India-Forums

Dill Mill Gaye
Dill Mill Gaye

Still very very disappointed (Page 30)

hdalal IF-Dazzler
hdalal
hdalal

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 6:06am | IP Logged
@Kristal...you are welcome. Oh what a list you have compiled. Add to that the sudden switch in feelings of muskaan & rahul, shanshank becoming selfish, biased and viscious, rahul, keerti & padma developing sudden amnesia vis-a-vis AR's relationship, and so the list can continue.
Like you said, either logic be damned and watch the show, or stop watching it.

@sournsweet...arre minor bloopers and goof ups we can overlook, and we have been doing that. We have even looked over major slip ups at times, but that cannot happen with practically every track they start right?

Edited by hdalal - 04 May 2008 at 6:10am

Who-I-Used-2-Be IF-Rockerz
Who-I-Used-2-Be
Who-I-Used-2-Be

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 6:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pyaridilwalino1

Originally posted by simplyvivacious

No problem with Nana doing that. Why? 'Cause its completely in character and he's always been like that. so wait if it's in character it's fine regardless of where they do it even in a professional setting? I mean yeah that's his character, but really what patient jumps on beds and yells on top of his lungs? I personally find it very entertaining, but if you are having a prob with Ridz dance then why not Nana?

For me, cinematic liberties to a certain extent and if in character are perfectly fine. And still there's a huge, I repeat, huge difference between ridhimas item number and Nana's shouts-outs..

O.k. you want to judge my preferences then I'll judge yours.. Don't mind, hon. it's all DIScussion…you don't have a problem with ridhima dancing in the caf, means you don't look for logic and sense in a show. O.K? Then if the creatives don't take these cinematic liberties with characters like Nana, the show would turn so serious that people having a perspective like you will stop watching the show, won't you? So who'll watch the show then if even you won't?  And btw, my major problem with Ridhimas character arises from the fact that being the female lead, she's the most inconsistent of all. Nana and others like him are far more consistent. Tell me why you don't find a problem with Ridhimas character, I too will share my core secrets then..

What kind of display of love by Armaan and Ridhima? Nobody around them has a clue about them being in love. so does that mean a poster in the main hallway of a hospital, singing asmani rang, paying ward boys, stealing duppatas, files, yelling at each other because of personal problems is okay in a hospital setting?

Cinematic liberties, my dear! I think they have made mistakes with armaans character too but he's still far better than ridhima. I absolutely hated his ammy avatar and that dopatta prank was plain stupid. Btw, all the objections that I have to this show,  cant be stated in one go or in a single post…you are questioning me without even reading what I had to say in a previous post which got deleted, in which several others and I had exprssed most of the problems we are having with this show. Who says Ridhima is my only problem with the show? But yeah, my biggest issue is the butchering of her character..

In a totally serious show, these might be problems but like a lot of your contemporaries suggest, it's not a serious show at all. Or is it? Then why the item number?

No problem with Rahul-Muskaan fighting because they have a history and it too is in character, they have always fought like that. having a fighting history is fine, but is that permissible in a hospital setting? seeing doctors fight like a cat and dog is fine? really???

Cinematic liberties, again! First justify your case then I'll justify mine.

And who says I don't have a problem with Atul being a loser? I do! But your point is? What's that got to do with my problem with Ridhimas seductive dance in public?well see you seem to have a problem only with Ridz because you haven't seen a girl go to different limits...just because it isn't "in character" doesn't mean it can't happen...people change in the snap of a finger...Anjali has become so much more nicer with Atul isn't that a drastic change? Love is blooming between Muskaan and Rahul isn't that a drastic change? a minute ago she was in love with Armu! Embarrassed

Why do you presume I only have a problem with Ridhima? I have an objection to all these things. It's just that you're nitpicking my problem with ridhima and turning it around without really knowing me. So, first get your facts straight, dear..

Then I'm not going to challenge who you are.. Just for my curiosity, and you can completely choose not to answer that, would you dance to 'zara zara touch me, kiss me '' for your guy in public, where you work, when about a hundred people are watching? I don't know a single seedhi saadhi girl who can do that.well I don't know your definition of a seedhi saadhi girl..and if it seems to me that your definition of a seedi saadhi girl probably won't match my definition...so it's okay...and anyways really I just think there is no definition of a seedhi saadhi girl!Embarrassed

There's one actually, that she's 'seedhi saadhi' for real..

And I, who claim not to be a seedhi saadhi at all, would never in my wildest dreams think of strangling my self-respect like that.that's fine...someone who probably is "seedhi saadhi" may dream of dancing like that in public...and self-respect is a different thing for everyone...for me it's all about you not losing respect for yourself in your own eyes...it's not about anyone else! and if one is okay with doing something then who cares about others? Embarrassedif you do care then is it really self-respect? Confused

Ok, what did your last line mean? Caring about others means one doesn't have self-respect?

And I didn't object to her confession taking time...I objected to her 180 turn..You don't have any problem with that, then its your call...I wanted her to talk it out with Armaan, rather than going 'tum chale kyun nahi jate' eh? things are said out of anger and she admitted that herself...if that was bad then grabbing her and punching the wall missing her face is not all that good either. Embarrassed

And I don't remember ever saying grabbing and punching was good..

Ok, so does acting like Katrina implies she's not being seductive. Or that Katrina can't be seductive. Do elaborate? her challenge was to act like Katrina...Katrina in turn acted seductive in that song..and so really Ridz did what  Katrina did in the song and Armu seems to be avoiding Ridz just like Saif did in the movie. If you have seen the movie....

I have seen the movie. And previously you said she's not being seductive, she's being Katrina. And now you say Katrina was seductive in that song and she's doing that. Meaning contrary to your previous post, you are admitting she's being seductive?

Definition of a sensible gf? How about 1) She trusts her man--okay

2) If a misunderstanding arises, she sorts it out with him by communicating with him, like normal people do..hmmm normal people do...if everyone did that wouldn't it just be a perfect place? If one misunderstands the other tries to sort out the misunderstanding without getting angry and running away from the problem...if you truly love someone you fight for that someone...and make them understand...the bet happened armu did a lot and finally got her to forget it...so why couldn't that be done in that incident?

And I don't have a problem with the world being a perfect place, do you? Wink You say if you truly love someone you fight for that someone and make them understand. armaan tried a lot of times to make her understand but she simply refused to communicate with him. Period!

Want more?

My objection was directed to the creatives thereokay have a problem with the creatives...but if your having a problem with Ridz character at times and her actions in certain situations then have a look at what other characters are doing. Smile

You don't have to tell me to look. I have already reiterated several times about the other issues I have with the creatives , and by your logic should I tell you not to find faults with others if you don't find any fault with ridhima?

…if they wanted an item number so bad, they should've come up with something in private…and btw, she isn't obliged to accept a mock challenge…some people take up crazy challenges this is nothing. Wink

If they take up crazy challenges without giving a second thought then they're crazy, right? And that's what I find ridhima to be..Fair enough?

Seedhi saadhi girl can have a boyfriend and they both can do their thing...(now don't get ideas) .is there a law preventing her to do so?no is there a law preventing her to do a dance in the canteen of her hospital? Embarrassed

Yeah, didn't you know? The law of common sense and sensibility.

Edited by simplyvivacious - 04 May 2008 at 6:22am
mayah Goldie
mayah
mayah

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 6:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ifrahnaqash

@ Mayah:
yes, people are still looking for logic in this show. I mean, why shouldn't they? after all, they've wasted hours on THIS show!
tell me honestly, show ke ibtidah mein kya aap ek episode paanch paanch baar se kam dekhte they? agar nahi, toh aap ki baat sahi hai.
lekin agar haan, toh kya aapka wakt itna gair-maamooli hai ki jiske fazool main zaaya hone par aapko koi farkh nahi padhta?

am not sayin they shudnt look for logic...its jus that i've given up looking for it....i mean they can still redeem themselves....only if they apply more thought into wat goes into the program....but it seems they jus want to cater to the whims of the majority of the audience....which in this case i think happens to be young teenagers......as for the rest of ur statement.....am sorry my hindi isnt all that gr8...i didnt get wat u saidOuch.....lets jus hope th creatives bring back wat they lost....the charm of the old DMG
Richuu Goldie
Richuu
Richuu

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 6:20am | IP Logged

Originally posted by hdalal

@Kristal..you are welcome. Oh what a list you have compiled. Add to that the sudden switch in feelings of muskaan & rahul, shanshank becoming selfish, biased and viscious, rahul, keerti & padma developing sudden amnesia vis-a-vis AR's relationship, and so the list can continue.

Like you said, either logic be damned and watch the show, or stop watching it.

@sournsweet...arre minor bloopers and goof ups we can look aside, and we have been doing that. We have even looked over major slipups at times, but that cannot happen with practically every track they start right?

I agree with you Hemangi. And, what annoys me even more is that most of the members here including some of my close friends I repeat my close friends, blindly accept the introductions of the new tracks without finished endings of the previous ones. No matter how much I try to argue the logic behind a certain scene/track with them, I end up feeling that I am talking to walls, doors or any other non-living thing for that matter.

Some scenes are so out of the blue that I feel like banging my head on the wall. There are certain things that are still keeping me hooked up with the show but the moment they become too much to tolerate, I am sure I would end up throwing the trash away.

Thinking about DMG's disappointing tracks has made my B.P go high. Ouch LOL

kristal9 Senior Member
kristal9
kristal9

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 6:22am | IP Logged
@hema: Earlier we could fill pages in praise of DMG, now it's pages of disappointment.

@hema, sournsweet: While the songs were good in the beginning, they play them too often nowadays. It's plain annoying sometimes, alongwith the constant sepia tinted flashbacks.
hdalal IF-Dazzler
hdalal
hdalal

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 6:28am | IP Logged
Sarah...nice reply there

"by your logic should I tell you not to find faults with others if you don't find any fault with ridhima?"....perfect. Like i replied to one of the posts, riddhima herself said kisiko ko uthane ke liye aap khud hi gir jaao yeh sahi nahi hai. Then why doesn't that apply to her own behaviour now?

Richu...see that's the point because ppl don't want to think , just accept whatever is dished out in the name of entertainment, teh creatives are getting away with it. If the majority started expecting some sense from the show, the creatives would be forced to sit up and take notice. And like you, even i feel that we are banging our heads against a wall as far as the creatives listening to us are concerned Smile And ofcourse each one of us has a reason for still persisting with the show, though for how long only time will tell. Smile
Oh richu...don't let your BP go too high on account of DMG. It's really not worth that much worth Smile

Edited by hdalal - 04 May 2008 at 6:31am
Who-I-Used-2-Be IF-Rockerz
Who-I-Used-2-Be
Who-I-Used-2-Be

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 6:29am | IP Logged

Originally posted by hdalal

Yeah..he is getting his chocolate alright. And how!!! And he is enjoying it thoroughly too, in his imagination ofcourse, and the fans seem to be enjoying it even more!! So worth the wait it was. So why complain, just watch and get "entertained". And let's raise a toast to the "hawtest" pair on telly today.

LOLLOLLOL

'hawt' it is!  *joins the toast*  Cheerssss!!!!!!!!

hdalal IF-Dazzler
hdalal
hdalal

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 6:30am | IP Logged
Kristal...you are so right, there was a time when we had gems of posts about the directorial brilliance, acting brilliance and what not. And now!!! Kristal, not just the songs, even the frequent use of flashbacks is getting too much now. Looks more like an epi-filler doesn't it?

Go to top