India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Now Hussain attacks Yash Raj Films

missy14 IF-Dazzler
missy14
missy14

Posted: 03 May 2008 at 2:54am | IP Logged

MF Husain is an angry (old) man. He is making no attempt to hide his ire against none other than Yash Chopra—one of Bollywood's biggest film-makers. The reason, of course, is very close to the artist's heart— his muse, Madhuri Dixit and her comeback vehicle Aaja Nachle.

"The way the entire film was handled was appalling. I was in Dubai when it got released. I even booked an entire theatre there so that we could all watch it. But I couldn't believe the way it turned out," Husain, who was in London as a part of the jury for the Zee Cine Awards said.

"I loved her (Madhuri) in the film, but the production values of the film, the script and the way it was handled were very shoddy. I blame only Yash Chopra for this debacle. A star like Madhuri didn't deserve to make a comeback in a film like that," he fumed.
So does he want to make up for that by making another film with his muse? "No, I have already made a film with her (Gajagamini). I have decided that I want to make only three films in my life, out of which I have already made two. The next film I have in mind is a comedy."

Does he have anyone in mind for the main role? "I am still in the middle of scripting it, but perhaps Amrita (Rao) will be a part of it." Not surprising, since Husain has made no attempt to hide his admiration for the Vivaah girl.

However, ask him about his 'exile' from India, and he gets cagey. "I am not hurt by anyone's comments or actions. It's a free country and everyone is free to make their opinions public."

Doesn't he miss India then? "Actually, I don't. Simply because, you cannot miss something that is always in your heart—India is always in my thoughts, in my heart and in my art. So where is

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top