Kollywood Masala

India-Forums

Kollywood Masala
Kollywood Masala

simran or asin???????? (Page 2)

Poll Question: who is a better dancer and actress??

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
12 [66.67%]
6 [33.33%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

suram Goldie
suram
suram

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 9:06pm | IP Logged

Sims it is ofcourse...she is an amazing dancer..and a good actress too... asin is good compared to many others ..but no way close to Sims!!

Karthikka IF-Dazzler
Karthikka
Karthikka

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 12:30pm | IP Logged
Simran all the way - I think when an actress can emote very well in a language that she does not know, she is an extremely talented actress - Nandita Das and Tabu come to mind.

Asin can speak Tamil because she is Malayalee - the similarities between the two languages make it easier for her.

Simran is definitely much better.
Dits Goldie
Dits
Dits

Posted: 07 May 2008 at 11:44pm | IP Logged
I agree with that one, Karthi.Almost all those who've migrated frm Mal cinema to Tamil have learnt to speak Tamil fluently after abt 2 movies. Asin herslef has said tht when she did M Kumaran, the only tamil word she knew was 'Aama' LOL ,and she's perhaps the only actress who dubs for herself now; and Bhavana speaks Tamil rapidly now.The similarities are large in no:, mainly bcoz Mal originated frm Tamil.And there are a lot fo daily wage workers frm Tamil Nadu here;plus, Malayalees (am glad u used this word, and not 'Mallus'!)watch Tamil movies in large scale ;so I guess all Keralites will know atleast What 'Aama' and 'Podhum' means. Its tougher for those from the north!My Mum's boss is a Punjabi, and most evenings at home are fun filled with excerpts from his converstaions with others. LOL    
Karthikka IF-Dazzler
Karthikka
Karthikka

Posted: 08 May 2008 at 9:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ditty

Its tougher for those from the north!My Mum's boss is a Punjabi, and most evenings at home are fun filled with excerpts from his converstaions with others. LOL    

Reminds me of the scenes fromMouna Ragam when Revathi tries to teach the Sardarji Tamil. LOL LOL

Go to top