India-Forums

Dill Mill Gaye
Dill Mill Gaye

making a unique daily tv serial!!!

-harika- Goldie
-harika-
-harika-

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 3:21am | IP Logged
First of all, sorry for the long post, i donno y i cant make short posts. Tongue

yesterday i was thinking seriously how easy is it to make a daily serial and that too a hatke one..for some time i've put myself in the creative's shoes. dmg started on a very bright note, infact so bright that its difficult even for them to maintain the same brightness. The initial three months have raised the audience expectation very high. So, they had a very high standard to match up to. They had mixed comedy, romance, family bonds, friendship so beautifully, that lack of even one of them would start disappointing the audience. AR had swept us off our feet by then, so they had to show more about them. Moving them aside after the confession would be a very big risk. wat if audience dont enjoy the other lovestories so well, wat if they r not happy without main focus on AR, so when they brought in the muskaan track, they got a chance to go deep into the AR characters n they went. But people started reacting in different ways. Some wanted the cute scenes, some wanted the characterisation to be strong, some wanted comedy scenes, some wanted other stories to move on, some wanted AR to confess publicly, some wanted medical cases, some wanted armaan's pranks,some wanted something different(none of these). To put all these in the serial at a time is not possible, so they do their best to balance all these and its not an easy task. To fulfil somany demands and surprise the audience every week is definitely not an easy task. And dmg is no ordinary serial. its different, the story moves fast. They dont get weird twists like accidents, plastic surgeries, deaths, murders, schemes, family melodramas. Its easy to drag the story for years when u r allowed to use all those mentioned. But dmg has stuck to the same theme it started with. There are so many shows that started with a unique theme but changed to a family soap bcoz they cant continue the uniqueness. That way dmg is a winner. Clap

The past two months looks like adhoc story, may be bcoz they were going by audience reactions. As Gagan pointed out, they were trying to give wat we wanted. bcoz ultimately thats wat any show aims at, increase or atleast retain the viewers. In the due course, its damn natural that some episodes are dragging, some are boring, some are senseless. so wat!!! no one can churn out excellent stuff everyday, especially in the creative field. Even in movies, the persons who gave masterpieces have given duds too. Becoz they experiment and only experiments produce splendid outputs. So, guys n gals, lets allow the creatives to experiment. And help them to make our dear dmg more interesting by giving our feedback and suggestions in a constructive way, The proposal that Tasha gave(sorry if i got the name wrong) to have two seperate threads for thinkers n loyalists is good if it can be implemented. Lets not bash the creatives, sometimes we like their work n sometimes we dont, but as i mentioned, it is bcoz they experiment. Trust them, they definitely dont want to spoil it, they r more attached to it than us, its their baby, they work on it day n night, ofcourse they r paid for it Wink They have one more thing to worry about, the TRPs.Starone(my fav channel) is very particular abt TRPs. It has stopped some shows in the past when their TRPs went down. We may think that dmg never had to worry abt TRPs but we never know, TRPs is about lakhs of people, we are only 100s or 1000s of dmgmaniacs here.

So, conclusing my bashan, if you have to take care of TRPs, stick to the theme, maintain the tempo, meet the time deadlines, satisfy audience of different ages and surprise them too...ahhh, great job creatives. I appreciate your work and thanks to DMG just for its sheer existence Smile

sorry if i bored up anyone wid my overthinking, dis is just my analysis, any comments r welcome.mods can close if irrelevant.

Edited by dmgfan19 - 05 May 2008 at 3:26am

x.Sara7.x IF-Rockerz

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 3:27am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
missy22 Senior Member
missy22
missy22

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 3:35am | IP Logged
Born to be different... Are you from the creative field? Because it takes one
to know one.. I am, and I've spoken about the "difference" of being different
here a long time ago.... But you've summed up the last eight and a half
months really well.. Clap

Kudos Big smile
aiz_annesha Goldie
aiz_annesha
aiz_annesha

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 3:41am | IP Logged
wow..amazin post.though a bit long..but its ok.caz it waz very well written and explained. Clap Clap

Cheers!x
-harika- Goldie
-harika-
-harika-

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 6:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sara_ea

very well put together Clap Clap Embarrassed

thanks Smile
-harika- Goldie
-harika-
-harika-

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 6:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by missy22

Born to be different... Are you from the creative field? Because it takes one
to know one.. I am, and I've spoken about the "difference" of being different
here a long time ago.... But you've summed up the last eight and a half
months really well.. Clap

Kudos Big smile

thanks Smile but i am not from creative field, i am a software engineer Ouch i have the weakness to search 4 logic in everything LOL correct me if i am wrong but r u the one who posted abt the efforts taken to shoot the fight scenes? if not plz tel me ur post name, i want to read it

Edited by dmgfan19 - 05 May 2008 at 6:39am
-harika- Goldie
-harika-
-harika-

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 7:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aiz_annesha

wow..amazin post.though a bit long..but its ok.caz it waz very well written and explained. Clap Clap

Cheers!x

thanks Smile
-Cherry- IF-Addictz
-Cherry-
-Cherry-

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 7:57am | IP Logged
realllllllllllllllllllllly welll written sweety Clap

Go to top