Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Katrina Kaif may play Scarlet.......

Fashionholic Goldie
Fashionholic
Fashionholic

Posted: 03 May 2008 at 5:51am | IP Logged
Katrina Kaif may play Scarlet in Bollywood film

MUMBAI, MAY 2 (Agencies) — Katrina Kaif may play the role of Scarlet Keeling in Rave Party, a proposed Bollywood film to be based on the tragic death of the 15-year-old British tourist in Anjuna. Herald first broke the news that Bollywood director Prabhakar Shukla was planning a film called Rave Party based on the Scarlet Keeling episode, in its April 20 issue.

Shukla plans to shoot the film in Goa. "Since the scene of (the) crime was Goa, I want to shoot it there and give it an authentic feel," he told journalists here. For the role of Scarlet, Shukla has approached Bollywood bombshell Katrina Kaif. Incidentally, Katrina was brought up in London. She has a British mother and a Kashmiri father.

"I have approached Katrina to play the role of Scarlett. I hope she agrees to it," Shukla said. "She suits the character so well. Right now, I have no one else in mind. She is the perfect choice."

The film shoot is expected to start in July. "Rave Party will be based on what happened to Scarlet," Shukla said adding, "My film will see a Christian lady falling into the drug trap in Goa and getting killed." He also has an anti-drug crusade in mind: "I want to show the people what is happening in Goa — how there is a drug racket; how people are slowly getting addicted and ruining their lives."

He has not yet contacted Fiona MacKeown, Scarlet's mother, but hopes to meet her on a planned trip to Britain next month. "I have great sympathy for her," he said. MacKeown, however, said that she had reservations about the proposed film, which she feared would portray Scarlet in a bad light, rather than her killers and the police.

"I'd like to know how they're going to portray it, or I won't approve it," she said. "I'm not sure about calling it Rave Party. Scarlet was not at a party. She was raped and murdered on the beach."

Shukla's last film Kahani Gudiya Ki, released last year, was also based on a true story about an Indian prisoner of war held in Pakistan. "Film should be a mirror for society and people should get some inspiration or precaution from it," said the film maker.

AmritaRao-Nina IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 03 May 2008 at 9:58am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
missy14 IF-Dazzler
missy14
missy14

Posted: 03 May 2008 at 10:02am | IP Logged
how can katrina do This..she can't act Angry Angry
pomegranate IF-Sizzlerz
pomegranate
pomegranate

Posted: 03 May 2008 at 10:10am | IP Logged

Originally posted by missy14

LOL go tell this to the  film director, these days  directors are approaching her, even though she can't act.

jigglypuff726 IF-Sizzlerz
jigglypuff726
jigglypuff726

Posted: 03 May 2008 at 11:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 100%-princess

LOL go tell this to the  film director, these days  directors are approaching her, even though she can't act.

hey some people even say rani mukherji is a mediocre actress even after she did an awardworthy job in 'black'. if rani's state is that, what would be poor katrina's state?Wink

yes, we all KNOW katrina can't act but she must have something if producers are signing her left & right.Big smile

please don't say salman is influencing these producers to sign katrina, if that is the truth, he must have brainwashed nearly all of bollywood. salman neither has the time nor energy to do so.LOLLOLLOL

pomegranate IF-Sizzlerz
pomegranate
pomegranate

Posted: 03 May 2008 at 3:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jigglypuff726

Originally posted by 100%-princess

hey some people even say rani mukherji is a mediocre actress even after she did an awardworthy job in 'black'. if rani's state is that, what would be poor katrina's state?Wink

yes, we all KNOW katrina can't act but she must have something if producers are signing her left & right.Big smile

please don't say salman is influencing these producers to sign katrina, if that is the truth, he must have brainwashed nearly all of bollywood. salman neither has the time nor energy to do so.LOLLOLLOL

yeah even though katrina can't act, she is popular,  people likes her and she has that charm to draw  audiences to the theatre, There is somthing special abt her, and thats what the directors thinks thats why they sign her. ant thats what I meant  when I said "directors are aproaching her even if she can't act"   Its time people stops making a big issue abt her actin cause as they can see she is poplar and accepted amongst the  viewer despite her acting abilities.

Edited by 100%-princess - 03 May 2008 at 3:29pm
MrsAckles Goldie
MrsAckles
MrsAckles

Posted: 03 May 2008 at 5:34pm | IP Logged
HAHAHA when i saw the title i thought she was gonna play Scarlett O'hara in Indian remake of Gone with the Wind

and I was like now that will be something worth watching, Katrina's lack of any acting talent playing a complex role like that..

Edited by MrsAckles - 03 May 2008 at 5:35pm
salman-love Senior Member
salman-love
salman-love

Posted: 03 May 2008 at 10:10pm | IP Logged
well guys giver her break she is new.. n i like her.. i think she cana ct .. luv u kat

Go to top