Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Born-star thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
HEllo guys just wantED to share something i was reading amir khan's blog i found imran khan post there too he is so sweet just read n enjoy.

[QUOTE]Imran-

We're sitting in a hotel room in Nagpur after a pretty hectic day, and the mamu has handed his precious laptop over to me so I can respond to the wonderful messages you have all sent in. Here goes.

First off, THANK YOU all so much for the completely overwhelming opening weekend. I swear, I had never expected our film to open this big. We were always happy with the film, we were pretty confident that people would like our film, but to have the film open to near 100 percent collections was… insanity.

I feel like everything might be a dream, and that things can't really be going as well as it seems. I feel like I might suddenly snap out of it and find that the last few days were highly exaggerated. That the hype we've seen was only for Aamir, and not for Genelia, Jaane Tu… and me. Everyone is asking me what it feels like to be a star, and I never know how to reply… how does a star feel? I don't feel any different, am I really a star? I don't see myself as one, perhaps it will come with time.

Here ends the rambling, and I shall (finally) get down to business. There are so many people to thank, and not nearly enough time to do it all properly; thank you Abbas for writing a beautiful story. You always refer to yourself as a storyteller, and that's what my Nana was to me. A storyteller first and foremost. That's what I like and respect the most about you. I hope that fire burns inside you right till the end, as it did with him. To never stop telling stories. Thank you Mansoor mamu for never hesitating for a second before coming to help us make this film. I know what it took of you. Thank you my friends and co actors, who made every day on set a joy. Thank you Lobo, Stevie and all the technicians who worked behind the scenes to make us look so good. And last of all, because it will take the most space, thank you Aamir mamu.

Throughout the time we were making the film, and promoting it, I've ragged AK quite a bit, we've cracked a lot of jokes about one another, but I never really said the most important thing. Thank you. Some might think it odd that I'm choosing his blog as the platform to thank him, but really, what better place? What better than standing up in front of all of his fans, his well wishers, the people who love him the most, and telling them all he's done for me?

The question I'm asked most frequently (besides "will you sing a few lines?") would have to be "what tips did Aamir give you?". I always tell them he didn't give me any, which is technically true. He never sat me down and said "Come nephew, I shall give you wisdom". He has, however, taught me a lot. A lot more, I think, than even he realizes. He has taught me integrity, honesty, courage and grace. Without ever saying a word. He has taught me to stand on my own, and to pick myself up when I fall. He's encouraged me to think for myself, and never be afraid to do what is right. So this one's for you, mamu. It all started with you thanking your uncle for the faith he had in you. Here's me thanking you for being an inspiration to me, and to more people than you'll ever realize or admit. With love and respect.

P.S. I bet you feel pretty guilty now about all those years of ragging.[/QUOTE
Edited by cool_pak - 15 years ago
sashter thumbnail
Dear Imran Fans

Please vote for Imran for the MOST PROMISING NEWCOMER. This is a poll by CNN IBN. Check the results on BUZZ 18.

Currently some non entity is leading the polls. Please excercise your vote and ensure justice is done

Send the following text message

HERO A to 52622

The next few days are crucial. VOTE NOW
Rah_HuJu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
wasup guys??any news on Kidnap? πŸ˜•
::Prem$_Priya:: thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Awww I wish I could...but my wishes and good lucks are with him!!!!!!!! πŸ˜ƒ 😳 πŸ‘
Gosh..totally waiting for his other movies..does anyone know his main lead actresses?? 😳
mz.jess thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
his next movie is kidnap! 😊 i heard minisha is staring w. him πŸ˜ƒ
Oh....don't really like her soo much..but for Imu..anything!!!!!!!!! πŸ˜† πŸ˜ƒ...but Imelia...is the eternal jodi ever!! πŸ˜ƒ
hey!!!!!!! πŸ˜† I'm like everywhere!! πŸ˜†
u here too?? πŸ˜† so what's up guys?? πŸ˜† πŸ˜ƒ
mariaa.xo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
nm prii....i want jaane tu on dvd sooo badd