Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

Imran Khan FC! - Update PG - 32 !! (Page 76)

Siddhi_ IF-Sizzlerz
Siddhi_
Siddhi_

Posted: 20 February 2009 at 8:19am | IP Logged

Imran Khan asks Shruti Hassan to sing in Luck Click here to add this article to My Clips

By Subhash K. Jha, October 20, 2008 - 11:08 IST

Imran Khan and his Luck co-star Shruti Hassan go back a long way. Shruti, her younger sister Akshara and their mom Sarika were regular house guests in the Khan household at the time when Sarika was based in Chennai and was a frequent visitor to Mumbai.

"That's right," concedes Imran. "We almost grew up together. Initially, Soham wanted to sign a new girl opposite me in Luck. I recommended Shruti. And I'm glad I did. Shruti has turned out to be wonderful in Luck. In terms of her look, talent and body language, Shruti is not your conventional heroine at all. She's very unconventional."

Shruti's real-life status as a rock singer is now being incorporated into Luck. Says Imran, "I've discussed the idea of Shruti singing in Luck with my director Soham Shah, and he's kicked about it. So Shruti will be singing in Luck. In fact Soham and music director Pritam are having music sessions right now. A song is being designed for Shruti."

What about Imran singing for himself? Not too many people know that Imran sings quite well and entertains family, friends and girlfriend with his singing. At first Imran brushes off the idea. "You've seen Jaane Tu...Ya Jaane Na. You've seen how badly I sing in the climax? But I do have a steady voice. I sing the lower notes well. So with a little bit of training I may be able to sing for one of my films."

For now Imran is happy doing all the rugged outdoor sports with Shruti Hassan in Soham Shah's Luck. "I think it's a helluva concept. No one has done any film like Luck before." In fact, Imran would love to be part of the sports film that Soham will now be directing for Sanjay Dutt Productions. "I love outdoor sports, Sanju Baba and I love working with Soham. So there's no reason why I wouldn't want to be part of Soham's next."

Imran says he finds it easy to get along with all the directors and co-stars he has so far worked with. "I do have an immediate and easy connectivity with people. I guess that quality works for me on screen. My aim is to play characters that people can easily connect with. That's true of Jaane Tu...Ya Jaane Na, Kidnap, Luck and Delhi Belly. These are the only films I've signed so far."

Siddhi_ IF-Sizzlerz
Siddhi_
Siddhi_

Posted: 20 February 2009 at 8:22am | IP Logged

Imran's new look for 'Delhi Belly' Click here to add this article to My Clips

By Taran Adarsh, November 18, 2008 - 08:19 IST

Have you seen Imran Khan lately? Long, dishevelled hair, a stubble, he's even lost weight. All for a role. The film in question? Uncle Aamir Khan's DELHI BELLY. "I am on a strict diet, having one meal a day. That's the demand of the character. He has to look lean. Aamir Uncle has asked me to follow a regime, you know how particular he is about everything," Imran tells me.

Talking of DELHI BELLY, Imran feels the film holds tremendous appeal for the international audiences. "It should prove to be that breakthrough film in the international markets. Aamir knows better, he must've done a lot of homework before plunging headlong into this film," he adds. I endorse this viewpoint!

The moment Imran completes DELHI BELLY, he has to regain the lost weight and muscles for LUCK, which is heading towards completion.

Besides DELHI BELLY and LUCK [signed before JAANE TU... YA JAANE NA], Imran hasn't signed any new film yet. "There've been offers, but nothing that would excite me. I've decided to take a break of at least a few months before I sign my next venture. I've been shooting non-stop, I need to unwind before I accept new assignments," Imran states.

SuhanaSafar IF-Rockerz
SuhanaSafar
SuhanaSafar

Posted: 21 February 2009 at 10:58am | IP Logged
free for use

Siddhi_ IF-Sizzlerz
Siddhi_
Siddhi_

Posted: 22 February 2009 at 4:26am | IP Logged
Awesome sigs Suhana!! Immu looks damn hot!!
Siddhi_ IF-Sizzlerz
Siddhi_
Siddhi_

Posted: 24 February 2009 at 1:12pm | IP Logged
Hello Immu fans!! Anything new?
Siddhi_ IF-Sizzlerz
Siddhi_
Siddhi_

Posted: 25 February 2009 at 1:13pm | IP Logged
Two Immu sigs by me! Free to use and do comment!!

Siddhi_ IF-Sizzlerz
Siddhi_
Siddhi_

Posted: 01 March 2009 at 11:08am | IP Logged

Growing popularity of Generation X in Bollywood Click here to add this article to My Clips

By Business Standard, February 25, 2009 - 12:18 IST

Freida Pinto After just a film or two, young film stars are charging the earth for endorsing brands.

Slumdog Millionaire's Freida Pinto, who is believed to have bagged a role in Woody Allen's next, may see her brand endorsement fee rise nearly four-fold to nearly Rs 1.5 crore from a mere Rs 40 lakh that she charged earlier. Genelia D'Souza and Imraan Khan, who starred in the hit Jaane Tu Ya Jane Na, and Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone, the cornerstones of Pepsi's Youngistaan campaign, are already demanding between Rs 1 crore and Rs 4 crore.

The growing popularity of Generation X is easy to explain, given that Bollywood's established stars Shah Rukh, Hrithik Roshan, Aamir Khan and Rani Mukherjee are appearing in fewer films.

"The older stars have very few projects for the next few months. The younger stars have three or four projects slated for release over the next 12 months and will be in the limelight. The endorsement rate is directly proportionate to the number of new projects you have in hand," said Anirban Das Blah, chief executive of Globosports, the Bangalore-based celebrity management company.

SHOOTING STARS:

Young stars Old fees Asking/current fees per endorsement
Genelia D'Souza Rs 35-40 lakh Rs 1-1.3 crore
Asin Rs 55-60 lakh Rs 1.2-1.3 crore
Freida Pinto Rs 10-20 lakh Rs 1.2-1.5 crore*
Deepika Padukone Rs 40-50 lakh Rs 1.5-2 crore
Ranbir Kapoor Rs 1 crore-plus Rs 3.5-4 crore
Imran Khan - Rs 3-3.5 crore
Source: Industry estimates, * Frieda Pinto's asking fees likely to go up soon

Part of the reason for this rapid rise in asking price is that some new stars may be new in Mumbai but already have a large fan following in their regions. D'Souza and Asin, for instance, are already big names in south India, but the success of just one Hindi movie has virtually doubled their fees.

Industry sources say stars like Kapoor, D'Souza and Padukone are currently in talks with at least five leading brands in categories like automobiles, beauty products and apparel.

Companies say they are banking on new faces because it fits the profile of the brands they are endorsing. D'Souza, for instance, endorses Coca-Cola's new Fanta Apple.

"Genelia's personality matches the Fanta brand persona,which is young, energetic and fresh, and she appeals to the youth," said a company spokesperson.

Dabur Vatika has tied up with D'Souza, mainly to try and revamp the product and make it more attractive to the youth.

Tata Sky, for the same reason, roped in Asin during the release of the hit, Ghajini. "Tata Sky and Asin have a lot in common. Both are young, energetic, achievers, and both enjoy a high degree of credibility with consumers," said Vikram Mehra, the company's chief marketing officer. "As our new face, she will be influential in reinforcing the attributes of the Tata Sky brand and reiterate our positioning." There are, however, risks in betting on the new faces. "The huge endorsement fees paid to the younger lot, especially the actress, are in anticipation of better on-screen work in the near future. Mind you, if their next project flops, they will be out of the race for big bucks," said ad-filmmaker Prahlad Kakkar. In contrast, he said, Shah Rukh or Hrithik were much more stable and time-tested.

Shailendra Singh, joint managing director of Percept Limited, seconds this. "Asin has yet to prove her youth connect despite the success of Ghajini. So her unrealistic price could disappear if her next film flops. However, India has a large youth population, so youth's connect with brands is a given, especially as the established actors today are over 40 and the new ones have to come to the fore," he said.

Saif-Preity-Fan Senior Member
Saif-Preity-Fan
Saif-Preity-Fan

Posted: 01 March 2009 at 2:21pm | IP Logged
Here are some Creations by me :D

Imran Khan Signature
Imran Khan Wallpaper

Imran Khan Signature
Imran Khan Wallpaper

Feel free to use, and I want to be a Member of ths FC :D

Go to top