Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

uvita thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Originally posted by: swatinarang

sam behna this role is similar to JW role even in KS JW turns blind eye to all the evil things done by meera, his sister, ranveer

Swati u r right on that but still like Sam said i also did not want him to take up a role in Mahabharat and if he did, why not some other good role why this one.....hated Dhirashtra in Mahabharat
popeye thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
Look at it this way .. maybe only Ram could make dhritrshtra less hatable than he was.. πŸ˜†
Ram will do justice to his role im sure
Henna 786 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

this ought to be interesting, i would admit tho, i would have to give it a skip.. i read he is learning sanskrit.. i cant grasp hindi.. Sanskrit door ki baat hain πŸ˜†

altho i think this would be the first K serial not to have any leaps etc 😲 lol.. just joking..

Good luck to the team 😊

rpmenon thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
What!!

I was hoping he has turned it down since in the articles his name was not mentioned.. 😑 I am double angry for that now-His name was no where mentioned in the article where they bragged abt EK's "Mahabharath" 😑

Well,It will be a miracle Mahabharath this time because audience is going to go gaga over the blind&mean king.
πŸ˜†
That shoould teach EK a lesson because her story will have to be rewritten because in this new one,Dritharashtra will be the hero πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Lord-Mangeshwar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Shub shub bolo Piku ji πŸ˜†

I personally think that the Mahabharat forum will be a very interesting one, where lots of knowledge will be shared 😊 And hey, I'm sure that the quality of the acting from the cast will be excellent... and therefore there will never be a lack of things to talk about πŸ˜ƒ

Whilst I think that Mr Ram Kapoor could have done another role, I'd personally find it impossible to imagine him in the role of Lord Krishna - maybe he could have been a candidate for the role around the time he was doing Manshaa 😊

I personally thought that Mr Ram Kapoor could have done a good job in role like Shakuni - because that role could have a very sly Thakral like side to it. Also the role of Aarcharya Drona was another one which I thought he could have been considered for - that way Mr Ram Kapoor could have had a chance to have a lot more screen time, and some great scenes in the warrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr πŸ˜ƒ

The other thing is that I doubt that the Balaji Team will take any chances by being slack on the research... Mr BR Chopra's Mahabharat did have a few instances where events were shown to be somewhat different to what is written in the texts... but back then the media and religious groups weren't as deadly as they are today.

And because this is Ekta ji's production, the various groups will definitely be waiting and ready to pounce whenever they see anything that seems even 0.1% worthy of objection πŸ˜†

God bless.
rk fan thumbnail
he can still play Lord Krishana once he get back into shape mansha is not a very old serial and i dont think that ram is that old that he should play roles like shakuani or drona when all other actors in his age group are playing either Pandavs or karauvs. 😭
Lord-Mangeshwar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hey there RK fan 😊

Of course, I truly think that Mr Ram Kapoor can get back into shape... but realistically, it will take quite a while - by then the show will have already started.

With those roles I mentioned, it's not really that the actor has to be a certain age to play the roles - I mean, Shakuni and Dhritarashtra are from the same generation. I suggested Shakuni because it's a much stronger role that gets more screen time, and has a lot more to do.

As for older characters like Aarcharya Drona, the age thing will simply be handled by the makeup artists! πŸ˜ƒ The main thing is the role itself.

Having seen the series by Mr BR Chopra, as well as having read the books, I truly believe that both of those roles I mentioned are far more exciting, and interesting than the role of King Dhritarashtra.

Just my opinion though, and I meant no offense to anyone 😊

God bless.
vardhani thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hey guys,
I think there are only three main protagonists in MAHABHARATA which where the main reason for the war to happen.

Shakuni – the person who actual plotted the sketch, whose only aim was to destroy both the kauravas and pandavas.

Dhritarashtra – the person who desired for the war to happen; for his own selfish reasons. He was so full of inferiority complex and vanity that he wanted to achieve what he couldn't through his son.

Krishna – the person who metamorphosed the desires of shakuni and dhrutarashtra and was the actual SAARATHI. But he allowed things to happen in such a way that in the last truth only prevailed.

And I am glad ram is playing the character of dhrutarashtra, because I don't think any other balaji actor at least has the guts to even touch it. Only ram can bring in that conviction and somebody rightly wrote that his eyes emote the most, he doesn't require dialogues, but without his eyes he will be handicapped and this is a real challenge.

And I must admit that ekta has an eye for talent, in 99% cases she picks up right actors for certain roles.
And MAHABHARATA is as vast as an ocean. It contains everything and anything. One will find any damn thing in it right from politics, administration, jealousy, bisexuality, love, principles, values, passion, betrayal, polygamy et al…. the list is endless.

Recently I read the synopsis of the book "THE PREGNANT KING" and was surprised to know that it is a story from the Mahabharata where some king accidentally drinks a magic potion meant for his wife and he becomes pregnant and conceives a child [sex change operation probably] and his wife rules the kingdom. The book questions the rights of women and sexual preferences etc.

So, I mean Mahabharata has various perceptions, according to some a certain event was right while according some others the same thing was wrong.
It depends which perception ekta chooses. That choice will make all the difference.

Well I can only wish all the best to her and her team.

God bless
Dhani

P.S.: I sincerely hope that ekta doesn't mess up my favorite epic.
..Sanjana.. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
WOHOO!Cant wait!Thanks so much! πŸ˜ƒ
RANJANA_RRJ thumbnail

Originally posted by: sabsj

Let's hope EK doesn't make Kalyug ka Mahabharat, so far her interpretations of history, religion, culture, relationships, customs, traditions etc etc., have, how should I put it mildly....not been very tasteful, accurate or remotely authentic, just hope and pray for once she gets this right

Kya chun chun ke shab laayi ho Sabs. Lapet lapet kar taana maar rahi hoπŸ˜†.
I am looking forward to this project and I also hope it will be a bit auhentic. But Mahabharat is really difficult as the original books are something like 18 books/chapters. They will have to pick  scenes and storylines carefully.
I was hoping RK would get Karna's role (may Favorite) but Dhridrashtra will be a challenge. This character always intrigued me for his weaknesses but he had such human emotions. He tried to be a good father but was a bad king in the process. Would like to see RK in this.
Man he is learning Sanskrit. Best of luck. I still have nightmares from Sanskrit classes🀒, I am brainwashed by the grammer and the formal namesπŸ˜†