Ramayan
Ramayan

India-Forums

Sita Navami-May 13th '08

Nidhz1 Groupbie
Nidhz1
Nidhz1

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 10:23am | IP Logged
On May 13th '08 is Sita Navami; On vaishakh shukla navami goddess Lakshmi manifested on earth and emerged from a "furrow" hence was named as "Sita"

Valmiki Ramayan is very clear in stating Sita as "ayonija" unborn of human womb. King Janak states it and stresses that Sita is not an ordinary girl while giving her in marriage to Shri Ram.

Sita herself attests her birthsaying she's "ayonija" twice, once when she narrates about her birth to mata Anusuya (ayodhya kand chap 118) and in yuddha kand before she enters the pyre after Ram accuses her; to which Sita angrily states that she shouldn't be treated like a commoner b'coz she isn't an ordinary woman since she's "ayonija".

Sita, along with Durga is the most adored and worshipped goddess in India, one can find Janaki mandir where only Sita presides without Ram but there's no Ram mandir without Sita not only in India but else-where in the world. So inspite of this why is Sita's birth not celebrated just like Ram-navami is celebrated by the whole nation???
Its sad that many even don not know about the birth tithi of Sita Unhappy and what has made the different versions of Ramayan state that Sita is the daughter of either Ravan or Mandodari??

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sitarrapriyavLeadNitrate

camella IF-Dazzler
camella
camella

PRC’s observer (Pratha)

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 11:09am | IP Logged
thnx for the lovely info dear Clap ..its a real surprise to me!! Smile
sita11 IF-Stunnerz
sita11
sita11

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 11:26am | IP Logged
thanks a bunch for the great info. !!!!!
diva82 IF-Rockerz
diva82
diva82

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 11:59am | IP Logged
thank you for the information.
Nidhz1 Groupbie
Nidhz1
Nidhz1

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
Thank you all but my questions remain unanswered Unhappy  also can somebody tell me her birth nakshatra? I'm a bit confused as to which is it Ardra or Magha??
rupalip IF-Dazzler
rupalip
rupalip

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 2:13am | IP Logged
sitajis purva janam story:

Once Ravan saw a beautiful female doing tapasya in forest near himalaya. She was dressed in black Mrigcharm with jata typed hairstyle. Ravan got attracted by her beauty and asked her name and the reason being like this and doing such hard tapasya. She told him the reason Her father was Brahmarishi KUSHDHWAJ, son of Brihaspati and she is VEDVATI.
There was a time when all demons, god etc wanted to marry her, but her father denied because he wanted her to marry with Lord Vishnu.
Then one day, a demon Shambhu killed her father while he was sleeping and her mother too sacrificed her life in griev with father.
Now she to make her fathers wish fulfil, doing tapasya and praying lord vishnu to marry her.
because noone like vishnuji and she praised vishnu alot in front of Ravan.
As Ravan dont like vishnuji , he started saying false wordss related to him , and given self introduction
as lankapati Ravan , dashgriv and lots of self praise.
and he asked her to marry him and be patrani of lanka.
She denied all the time and was praising lord vishnu, Ravan was so full of anger at that time
hearing all this that he started scaring her hoding her hairs from his hand. She felt so insulted
and was in anger that she cut her hairs from her hand and said
How u dare touch me, you insulted (tiraskrit) me, I was doing tapasya so I cannot give u shrap
and I am a female so I cannot fight with you coz You are more powerful.
I am ending my life entering into fire infront of you and am praying and promising you
I will again take birth without female womb and will be reason behind your death.
Saying all this , she ended her life.
Then after sometime, she again took birth from LOTUS. Somehow Ravan saw her and unknowingly again
got attracted by the beauty of sweet little daughter and took her along. when he reached home,
asked his mantri , who was well -versed astrologer , can predict alot just seeing the person.
He predicted, if she will live here, she could be the reason of your death.
Listening all this, Ravan threw her into ocean , he didnot killed her coz was a female and
will get sin. Then later Janak ji while ploughing field got her from earth. 

So  Vedvati who again took birth from Lotus (ayonija) , grewup as Sitaji and married Ramji (Lord Vishnu) who killed Ravan. Finally fulfilled her fathers dream marrying vishnuji and became reason of ravans  end.

Edited by rupalip - 06 May 2008 at 2:32am
-Frozen- IF-Sizzlerz
-Frozen-
-Frozen-

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 2:56am | IP Logged
thanx a lot Embarrassed
sita11 IF-Stunnerz
sita11
sita11

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 8:53am | IP Logged
THANKS A LOTTTTTTTTTT!! rupalip !! for another great info abt SITAJI'S BIRTH !!!!!

in this RAMAYAN it was shown tht king janak got sitaji while sowing the seet beej(pumpkinn seeds ) so king janak named her SITAJI !!!!
thanks a bunch for telling the other GREAT INFO. ABT SITAJI'S NAME & BIRTH STORIES !!!!

THIS thread is soooooooooo nice !!!

Go to top