India-Forums

Rooprekha's fame struggle

madhy IF-Sizzlerz
madhy
madhy

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 2:06am | IP Logged
Rooprekha Banerjee's Fame struggle

Rooprekha Banerjee became a household name two years back when she won Fame Gurukul with Qazi Tauqir. However, till she got an offer for Joh Jeeta Wohi Superstar, she had to go through a lot of mental stress.

"It is true that I did not get any offer after winning the show. I had no shows or anything in my hand. You never saw me anywhere and my songs also did not do well. In fact I did one playback and it never appeared. It is very tough to get offers and establish oneself in this industry even if you have good relations with well known personalities. I really used to feel bad about it," she recalls.

Rooprekha is thankful to her family who supported her a lot during that stressful period. "They used to console me saying the situation will improve soon and I used to spend my time in riyaz," she says but adds that now she is prepared to move on. "I have started taking everything positively."

Asked what she left went wrong, she says, "In four months I won the big competition but I was not mature that time. It took me some time to digest the victory and cope with it. But now I have learnt that how to handle this commercialized world. I have learnt how to talk or behave in the industry."

Rooprekha's first album with Qazi did not do well. Now she is planning her second album after her show will get over. Her first ever film as playback signer, Chal Chala Chal which stars Govinda, Suniel Shetty and Rimi Sen is going to release soon.

source - http://www.starboxoffice.com/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/Apr il/News_20080424_253

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

*Shruti*

msti Senior Member
msti
msti

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 3:10am | IP Logged
All the best Rooprekha-- I'm glad you learnt to take things maturely Smile Tough world out there, but does teach you a few things.
Good luck with your future Smile

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top