Kasamh Se (Kasam Se)

Ram Kapoor prepares for Mahabharata -arti

Monu-SunNaa IF-Sizzlerz
Monu-SunNaa
Monu-SunNaa

Bidaai Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 4:49am | IP Logged

Ram Kapoor prepares for Mahabharata

Ekta Kapoor's Mahabharata is one of the most awaited serials on television. And as expected the epic will star all her favorite actors. Ekta's blue eyed boy on television Ram Kapoor will play an important character in Mahabharata - Dhritrashtra who was a blind king of Hastinapur. A source tells us that Ram has been preparing himself for the role of a blind king.

"He is pretty nervous for this role as he still remembers the B.R. Films Mahabharata and also the character of Dhritrashtra was quite popular. He has not yet started shooting for it but yes he is preparing very hard for this role. He has brought the DVDs of Mahabharata and is watching it very closely. He is practicing how to walk as a blind man… how they speak."

"Even on the sets of Kasamh Se he practices in his make room daily. He is also learning Sanskrit as the language won't be a normal Hindi. He is also reading books related to Mahabharata and getting more into his role," adds the source.

We spoke to Ram Kapoor also about his role. "Yes … I'm pretty nervous as this role is not a normal serial role. I'm working hard on it and I have brought the all the DVD collection of Mahabharata and just watching so lets see as I have to break the image of Jai Walia from my fans."

Who is Dhritarashtra?
In the Mahabharata, Dhritarashtra was the son born to Vichitravirya's first wife Ambika. He was fathered by Vyasa. This blind king of Hastinapura was father to a hundred children by his wife Gandhari. These children came to be known as the Kauravas. Duryodhana and Dushasana were the first two sons.

His Last years
Yudhisthira was crowned king of both Indraprastha and Hastinapura. The war had killed many great warriors and millions of soldiers were killed on each side. Yudhisthira once again showed his kindness when he decided that the king of the city of Hastinapura should be Dhristarashtra. He offered the blind king complete respect and deference as an elder, despite his misdeeds and the evil of his dead sons. After many years as the ruler of Hastinapura, Dhristarashtra along with Ghandhari, Kunti and Vidura left for their final journey into the forest. They died in a forest fire in the Himalayas.

• Dhanashri Kulkarni,Hill Road Media
  • Monday, May 05, 2008
  •  

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/May/Ne ws_20080505_45 

Edited by $weet Ema - 05 May 2008 at 4:50am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwinipatilj&b84princezna

popeye IF-Dazzler
    popeye
    popeye

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 5:00am | IP Logged
    Oh man hes actually doing it.. I was hoping he wouldnt... but I know one thing that now ill have to watch it for him... hes simply brilliant and he will do justice to the role that im positive of ... wish him all the best coz playing a blind man isnt easy and dhritrashtra was a emotionally extremely weak and couldnt stand strong on his beliefs or his conscience. His paternal love brought about his downfall. Rams speaks through his eyes and it will be a challenge for him as an actor to have this facet of his talent not being able to speak any more. He will have to depend on other things to bring out his emotions.
    Its a challenge and i know ram will be brilliant ... although i cant imagine him in a mythological show and was kinda hoping that he wouldnt do it but now that he is as as a loyal fan I know he will be brillaint... im fully supporting him Tongue
    vardhani Senior Member
    vardhani
    vardhani

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 5:00am | IP Logged
    hey
    thanx a lot. so he is playing dhritarashtra.
    interesting. i don't know how he will lokk but i have no doubts about his acting prowess.
    good luck to him

god bless

dhani
    swatinarang IF-Sizzlerz
    swatinarang
    swatinarang

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 5:04am | IP Logged
    oh no, he shld have done some other role, but may be EK thinks he fits the blind king role Dead and he is gonna do this for his bread and butter
    sanam84 IF-Rockerz
    sanam84
    sanam84

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 5:36am | IP Logged

I dint want him to do Mhabharat at all Ouch ...n not this role, anyway it is Ekta Dead

but one more thing i am sure of...it will be a small role but RK will sure do it well...maybe Dritrashtra will become a loved character LOL LOL coz as far as i know bout Mahabharat Drithrashtr was one of main coz for Mahabharat insted of stopping his son, he actually turned a 'blind eye' to all his n Sakuni mama's wrong doings.

swatinarang IF-Sizzlerz
    swatinarang
    swatinarang

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 5:40am | IP Logged
    sam behna this role is similar to JW role even in KS JW turns blind eye to all the evil things done by meera, his sister, ranveer
    sanam84 IF-Rockerz
    sanam84
    sanam84

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 5:45am | IP Logged

Originally posted by swatinarang

sam behna this role is similar to JW role even in KS JW turns blind eye to all the evil things done by meera, his sister, ranveer

Aa gayi tum mere peeche, meri taang keechneLOLLOL n why did u forgot Bani from that listLOL but abhi chasme lag gaye hai na...abhi sab theek hoga hopefullyOuchOuchhe will just have eyes for baniBig smile

Edited by sanam84 - 05 May 2008 at 5:46am
    sabsj IF-Rockerz
    sabsj
    sabsj

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 5:49am | IP Logged

swati behna, pehle bechare ko budha senior citizen bana diya, ab andha....aagey kya, maybe next serial main....loola ya bhaira LOL

chalo koi baat nahin, am sure he will do justice to the role....just wish he didn't have to play this one, i never liked this character in Mahabharat Ouch

Edited by sabsj - 05 May 2008 at 5:55am

Go to top