Asha004

Posted: 03 May 2008 at 2:36pm | IP Logged

'Ektaa ma'am is very nice to me'
3 May 2008, 0000 hrs IST
,CHITRA UNNITHAN ,TNN
  Print      Write to Editor

doweshowbellyad=0;
Additi Gupta (TOI Photo)
The extra 'd' in Additi Gupta's name invites curiosity enough to ask her the reason for it.

This newcomer, an Ekta Kapoor find, was asked by the daily soap queen to add that extra 'd' to her spelling to bring luck to her serial.

"It was decided for numerological purposes. I didn't mind changing the spelling of my name. Ekta ma'am is very nice to me. She teaches me a lot of things and she narrates everything well," says Additi.

This young girl makes her debut opposite Harshad Chopra in Kis Desh Mein Hain Meraa Dil. Does she identify with the role she plays? "I am simple and not very loud like Heer in the serial. But I am entirely different when it comes to her attitude. I am not a salwar kameez girl at all and I don't completely obey my parents," she smiles.

This erstwhile aspiring fashion designing student had never thought of acting as a career option. She says, "I come from Bhopal and was doing a fashion designing course in Pune. That was when Balaji Productions had an audition in Pune and my friends insisted I go for it. I always had stage fright, but I like to dance and am more of a sports person. I got selected and I still think that is a very good break to have started with such a big serial and a great production house." So, will fashion designing now be an alternate career?

"I was having fun doing the course and fashion designing was as interesting as acting. I have taken a break for a year and will go back to studies but it may take a while given to my busy schedule."

Considering hectic schedules take a toll on the health and lives of actors, is Additi on the way to joining the brigade? "I am quite sleep deprived right now but it's not that hectic. I think it's pretty manageable." We tell Additi that the television industry is brimming with starry-eyed youngsters, who leave academics midway to pursue their glam dreams, and she says, "That's because the roles demand fresh faces. Also, time is an important factor. Senior actors can't afford to give that much time to the serials."

This pretty girl believes that it's high time the television industry got a revamp. "The audience really needs a change. People watch TV for entertainment and need to get out of the saas-bahu tracks. But these serials are popular and we have to give them what they want," she says.

Besides improving on her acting, Additi likes to travel for promotions. "I like to travel for promoting my serial. It feels nice to explore new cities and take a break once in a while," she signs off.

Here's the link to article:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/Ektaa_maam_ is_very_nice_to_me/rssarticleshow/3003981.cms

WOW!!I didn't know half the stuff Additi said about herself.Like the fact that she likes dancing and sports and doesn't really listen to her parentsOuchOuchIt surprised me....tell me wht u guyz think about her....a bit naughty...don't u think?LOLLOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

zanabegnupsk

x_nepaligurl_x Goldie
x_nepaligurl_x
x_nepaligurl_x

Posted: 03 May 2008 at 2:41pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing!
xsimzxchickx IF-Rockerz
xsimzxchickx
xsimzxchickx

Posted: 03 May 2008 at 2:56pm | IP Logged
wow thanks for sharing! shes opposite to heer! LOL
yulZ IF-Sizzlerz
yulZ
yulZ

Posted: 03 May 2008 at 3:09pm | IP Logged
mann i too got shocked when she said she doesnt wear salwar kameex AT ALL Ouch and also she doesnt obey her parents Confused LOL LOL kya yarr.. she is totalli opposite to heer LOL .. yea it s abit naughty LOL
well than thx for sharin Big smile mann m still shocked LOL
natasshafan IF-Rockerz
natasshafan
natasshafan

Posted: 03 May 2008 at 4:06pm | IP Logged
I love her pic! Embarrassed
-Jwalamukhi- IF-Stunnerz
-Jwalamukhi-
-Jwalamukhi-

Posted: 03 May 2008 at 5:11pm | IP Logged
OMG, she is soo like me, except the fact, that I do listen to my parents and she doesnt Ouch
angelic eyes IF-Sizzlerz
angelic eyes
angelic eyes

Posted: 03 May 2008 at 8:47pm | IP Logged
Thanxx a lot Sangeeta..Big smile
Iriss IF-Sizzlerz
Iriss
Iriss

Posted: 03 May 2008 at 10:53pm | IP Logged
thanx Smile

priya Big smile

Go to top