Maayka - Saath Zindagi Bhar Ka

Bravo Jeet ! (Page 2)

akash99 IF-Sizzlerz
akash99
akash99

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 7:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bhavana02

Originally posted by koolsadhu1000

It took a lot of guts to admit to his fault in front of so many family members , but Jeet did it . To admit that I was a jerk and that I loved my  brothers wife but she is innocent , she did not respond .....to tell Durga that she will stay here , was really being a man . All what Jeet did in todays episode was really being a man .

Absolutely well put...I agree completely Smile - Jeet is growing up.

I AGREE WITH YOU but now veer not ready to accept her than Jeet should say that he is ready to accept her

koolsadhu1000 IF-Sizzlerz
koolsadhu1000
koolsadhu1000

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 7:58am | IP Logged
bhavana02...yes , Veer is still strongly attracted to her and definetely feels for her ....i admit to that . But he didnt stop her from being thrown out of the house by Durga did he ? He had walked away . What I feel [ and this is my feeling ok] is that today , after seeing the way she had fainted on the roads , was lying on the sofa , was pregnant , he said ' let her remain here '....coz essentially , he is a very good , decent human being . More than love , it is humanity ....thats what i feel .
About Soni not lacking strength just coz she is meek . My point is , precisely ! Show us that strength ! Even we believe that just coz a woman is meek , it doesnt mean she lacks strength ! She is meek coz she chooses to be that way , when circumstances demand it , she doesnt lack it ! See Mahi....how much she suffred , but there was a certain point for her when she said enough . But in Sonis case , whattever the circumstance , she refuses to change or display the strength that she has ! What use is there of strength if it is kept dormant even in critical situations ? So much has happened , she was kicked in the most humiliating way out of the house , she kept quiet , now , all r standing in the living room and bluntly debating if the child is vEErs or jeets , still she refuses to use that strength and stop her own humiliation ....and slink away with head hung down ? Exactly when is that strength used ? So u see , Im not anti Soni ....all im saying is one cannot glorify her behaviour saying she doesnt lack strength , she essentially has it , she is just not using it ....coz the question is watz the point of that strength then ?

And please dont be too tired to reply to my posts i do so love ur replies so plzzz plzzz plzzz ! Smile

anyalolita Goldie
anyalolita
anyalolita

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 4:07pm | IP Logged

bhavana02...yes , Veer is still strongly attracted to her and definetely feels for her ....i admit to that . But he didnt stop her from being thrown out of the house by Durga did he ? He had walked away . What I feel [ and this is my feeling ok] is that today , after seeing the way she had fainted on the roads , was lying on the sofa , was pregnant , he said ' let her remain here '....coz essentially , he is a very good , decent human being . More than love , it is humanity ....thats what i feel .
About Soni not lacking strength just coz she is meek . My point is , precisely ! Show us that strength ! Even we believe that just coz a woman is meek , it doesnt mean she lacks strength ! She is meek coz she chooses to be that way , when circumstances demand it , she doesnt lack it ! See Mahi....how much she suffred , but there was a certain point for her when she said enough . But in Sonis case , whattever the circumstance , she refuses to change or display the strength that she has ! What use is there of strength if it is kept dormant even in critical situations ? So much has happened , she was kicked in the most humiliating way out of the house , she kept quiet , now , all r standing in the living room and bluntly debating if the child is vEErs or jeets , still she refuses to use that strength and stop her own humiliation ....and slink away with head hung down ? Exactly when is that strength used ? So u see , Im not anti Soni ....all im saying is one cannot glorify her behaviour saying she doesnt lack strength , she essentially has it , she is just not using it ....coz the question is watz the point of that strength then ?

And please dont be too tired to reply to my posts i do so love ur replies so plzzz plzzz plzzz ! Smile

Yes, I'm sorry, your posts are very insightful, it's just that there are some people who just hate Soni irrationally, and to them, there's no point saying anything, I'm sure you've seen those kind of posts Smile.

Ok - bearing in mind this is all my interpretation - Veer does love Soni, and he didn't stop Durga from throwing her out. But the state he was in that day, I don't think he'd have objected even if Jeet got thrown out - he practically broke down inside - and all he wanted was some respite from this horrible new truth that he thought shattered the foundations of his marriage and his relationship with his brother, who he'd always been so close to.

Yesterday, when Jeet walked in with an injured Soni, his first instinct was concern - which I had hoped very strongly to see - if he had initially shown more suspicion or doubt, I would have a very different opinion of Veer and his love today Tongue. Buut...Veer really thinks he has lost that right now - you saw him look twice at Jeet's face and back off.

And the way he actually said it - it was a "she will remain here", rather than "let her" - it was very definite, and certainly not meant to tolerate any opposition. If it was basic humanity, I don't think Veer would have said it so strongly or with such feeling. I'm actually beginning to get a lot of guilt from Veer right now, although i wasn't before...I'm starting to feel that he's finding it difficult to face Soni or Jeet, as if he wonders every time what he is doing in between them.

Soni actually missed the discussion about the baby's father - even Soni wouldn't have stayed silent over that, I think - she woke up at a point where Durga and Cherry were arguing over whether she should stay. Soni didn't even expect to find herself here, for one thing - a big argument is going on, over her - and Veer doesnt seem the least bothered - there was nothing for her there, and I saw her slinking away as her decision to walk out - but just not done with big ceremony.

I'm not glorifying her behaviour, or anyone's for that matter - all the people in Maayka are so flawed, as well as good, it's what makes them great to discuss - but I've always felt she had a lot of strength at heart - for one thing, she could have easily returned Durga's treatment with a little malice of her own - but she puts up with it for the sake of the bigger picture - for her husband's family, who are not all bad, and more importantly, for Veer himself. It takes a lot of strength to be able to forgive and forget, it's not easy most of the time, but Soni can do that.

Lastly, I've read this point many times and I hate the comparison between Mahi and Soni in this case, because it is vastly different. Yes, Mahi left home. And she came back to save her marriage. Why? Because she had the fortune to come across Suhani and realise the pregnancy was a lie. If she hadn't, I think Mahi would be in a very different situation today. Soni has no idea that Cherry orchestrated her break up from Veer - although Jeet does. So far, all Soni thinks she's up against is Veer, who has discovered her past and got the wrong idea, and Durga and Cherry, who hate her for their own reasons. She has no idea this is a huge play of deceit and manipulation - Jeet only just realised it 2 days ago.

Whew....long post Tongue - but there's a lot I've always wanted to say Smile.
koolsadhu1000 IF-Sizzlerz
koolsadhu1000
koolsadhu1000

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 4:41pm | IP Logged
Wow ! Thanks for your well thought reply bhavana02....I enjoyed it .
Yes , what u say is true . It does take a lot of strength to stay calm and bear ....i totally agree with this . I have seen it with some one in real life , and I too came to this conclusion with a good deal of thought long ago.
After seeing todays episode in which Veer refuses to be influenced by Cherry , I agree with your analysis on Veer too .
But I really wonder if even when she is faced with the whole plotting that went behind her to make her so misrable ....if Soni will do anything about it . Remember Raji ? She had caught Jyoti red handed stealing her Moms necklace ....and she had not said a word to her but asked the men of the family to forgive her . So I wonder if Soni will react like Mahi did ...in the sense that will she try to uproot injustice .
And at a certain point i do hope as a viewer that patience and tolerating is indeed a virtue but it shudnt be construed as weakness .....for people like Durga get the wrong message . Their tyranny increases . See how she mistook Khurana's decency for weakness and started dominating him , and unchecked , she went this far . So in a sense , tolerating Durga is encouraging her vices .....which is wrong . One has to have this fine balance in judgement as to when to bear , tolerate and when to speak up .
Overall , i agree with u . Well said .
Sallu_King IF-Rockerz
Sallu_King
Sallu_King

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 7:51pm | IP Logged
Yes,Jeet Really Did A Nice Thing After Slapping Cherry.It Was Fun To Watch And Most Of The Members in The Family Were Happy Wink ..Cherry Deserve It And Now Soon She Will Be Kicked Out Of The House Smile ..
anyalolita Goldie
anyalolita
anyalolita

Posted: 07 May 2008 at 3:38pm | IP Logged

Wow ! Thanks for your well thought reply bhavana02....I enjoyed it .
Yes , what u say is true . It does take a lot of strength to stay calm and bear ....i totally agree with this . I have seen it with some one in real life , and I too came to this conclusion with a good deal of thought long ago.
After seeing todays episode in which Veer refuses to be influenced by Cherry , I agree with your analysis on Veer too .
But I really wonder if even when she is faced with the whole plotting that went behind her to make her so misrable ....if Soni will do anything about it . Remember Raji ? She had caught Jyoti red handed stealing her Moms necklace ....and she had not said a word to her but asked the men of the family to forgive her . So I wonder if Soni will react like Mahi did ...in the sense that will she try to uproot injustice .
And at a certain point i do hope as a viewer that patience and tolerating is indeed a virtue but it shudnt be construed as weakness .....for people like Durga get the wrong message . Their tyranny increases . See how she mistook Khurana's decency for weakness and started dominating him , and unchecked , she went this far . So in a sense , tolerating Durga is encouraging her vices .....which is wrong . One has to have this fine balance in judgement as to when to bear , tolerate and when to speak up .
Overall , i agree with u . Well said .

I never saw Maayka back then...so Rajji was also a total softie? LOL It figures, Veer and Soni are so suited for each other.

I agree that tolerating Durga is just encouraging her...hopefully that will change now Mr K is aware of how crazy she is. Well, if confronted with the truth, I just hope Soni has the judgement to do something about it...
da_mom Groupbie
da_mom
da_mom

Posted: 07 May 2008 at 7:25pm | IP Logged
I guess i will add in my two cents for all it's worth..

Kudos to the character of Jeet for finally showing some backbone, it was about time.

Durga is your a typical 'sass' where no woman is good enough for her sons. She has no love for Cherry either than to have married her off to Jeet to destroy Soni.

Karuna finally showed that his character is actually the man of the house instead of being whipped.

Jyoti is a useless character that does nothing for the show.

Cherry's character got a well deserved slap but as we all know it usually leads to a more evil stance.

Veer's character has become meek, not the same person that was portrayed with his first wife.

Finally we come to Soni..she is meek but there is definate strength to her character, we just cannot see it. Mahi is shown as the one with resolve so of course Soni had to be cast as the opposite.

Let's wait to judge till we see how the writers play out the pregnancy storyline.

Go to top