India-Forums

Kuchh Is Tara
Kuchh Is Tara

Brahmins??

Perfangel5655 IF-Sizzlerz
Perfangel5655
Perfangel5655

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 12:23pm | IP Logged

I didn't watch today's episode yet, (so could be wrong) but did they make a big deal that he brought chicken to a brahmins house? Aren't they marathi + punjabi?? I have seen pammy take waheguru's name before. I never met a Punjabi brahmin before. This is so new to me!!

Mitun Senior Member
Mitun
Mitun

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 12:29pm | IP Logged
agree
born-free Senior Member
born-free
born-free

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 12:29pm | IP Logged
pammi is a punjabi. but godboles are maharashtrian brahmins and they are pure veggies!!!
simran1285 IF-Dazzler
simran1285
simran1285

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Perfangel5655

I didn't watch today's episode yet, (so could be wrong) but did they make a big deal that he brought chicken to a brahmins house? Aren't they marathi + punjabi?? I have seen pammy take waheguru's name before. I never met a Punjabi brahmin before. This is so new to me!!

what the hell is this new dramaConfused I haven't watched the episode either...but I am punjabi and their is no such thing as punjabi brahminsLOL my mom's side back home is vegetarian but they cook chicken for me all the timeTongue

this show is getting more and more confusing Confused and leave to Ekta to come up with such thingsAngry

simran1285 IF-Dazzler
simran1285
simran1285

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 12:33pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by born-free

pammi is a punjabi. but godboles are maharashtrian brahmins and they are pure veggies!!!

How do you know??? I never heard them announce that before?Confused hmmm do you have secret information on the Godbole's or somethingLOLWink

and another thing if they are so strict brahmins then how can they allow Kanya to marry a PunjabiConfused especially one who eats meat and drinks alcohol... where was all this that time? they had even happily agreed with Kannu's marriage to Ayaan and even he was punjabi... oh come on this is all just ridiculous

Edited by simran1285 - 05 May 2008 at 12:35pm
Perfangel5655 IF-Sizzlerz
Perfangel5655
Perfangel5655

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
My best friend is a vegeterian. By choice. Another one is a PURE vegan. But religion wise I haven't seen anyone freak out that badly.(I mean sure in older times times but not now. Only very religious houses do that) Especially since the godboles don't even seem that religious. But then again I was just wondering, because I knew Pammi was punjabi.
jncblr Senior Member
jncblr
jncblr

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 12:58pm | IP Logged

The last name Godbole is a Maharastrian Brahmin last name. So the assumption that they are Brahmins :) Just like the Kapoors being Punjabi is a given!

Originally posted by simran1285

Originally posted by born-free

How do you know??? I never heard them announce that before?Confused hmmm do you have secret information on the Godbole's or somethingLOLWink

and another thing if they are so strict brahmins then how can they allow Kanya to marry a PunjabiConfused especially one who eats meat and drinks alcohol... where was all this that time? they had even happily agreed with Kannu's marriage to Ayaan and even he was punjabi... oh come on this is all just ridiculous

simran1285 IF-Dazzler
simran1285
simran1285

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
[QUOTE=jncblr]

The last name Godbole is a Maharastrian Brahmin last name. So the assumption that they are Brahmins :) Just like the Kapoors being Punjabi is a given!

[QUOTE=simran1285]

Acutally I meant how do you know that they actually are strict brahmins, I have marathi friends who are not vegetarian, hence I was asking as the Godbole's have never even hinted before that they are vegetarian

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index