Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

Ram Kapoor prepares for Mahabharata

rosewood104 IF-Dazzler
rosewood104
rosewood104

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 3:46pm | IP Logged
Ram Kapoor prepares for Mahabharata

Ekta Kapoor's Mahabharata is one of the most awaited serials on television. And as expected the epic will star all her favorite actors. Ekta's blue eyed boy on television Ram Kapoor will play an important character in Mahabharata - Dhritrashtra who was a blind king of Hastinapur. A source tells us that Ram has been preparing himself for the role of a blind king.
"He is pretty nervous for this role as he still remembers the B.R. Films Mahabharata and also the character of Dhritrashtra was quite popular. He has not yet started shooting for it but yes he is preparing very hard for this role. He has brought the DVDs of Mahabharata and is watching it very closely. He is practicing how to walk as a blind man… how they speak."

"Even on the sets of Kasamh Se he practices in his make room daily. He is also learning Sanskrit as the language won't be a normal Hindi. He is also reading books related to Mahabharata and getting more into his role," adds the source.

We spoke to Ram Kapoor also about his role. "Yes … I'm pretty nervous as this role is not a normal serial role. I'm working hard on it and I have brought the all the DVD collection of Mahabharata and just watching so lets see as I have to break the image of Jai Walia from my fans."

Who is Dhritarashtra?
In the Mahabharata, Dhritarashtra was the son born to Vichitravirya's first wife Ambika. He was fathered by Vyasa. This blind king of Hastinapura was father to a hundred children by his wife Gandhari. These children came to be known as the Kauravas. Duryodhana and Dushasana were the first two sons.

His Last years
Yudhisthira was crowned king of both Indraprastha and Hastinapura. The war had killed many great warriors and millions of soldiers were killed on each side. Yudhisthira once again showed his kindness when he decided that the king of the city of Hastinapura should be Dhristarashtra. He offered the blind king complete respect and deference as an elder, despite his misdeeds and the evil of his dead sons. After many years as the ruler of Hastinapura, Dhristarashtra along with Ghandhari, Kunti and Vidura left for their final journey into the forest. They died in a forest fire in the Himalayas.

cheers
resh

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top