India-Forums

Do d Indian idol contestants have an edge

Sur_Sangam IF-Dazzler
Sur_Sangam
Sur_Sangam

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 11:18am | IP Logged

Looks like "Jo jeeta wahi superstar" is a contest where Judges especially Farah Khan give a lot of importance to the performance. Indian idol format seems to be more similar to JJWS compared to Saregamapa or VOI. It is natural that Indian idol contestant have an edge over others.

People like Debojit and Vinit have been doing lot of shows but they have been more of singers than performers.Ishmeet and Toshi have been mainly depending on their singing abilities.

Do you think Indian idol contestants have an edge over others or the others(Saregama and VOI contestants) with their vote banks may balance  things out  real well. Your opinion!

Edited by Sur_Sangam - 04 May 2008 at 12:53pm

karan.jh Senior Member
karan.jh
karan.jh

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 11:48am | IP Logged
yeah !!
you are totally rite ..i agree wid you
punjabi_qt26 Goldie
punjabi_qt26
punjabi_qt26

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 12:25pm | IP Logged
Yeah... I agree too
xanthimmortal Senior Member
xanthimmortal
xanthimmortal

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 11:22pm | IP Logged
I don't agree with you ,no matter what Farah is a fair judge,while Vishal n Shekar gave 10 to Prajakta when she sang with bad vocal cords she said she had to be fair n gave lower marks,whats that favourism??.Don't think so. Smile
smallwonder IF-Sizzlerz
smallwonder
smallwonder

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 11:29pm | IP Logged
I disagree... Performance apart, the indian idol contestants are singing far better than srgmp/voi... its just a misconception that ii is not about singing and srgmp is superior in that regards... on the whole in this show, ii has been ahead in singing - barring one or two individual performances...
yipee IF-Sizzlerz
yipee
yipee

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
i dont think II contestants have an adge as such...if u cut out the performance, II contestants r singing very well and deserve the marks they have got
Sur_Sangam IF-Dazzler
Sur_Sangam
Sur_Sangam

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 3:25am | IP Logged

Originally posted by xanthimmortal

I don't agree with you ,no matter what Farah is a fair judge,while Vishal n Shekar gave 10 to Prajakta when she sang with bad vocal cords she said she had to be fair n gave lower marks,whats that favourism??.Don't think so. Smile
Well, The question here is not that she is a fair judge or not. She gave 9 to Ishmeet Singh in his first performance saying that he sang the song with his eyes closed and she would have given 10 if he had opened his eyes while singing. She was very open about what she was looking for.

Ironically ths same day, Asha Bhowsle in K for Kishore shouted at a contestant saying,"you need to sing this song with sakoon keeping your eyes closed"

Now next question is should you open or close your eyes while singing. Definitely open your eyes if singing in JJWS. That is what I am getting at. This show is giving a lot of stress on performance. Singers who are not used to "performing" gets a mark or two less.

The day you are  talking about Farah was fair, but not the other two and lead to the exit of Aishwariya after getting 10 10 10(if I am not wrong).

Edited by Sur_Sangam - 05 May 2008 at 3:44am
Sur_Sangam IF-Dazzler
Sur_Sangam
Sur_Sangam

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 4:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by smallwonder

I disagree... Performance apart, the indian idol contestants are singing far better than srgmp/voi... its just a misconception that ii is not about singing and srgmp is superior in that regards... on the whole in this show, ii has been ahead in singing - barring one or two individual performances...
I have to agree Indian idol contestants especially Abhijit sawant is  singing real good. If you go by Judges marks other contestants are also doing well. Harshit made a hattrick of 10 10 10 performances. Debojit and Aishwariya also gave triple 10 performances.Overall, on the champion side, it is a treat to hear them.

Go to top