India-Forums

Special Squad
Special Squad

*...*...*Irshaad Hai*...*...* (Page 52)

nirmola Senior Member
nirmola
nirmola

Posted: 25 June 2009 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
Wow,poems, stories and its morals are really  great. it speaks a lot.

And, that  Dad & Son story was really touching. people are now getting too busy in making money that they dont understand that their own are falling apart gradually. money took happiness.

sunshine286 Goldie
sunshine286
sunshine286

Posted: 27 June 2009 at 12:24pm | IP Logged
Self Appraisal

A little boy went into a drug store, reached for a soda carton and pulled it over to the telephone. He climbed onto the carton so that he could reach the buttons on the phone and proceeded to punch in seven digits (phone numbers).

The store-owner observed and listened to the conversation:

Boy: "Lady, Can you give me the job of cutting your lawn?

Woman: (at the other end of the phone line): "I already have someone to cut my lawn."

Boy: "Lady, I will cut your lawn for half the price of the person who cuts your lawn now."

Woman: I'm very satisfied with the person who is presently cutting my lawn.

Boy: (with more perseverance) : "Lady, I'll even sweep
your curb and your sidewalk, so on Sunday you will
have the prettiest lawn in all of Palm beach , Florida."

Woman: No, thank you.

With a smile on his face, the little boy replaced the receiver. The store-owner, who was listening to all this, walked over to the boy.

Store Owner: "Son... I like your attitude; I like that positive spirit and would like to offer you a job."

Boy: "No thanks,

Store Owner: But you were really pleading for one.

Boy: No Sir, I was just checking my performance at the
job I already have. I am the one who is working for that lady I was talking to!"

This is what we call "Self Appraisal"

ruha IF-Dazzler
ruha
ruha

Posted: 27 June 2009 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
wow,so cute,nice way to judge ourself
maha_prakrti IF-Sizzlerz
maha_prakrti
maha_prakrti

Posted: 27 June 2009 at 2:36pm | IP Logged
Hmmm... I am impressed!!!!!!! Self appraisal work well when your boss appreciated you!
Veena.. IF-Sizzlerz
Veena..
Veena..

Posted: 29 June 2009 at 4:56am | IP Logged
wow thts cool.....really impressive
sunshine286 Goldie
sunshine286
sunshine286

Posted: 30 June 2009 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
                                              The old Carpenter 

This is a story of an elderly carpenter who had been working for a contractor for many many  years. He had built many beautiful houses but now as he was getting old, he wanted to retire and lead a leisurely life with his family. So, he goes to the contractor and tells him about his plan of retiring. The contractor feels sad at the prospect of losing a good worker but agrees to the plan because the carpenter had indeed become too fragile for the tough building work. But as a last request, he asks the old carpenter to construct just one last house. The old man agrees and starts working but his heart was not in his work any more. He had lost the motivation towards work. So, he resorted to shoddy workmanship and constructed the house half-heartedly. After the house was built, the contractor handed over the front door keys to the carpenter and said, This is your new house. My gift to you. The carpenter was shocked and upset. Had he known that he was building his own house, he would have done a better job! Now, he would have to live in the house, which is not worth staying.   Think of yourself as the carpenter. You work hard every day but are you giving your best? We put our least to the work we don't like or do not have interest in. Later, we get shocked at the situation we have created for ourselves and try to figure out why we didn't do it differently.

Enjoy your tasks and carry on your responsibilities with pleasure and not with pain. Life is a do-it-yourself project. Do your job enthusiastically and with devotion, a positive output and a pleasing life will certainly be on your way.

Tongue
nirmola Senior Member
nirmola
nirmola

Posted: 30 June 2009 at 1:30pm | IP Logged
Truly say. Really very few we give our best.
and sometimes it just turned up.
maha_prakrti IF-Sizzlerz
maha_prakrti
maha_prakrti

Posted: 30 June 2009 at 1:31pm | IP Logged
You know Trupti.... Reading this has made me think about something... thanks for that! :)

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Special Squad Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index