi_

Posted: 29 March 2009 at 8:22am | IP Logged
Imran Khan Sig! Free to use! Do comment/criticise!

Siddhi_ IF-Sizzlerz
Siddhi_
Siddhi_

Posted: 29 March 2009 at 8:42am | IP Logged
Gimme fresh, gimme young!

By Tushar Joshi

Kunal Kohli in talks for a film with Imran and Sonam, a jodi that fulfils both requirements.

Kunal Kohli is producing a film to be directed by his assistant Danish Aslam. Sources reveal that Kohli is in talks with Imran Khan and Sonam Kapoor for the lead roles in this young love story. The film will be made under Kunal Kohli Productions and is part of the three-film tie up with BIG Pictures.

Initial stages

Kunal says, "It's too early to confirm who's doing the film. But yes I am making a film with Danish. He's assisted me in Fanaa and I am impressed by his work. The subject requires a young pairing and at the moment we are in talks with many actors as the process of finalising is still on."

A source reveals that Kohli is keen on getting Imran and Sonam on board. "They are a fresh pairing, something the script requires. The protagonists of the film need to have an appeal to the youth since it's a love story. Imran and Sonam would be the perfect choice for the film. However, Kunal wants to keep all his options open and is also in talks with other actors as well."

- Midday
Siddhi_ IF-Sizzlerz
Siddhi_
Siddhi_

Posted: 29 March 2009 at 8:43am | IP Logged
'Men have a better relationship with their genitals'

...says Imran Khan, who is all set to fork his tongue and mesmerise the audience in the 200th show of celebrated play, The Vagina Monologues. Manish Gaekwad caught up with the reticent actor before his stage debut

Tight lipped about his role in The Vagina Monologues, Imran Khan comes across as a bit of a cipher when I try to coax out what exactly he is going to read for his one time appearance on The Vagina Monologues show scheduled to be held at the National Centre for Performing Arts tomorrow. "Are you reprising Mallika Sherawat's skit, My Short Skirt for your stage debut in the VM series?" He nods, "Initially, that was the part, but Mahabanoo (Mody Kotwal) came up with some new stuff and I'm reading two short pieces."

"I have seen VM prior to my association with it. My friends have been part of the acting troupe. So, when the opportunity arrived, it was a privilege to lend my voice to something I strongly believe in, and stretch myself as an actor," he said, lounging on a couch at his Pali Hill bungalow.

The Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Naa actor is quite serious about this special performance that's been organised to raise awareness, funds and stop violence against women and girls. Actor-director Farhan Akhtar and sister Zoya also feature in this special 200th show.

In contrast to how women find the act of speaking about their vagina liberating, I ask if he thinks that stands true for men too, especially since they are so vocal about their private parts in public. "I think men have a better relationship with their genitals. Women have been oppressed for far too long, unable to speak up about various forms of injustice, whether rape, mutilation or slavery. Through The Vagina Monologues, they get a platform to use the vagina as a prism to reflect society's ills."

That coming from wide-eyed Imran, after the initial hiccup of a long silence, when my first question to him was, "What is the first image that crops up in your mind when I say Vagina?", and he said nothing. It came slow, but it came processed. "Vagina!" And we thought only Archimedes had cracked it when he stumbled on his "Eureka!"

What is The Vagina Monologues?

Eve Ensler's multi-award winning play, The Vagina Monologues includes a bunch of monologues read by women, and deals with the emancipation of women. Every monologue is connected through the vagina, and speaks of sex, love, rape, menstruation, mutilation, masturbation, birth, orgasm, or simply as a physical aspect of the body. A recurring motif throughout the piece is the vagina as a tool of female empowerment, and the ultimate embodiment of individuality.

- Midday
Siddhi_ IF-Sizzlerz
Siddhi_
Siddhi_

Posted: 29 March 2009 at 8:44am | IP Logged
Two to tango

Okay, so we know that Abhay Deol struck a chord with Dibakar Banerjee during the making of Oye Lucky Lucky Oye.. and the two are planning to team up again. But I've just been updated with some real todu khabar on this front.

According to a highly placed khabru, the next one isn't going to be a solo-hero project. Unlike their first outing, movie number two has equal footage for another kirdar. And I'm told Imran Khan is being considered.

My informer says that Banerjee has connected with Khan, who's shooting for Luck in Film City these days. And Khan is believed to have liked the brief. He is expected to meet up with the director later this week for a more detailed hearing.

So if all goes well, it won't be long before Deol and Khan team up.Chalo, badhiya hai. After all, such is life dearies.

- Hindustan Times
Siddhi_ IF-Sizzlerz
Siddhi_
Siddhi_

Posted: 29 March 2009 at 8:45am | IP Logged
It's only romantic comedy for Imran

The newbie Imran Khan, is waiting for the elusive rom-com, and refusing films by the dozen in the meanwhile.

Contrary to reports, Imran Khan has refused to star in Kunal Kohli's assistant Danish Aslam's film. Incidentally, this is not the only film that Imran has turned down in recent times. Taking a leaf out of mamu jaan Aamir's book by being extremely selective, Imran?

Imran has already refused many films which also included Delhi-6 and Sanjay Gadhvi's new film. At the moment, Imran is only keen on starring in romantic comedies and that too where he plays a significant enough role.

Our source says, "After the not-so-encouraging response to Kidnap, Imran's next release is Soham Shah's Luck, which too is a thriller. Now Imran is not keen on doing thrillers which includes Sanjay Gadhvi's next film. For now, Imran only wants to do romantic comedies."

Although Danish Aslam's film is a romcom, Imran is not very keen to do the film since he feels that the role of the leading lady, who is yet to be finalised, is stronger than his.

"Even though Imran has offers from all major banners he wants to be careful before signing his next film. He is also going through the script of Manish Malhotra's nephew Puneet's film to be produced by Karan Johar. Imran is giving that film a thought since it is a romantic comedy. But, he is yet to take a final decision because he is currently busy with the play Vagina Monologues."

Imran confirmed the news and said, "I am actively looking at doing a romantic comedy next. I have done two back-toback thrillers and am really tired of stunts and action. It takes a tremendous toll on your body."

- MumbaiMirror
Siddhi_ IF-Sizzlerz
Siddhi_
Siddhi_

Siddhi_ IF-Sizzlerz
Siddhi_
Siddhi_

Posted: 29 March 2009 at 8:48am | IP Logged

Go to top