Dill Mill Gaye

India-Forums

Dill Mill Gaye
Dill Mill Gaye

If I May... I’d Like To Say Something.... (Page 3)

pyaridilwalino1 IF-Dazzler
pyaridilwalino1
pyaridilwalino1

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
great idea... Clap I think this would help both sides because it seems every topic that is posted either ridicules the other viewpoint or offends them in someway....maybe two separate ones would be good enough...but then again there are chat clubs where similar viewpoints can be discussed and shared....whatever it is majority just have to learn to agree to disagree..then surely dil mil jayenge! Big smile Smile

-Shweta

fahimataq IF-Rockerz
fahimataq
fahimataq

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 2:16pm | IP Logged
nice post navy1985 i think its a gr8 idea bcos their has being a lot opinion clash nd im quite hurt tht the topics hav being closed. i like ur post.! Smile
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 2:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dhvanisoni

u know there used to be a thread called 'knotty knukkad' where every single details was discussed , appreciated , criticized ...but it was closed saying there shud b only 1 discussion thread...

Dhvani yaar, high five! We've just competed a hattrick! Wooohoo!LOLLOLLOL
dhvanisoni IF-Dazzler
dhvanisoni
dhvanisoni

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 2:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Originally posted by dhvanisoni

u know there used to be a thread called 'knotty knukkad' where every single details was discussed , appreciated , criticized ...but it was closed saying there shud b only 1 discussion thread...

Dhvani yaar, high five! We've just competed a hattrick! Wooohoo!LOLLOLLOL

TIme to celebrateBig smile

Edited by dhvanisoni - 04 May 2008 at 2:35pm
sournsweet Goldie
sournsweet
sournsweet

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
but d million dollar question is do u think dat is actually possible???...I was a silent reader of dis forum once before finally deciding 2 join and der was something called knotty knukkad n I think dat post was closed bcz dat was once sensible post wer appreciation or criticism, each was given its share...but sumhow it dint appeal to d masses...n der it was DEN, SHUT DOWN FOR GUD???...acc/- 2 masses...so I really wonder veder ur suggestion is gona b taken up...I hope dey do...bcz 2 much of sweetness kills u too( c riddhima ind current track, armaan wud tell u how bugging she is..)!!!...n dats vat dis forum has...every1's talks abt how gr8 dey r...overlooking always d defects...

Y havnt we still heard frm d mods...
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 2:38pm | IP Logged
@sournsweet: I agree...I seriously doubt the seperate threads are going to work cuz most of the harcore DMG fans have major issues with anyone even remotely criticizing the show and will not let any thread which has that kind of discussion remain in peace...
dhvanisoni IF-Dazzler
dhvanisoni
dhvanisoni

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 2:45pm | IP Logged
@I think the hardcore fans just can't bear a different viewpoint.Now its not possible naa ki everytime u HAVE TO post "oh they were hot""oh this was good" if I feel tht it was not good or appropriate I should b able to express it.Thats wht the forum is for.Dont know why ppl all of a sudden consider criticism as bashing. Confused
Tasha1985 IF-Rockerz
Tasha1985
Tasha1985

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 3:06pm | IP Logged

Wow, thank you to all of you for your responses ..... although I did pm this post to a few people I didn't actually think I'd get two pages worth of replies (i say two cause my post took up most of the first page itselfTongueLOL) ......

And as far as the question about this idea working or not ...... I'm not sure if it would work ...... this was just a suggestion that came to my mind.  Actually I have exams right now but I keep wandering onto I-F and the DMG forum whenever I'm taking a "break" and it just hit me that there's a rift appearing in the forum and the mediator in me just jumped up and had to put my thoughts forward.  I mean it might work if it is something people agree too ...... and so far I've seen people from both sides agree to this ..... maybe we could just wait it out and see how many more agree from each side and then try to put something into place.

I honestly just thought I'd put this out there cause I felt like some of the younger or newer members might not see that people who disagree can actually still be nice to each other and might take this personally. 

And again, maybe including a rule or something for the DMG forum's charter (the list of rules) could outline how these threads are to be used and what is considered abuse of freedom of speech here.  Maybe any new members could be referred to that if they had any issues with either side.

Again, I repeat that this is meant to be a suggestion for BOTH sides ...... because ....

its not fair to those who want changes to have their opinions thrown down and be told that they are wrong

but at the same time ...

it is not fair to those who don't want changes to have to see that the fact that they chose to overlook everything and just enjoy the show makes them wrong

because ...

neither side is necessarily wrong.

The people who criticize the show should be allowed to do so because obviously they must have watched it and liked something that they want to save or to see comeback and should not be told not to watch the show if they don't like it ....... finding a fault in something doesn't mean hating it - or atleast I think this is what a lot of people who dislike elements of the show feel - I don't think anyone hates the show, the actors, creatives, story, idea, clothes, sets, etc entirely - I'm sure there's something that they like or liked that made them watch it in the first place ....

and....

the people who don't want changes to the show should be allowed to feel so without feeling inferior in understanding or intellect or anything.  Although I find many of the critics to be witty, I am sure that many of the other members may feel that the underlying sarcasm is being directed at them personally when it isn't.

I'm not accusing anyone of saying either of the two things mentioned but unfortunately that's the misconception that is building gradually and I just want that addressed before it goes to far.

I'm sorry for such a long post again but I think the mediator in me just can't shut up today. Embarrassed LOL

P.S., I know that at the very beginning I said "younger and newer members" and some may argue that those who can watch the current track and write very "mature" fan-fics should be able to understand but the truth of the matter is that not all of the younger and newer members can understand that the sarcasm and criticism that individuals speak - type - with is not a personal attack ..... and that just could be because we're "typing" it and not speaking it so its not like the other can see our intention on our faces.

Go to top