India-Forums

Kayamath
Kayamath

Polygamy acceptable?

starplusfan777 Senior Member
starplusfan777
starplusfan777

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 3:13pm | IP Logged

I am completely perplexed. In a "WORLD" where polygamy of any kind is not just looked down upon, but is punishable by law, I am disturbed that we are all "subconsciously" endorsing a product that is quite blatantly indecent. NO, I am not a prude before you start judging me, but neither am I immodest...but this entire debacle is really pushing the envelope for me a significant bit...

I wonder why I am biting my nails about Neev not exiting. The question then becomes, AM or PN or AP or AN?  Some of our very talented friends here have come out with sarcastic mathematical equations for this phenomena (which I totally loved). But, don't we Asians pride our culture? Even an American president (read Clinton) was brought down by an alleged afair (well not even quite an affair). Therefore, to be promoting this sort of a situation where a couple were married but now are divorced and so could end up with someone else along the way only to be reunited in the end is completely bigamous.

My question to all the folks here, regardless of whether you are single, married or committed, is: Would you ever accept this situation for yourself, a family member, a friend or even an acquanitance? If you won't, then is Prachi such a goddess? Is Milind such a great pati?  And why in god's name are these two a great jodi? They are not even together, and we all don't know if in the near future they are going to be a jodi...and as of now, they are divorced and supposedly one is engaged to another woman. So.......are they deserving candidates for winning a award for their jodi?

Edited by starplusfan777 - 04 May 2008 at 3:13pm

ppanache IF-Sizzlerz
ppanache
ppanache

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 3:24pm | IP Logged

SF...a very good question...I think Prachi only wants her husband Milind and Milind even though he has PA wants Prachi and that has been shown several times in the last couple of weeks......So, i think the question should be, should Neev or Ayesha even pine for people who are married to each other.. Ayesha getting herself engaged to a man who is married is totally unacceptable to me...I can forgive Milind for his behaviour as he has PA..but Ayesha she knows he is married...

but still wanting to get into a polygamist marriage is her fault ....

Neev is in love with Prachi....but prachi is in love with her hubby...So in both the cases the ppl around them are at fault and not MICHI...

PourQuoi IF-Rockerz
PourQuoi
PourQuoi

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 3:27pm | IP Logged
Hun...they aren't divorced... Confused
PourQuoi IF-Rockerz
PourQuoi
PourQuoi

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 3:31pm | IP Logged
Hun...In the particular instance of Kym...I think it's highly disgusting what they are showing...it cannot be justified in any which way...

But in some cultures, though I do claim to know very little on the subject...Polygamy is accepted (usually in the case of a man with multiple wives) because it is with the consent of the first wife and the concequent, second or third marriage is usually conducted in order to protect or such the woman...

Please someone correct me if I'm mistaken on this general view...I'd really like to know... Smile
fahimataq IF-Rockerz
fahimataq
fahimataq

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 3:46pm | IP Logged
zcbcc34 (id lyk to no ur name cos this 1 is difficult to write if u dnt mind), u r right cos im a muslim n in our religion it is allowed nd u right the fact tht permission frm the first wife is crucial. it is a case of man with multiple wives and this is only because as a global population, female population is higher than male generally. And yes the third marriage and so on is to only shelter/protect women from deprivation.

About the polygamy thing shown in the show, i dont think its acceptable cos prachi nd milind r still married and prachi is not handing milind happily to ayesha. nd ayesha is doing wrong taking advantage of milind's PA to get married to him. her engagement is also not justified too bt thts wht i think.

i dnt think milind nd prachi r divorced and i just hope neev and prachi dnt get married cos thts wrong.
PourQuoi IF-Rockerz
PourQuoi
PourQuoi

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 4:04pm | IP Logged
@Fahima...It's Rima...and please do call me that...Thank you hun...it was really good to know... Smile
ppanache IF-Sizzlerz
ppanache
ppanache

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 4:10pm | IP Logged
In indian society esp the society that EKTA tends to portray (hindu's)...polygamy is an absolute NO..NO...but what can i say EKTA has a scewed sense of social morals!! LOL

Edited by panache - 04 May 2008 at 4:34pm
ifyaa IF-Rockerz
ifyaa
ifyaa

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 4:33pm | IP Logged
in ekta world,,everythin but happiness is ecceptable..

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index