Kollywood Masala

India-Forums

Kollywood Masala
Kollywood Masala

who is better actress, simran or jothika (Page 2)

Aahaana Global Moderator
Aahaana
Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 8:55am | IP Logged

Originally posted by loveofcinema

remove the banner please.

the banner above is not correct one,
nayanthara was not included inspite of being the number 1 actress in tamil, whereas actresses who quit acting are there.

so all ask mods to remove the banner.

The banner matter is a already a closed topic and like the GM  already have wrote, it will be there and thats the finale decision!

If you simply doesnt have the intent to contribute positive comments, then ignore instead of creating a scene!

No more discussion regarding the banner, otherwise action will be taken toward those ignore the last warning!

Kollywood Devteam

jagdu IF-Dazzler
jagdu
jagdu

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 9:15am | IP Logged
JP,
The response is appreciated.
One felt that in 12B Jyothika got a more powerful role than Simran. Somehow the director would never allow them to meet, tho' they cross each other.
Obviously Jothika's best remembered performance is the dance in Chandramukhi. Suntv keeps repeating her dances with Simbu.
Was it Koffee with Anu on which Simran said she appreciated Jothika's perfomance in Jillenu oru Kaadhal? That was so realistic.
Don't you think that was acting Karthikka?
I do not know how ditty says Jothika is more charismatic. Simran called press conferences at the drop of a hat. Remember her spat with Raju Sundaram, and how open she was with it? Even now she appears with her husband very often on interviews. And TV shows. She owns the superstar show. TV has a much larger regular audience than movie theaters.

Karthikka IF-Dazzler
Karthikka
Karthikka

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 10:01am | IP Logged
Sorry, Jag, I was the one who said that Jyo is more charismatic and dits agreed with me. Frankly, I think this is the edge Jyo has over Sim although Sim is miles ahead in acting skills. But it is a case of apples and oranges you know....they are both fruit but they are different.

Yes, I thought JOK was poignant, touching and just plain lovely. But Mozhi takes the cake though for me. She is indeed the Kannal Pesum Penne.
Aahaana Global Moderator
Aahaana
Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 10:08am | IP Logged
Awww...Ditty...is that you comeing up with a statement like that.... LOL

Jagdu - she doesnt own superstar show, she is just a judge, we could see how short tempered she was on one of the episodes.. Confused

karthi - good example yaar..orange and apple LOL
jigglypuff726 IF-Sizzlerz
jigglypuff726
jigglypuff726

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 10:29am | IP Logged

Originally posted by jagdu

JP,
The response is appreciated.
One felt that in 12B Jyothika got a more powerful role than Simran. Somehow the director would never allow them to meet, tho' they cross each other.
Obviously Jothika's best remembered performance is the dance in Chandramukhi. Suntv keeps repeating her dances with Simbu.
Was it Koffee with Anu on which Simran said she appreciated Jothika's perfomance in Jillenu oru Kaadhal? That was so realistic.
Don't you think that was acting Karthikka?
I do not know how ditty says Jothika is more charismatic. Simran called press conferences at the drop of a hat. Remember her spat with Raju Sundaram, and how open she was with it? Even now she appears with her husband very often on interviews. And TV shows. She owns the superstar show. TV has a much larger regular audience than movie theaters.

you're welcome jagdu. what? jo got a more powerful role than simran in 12B? i personally think it's the other way round.Smile 12B was simran's show all the way. her sensitive portrayal of a widow who loses her love the 2nd time round moved me to tears.ClapClap

i think jothika's best performance was in mozhi but her most memorable performance was in chandramukhi, simply because it was such a big commercial hit with a powerful star like rajini in it.

jothika acting in SOK was impressive. she didn't seem like she was acting at all. if i was a man, i would like a wife like kundavi. she's such an understanding wife.ClapClap

simran is obviously the more beautiful of the 2 women but jothika is more charismatic. simran has this magnificent beautiful face that suits any kind of hairstyles, makeup, accessories etc etc. jothika however is rather ordinary looking(don't get me wrong ditty, K, netra & the rest) so her beauty is something unconventional. it lies in those big deep eyes she has.

to me charismatic defines someone who is not conventionally good-looking but still have an unique charm to them. jothika is definitely more charismatic but sims is a born stunner.Tongue

haila meli.. as beautiful as simran is she sure has a temper to match it. poor vijay adhiraj was totally melted down into a pool of nerves because of simran's temper tantrum. it's just an opinion yaar. simran overeacted in that episode. i feel she should accept both the good & bad points of her judgement and not get angry so fast.

Edited by jigglypuff726 - 06 May 2008 at 10:31am
Aahaana Global Moderator
Aahaana
Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 10:48am | IP Logged

This topic is closed cause of the insulting, personal attack on co-members.

Posting messages in all capitals letters is not permitted cause it considered as "shouting" and can be viewed as offensive by other members here in IF.

This forum is open for everyone to discuss, so one own one particular thread here in IF.

I advice you to go through this forums code of conduct.

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4420

Karthikka IF-Dazzler
Karthikka
Karthikka

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 10:51am | IP Logged
Jiggs, I don't think Jyo is conventionally beautiful. Simran is definitely more beautiful....and more talented. But there is something about Jyo lah.

Yeah, I thought Sim overeacted too....like Vijay A said, she could have broached this subject off camera, but she embarrassed him and she embarrased herself too.
jenim Goldie
jenim
jenim

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 4:26pm | IP Logged

As usual, by the time I get here everything about these actresses had already been discussed, members banned, posts erased, topic closed - reopened etc., I guess I was a bit too late this time LOL

Ha ha ha.. this topic of Simran in Super Star really cracks me up.

So, there are people here in IF who bought the drama the Super Star Director/Creative team came up with! Guys, you disappoint me! LOL (Let me add, this is to my friends only )

It was such a badly staged drama. I thought the preview for the show was far more riveting than the actual drama itself. In fact everything that was there to see, was in the preview itself.

If you think about it a little more carefully, you can see that it was a badly written, but well acted out drama. Really, the script could have been more powerful. I thought it was Sun TV's equivalent for Vijay TV's antics with Chimbu and Prithviraj.

But Simran's acting was so real. I really thought after seeing that, she should get offers for some meaningful roles in the movies. Vijay A was no less.. but he did smile a wee bit when he asked the camera guys to stop rolling. If you have a recording somewhere pay more attention.. you can catch all these li'l things that you missed before.

Logic:
Why would Simran get "on stage" to settle scores with VA for some past show? VA may be big in tellywood, but as far as she is concerned, he is not an equal to her. She is much bigger than that. If it was about a past show, then she would've let her steam off with the creators of the show and may be even walked off permanently from the show (much like how she did it the other day). We've heard enough instances of her not agreeing to say certain dialogues in movies that she walked off during midshoot in the movies.

At least it would have been credible if VA said something when the show was "happening" that irked Sim and so she lost her temper and said those things to him. But the drama script was about something that happened the previous week or earlier. Let's consider the topic that seemed to have made her "lose her temper". Until that episode, Simran was not "solely" responsible for judging talents. It was together with those director judges. Up until she started judging solely, she would just mumble a word or two to the contestants after the other judge had already passed his comment. Hell.. she was so tactical, she wouldn't even announce who was not selected. She was not solely responsible for selecting/not selecting any talent up until that episode. So how could VA even blame her for her judgment. That was a big hole in the script, right there.

This I presume is what happened in reality -

* Show is doing terrible in ad revenue. This gimmick was done for the TRP. The last few weeks saw very very few ads. Last week was at its worst - show was cut down to a 1/2 hour only, b'cos "Narnia" took a 1/2 hour longer. If you'e observed the sponsor numbers have reduced.

* Simran, VA and the makers stand to lose, if the show is to be cancelled.
So, they agreed to do the drama.

* Knowing the kind of classic temper that she has, if she had a problem she would have those heated arguments with the producer/director and would have had the confrontation off-stage with VA. And not during the show. She's smarter than that and the issue was not a burning one, really.

Personally, I like the show. Some performances are way better than what the so called real super stars of Kolly can do.
Remember the one, with the guy "Jack" who was trying to get entry into Kolly - the guy who ate the insides of the banana peel out of hunger - he really moved me with his performance that without realizing what I was doing, at the end of his performance I was giving him a standing ovation.

Go to top