India-Forums

Sports/Cricket
Sports/Cricket

The Great Upset!!! Mumbai vs Delhi!

Eloquent IF-Rockerz
Eloquent
Eloquent

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 8:33am | IP Logged
Wowww!!! Must say I wasn't really expecting Mumbai to win against the Delhi side who had defeated the Chennai Super Kings just a few days back!!!
And also since Delhi were the top of the lot in the rankings while Mumbai was at the very bottom....talk about David and GoliathLOL

It was such a heartening match to see....especially for someone for me who was losing faith in Mumbai due to their string of defeats!

Shaun Pollock really rocks! He's the only player who has contributed with both bat and bowl all throughout the tournament in the Mumbai side! Even today....he smashed 3 sixes and got 22 runs in Mumbai's second last over!!!Clap

And to say the truth I wasn't expecting Ashish Nehra to pick up 2 wickets in the third last overLOLLOL

Yayy...after Kolkatta and Delhi I hope our winning streak continues!!!Embarrassed

Mrs.Brett Lee IF-Rockerz
Mrs.Brett Lee
Mrs.Brett Lee

-

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 11:06am | IP Logged
I actually..lost..all thoughts..of winning..bt...Man..I really adore..Shaun Pollock..Seriously..he is a match winning performer.. Clap Clap Clap Brett Lee's favourite bowler is Shaun Pollock(He had said tht in his interview once lolz...)n after tht even I started 2 like him...His 3 sixes..were..jst stunning...n my were glued on the TV..seeing his sixes... Embarrassed Embarrassed
I seriously think..tht..dose..hu gt retired...like Mcgrath n Pollock..shud still play in the International..cricket.. Smile n now after dis..match hopefully..Sachin will also..play..n I hope..Mumbai..cums in the Top..4.. Big smile ..
Way 2 go Mumbai Indians.. Clap Clap Clap
FollowYourHeart IF-Sizzlerz
FollowYourHeart
FollowYourHeart

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 11:54am | IP Logged
Pollock definatly does roooock a true all rounder the runs were beautyfuuly scored but what i loved was the wicket he took and broke that dangerous partnership

and the crowd was fabulous what a splendid support for the home team their intensity definatly kicked up their morales like hell

i loved the site when umm i dnt remember the boweller's name but i guess he was a west indies bowller or shrilankan... LOL ...um whatever...but he took a wicket and just ran off to pollock and jumped on top of him and both fell on the ground what a splendid sight it was

intitially i used to fele that this compition might set animosity in betwene the team players themselves..bhaji shrishant escapade was one such example...but now its such a great feleing to see players playing for different oc**tries fraternizing with each other almost like the best of buddies

and then the sight of a totally jovinilee sachin at the end of the match was the best treat ever boy he looked soooooooo soo happyyyyy

i toh liked pollock always haaan respect for him has amplified after the past two matches

way to go mumbaiiiiiiiii am with u as long as u don't play against rajasthan royals... LOL LOL {well i loveee you sachin but i lovee my city jaipur toooo and am just soooooooooooooo soo on a roll with the royal win we have just had against csk....oh boy we top the charts nowwwwwwww yeaaaaaaaah}
shona. IF-Rockerz
shona.
shona.

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 12:06pm | IP Logged
i was shocked to see mumbai win but i guess this is cricket u can never guess what will hapen...like mumbai who had a disaterous start beat top teams like delhi n kolkatta
umi82990 IF-Sizzlerz
umi82990
umi82990

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 2:06pm | IP Logged
Yea. Mumbai is like the surprise package that will upset the IPL now.
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top