India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Destiny’s Salute- Epilogue p10 (Page 4)

pakirani Goldie
pakirani
pakirani

Posted: 01 June 2008 at 8:56pm | IP Logged
wow!!! ur chapters shud have been the actual drama!!! u have the best FF!

eternal IF-Rockerz
eternal
eternal

Posted: 07 June 2008 at 5:31pm | IP Logged

Getting out of my bed, I rush towards the bathroom to take yet another shower, to relax my tensed muscles. Goodness, that workout yesterday really had done it, a little sore here and there but everything had worked out perfect, maybe today the 'men' would learn to respect us women equally, and understand that God created all equal. Meaning women as well…but then again that pleasant thought was completely ignored. Of course, that is what everyone would think at first glance, when I walked out of the bathroom and heard General Shashank yell at Rupa for crying.

I stood there, with my arms crossed why was Rupa crying? And then it hit me like a boulder, her feet were bleeding, covered in blood. I rushed towards her, worrying that no serious damage had been caused. General Shashank turned around and opened his mouth to speak, but I shut him up! "listen man, I don't have time to listen to your bull, her foot is bleeding, now will you back off, I don't care if you're a general or whatever, you're a human being first and if you can't feel pain for rupa's bleeding foot covered in shards of glass, then I have no clue how the hell you got to this position!"

"rupa, are you okay, is it really bad?" I asked rupa concerned. Rupa nods her head, while General Shashank, glares at me and mutters under his breath for my rustication. I smirk he couldn't do anything about me and neither would I let him.

"rupa, put your hand on my shoulder, and take all your weight off your bleeding foot, okay! Just relax you'll be fine!" I say. Rupa fiddles with her fingers and slightly puts her weight on me as I help her walk towards our room. 

Photobucket

"that is it Heer, I can't take no more of that little girl! She thinks she can talk to me like that not once but twice and get away with it, I will have her dealt with, no one gets away with insulting me twice!" General Shashanks yells in anger.

Madam Heer turns around and smirks, "your just saying that shashank because you know she is right, if you learned to respect women then you would not be in this position today, humiliated and degraded. It was time you were taught a lesson, that you never learned in years of service, when you yourself now, how strong women have become today, and you should have known by now, or at least thought about me, I wouldn't be standing next to you like this just for bullshit, I worked hard until the end and I continue doing so, what you never could do I do for you…and its about time you learned to respect us women, and your wife, me!"

Shashank slumped into his seat, and fiddled with his fingers. This was one reason why heer never respected him much. He spoke in response, "im sorry Heer, I am terribly sorry!"

Heer rolled her eyes and wiped the tears trickling down her face, "its too late now shashank, too late!" 

Photobucket

"Ouch, Manya please just leave it!" Rupa screams as I pulled out the shards from her foot. I looked up and smiled at her, "it's just two pieces left Rupa, be a strong girl, you can deal with it, I know you can! And just think right after this you can rest your foot!" rupa pouts. "fine."

Rupa looks around the room, trying to find something that would distract her from the pain. Finally it clicked, as I pulled out the long shard from her foot, rupa spoke. "Manya, how do you do it?"

I glance at her "do what?" rupa pretends she didn't hear it "I mean, how do you confront all those who discriminate against us?" I smile at her.

"some things do not need one to unleash their anger, I just find it hard to believe someone would disrespect a woman, because of her gender, I mean, men should be thankful to women, if it weren't for their mother they would not be alive. A mother, has the right to decide the fate of her child. If she had wished she could have let her baby just die before birth, but a mother is so attached to her child whether it be a girl or a boy she loves the child until her death and beyond, so why and how does a man not understand the love a women can give to a man, and that if it weren't for us men would be wiped out of existence. But I guess, some things are harder for a man to understand, and that's another reason why im not leaving this camp, not unless I force the others to understand how important we are"

Rupa nodded "you know your one of a kind, I'm glad to have such a good friend like you, first for yelling at Shashank sir because he wouldn't let me pull out the shards and forced me to listen to him and second because your such a sweet person" Rupa smiled affectionately.

Photobucket

I glance around in surprise, General Shashank was not here with us today, apparently he had left camp for some other personal business back home. Hmmm. I sighed there was more to that than anything else. Was it because of me, he left?

My thoughts were interrupted with a sharp whistle from behind me. I twirled around and found Madam Heer smiling at me affectionately. I smiled back and listened carefully. "as all of you know, Shashank sir is not here today, he left earlier for some unfinished business just about 5 kilometers away, now he has given me charge for today, and as per routine we will start this business. All of you are expected to finish this route in half an hour, go through the tires, climb your way through the mud path, through the tunnel, jump over those boxes and finally across the monkey bars in military position. Now are all of you ready?"

"yes ma'am" all shouted. I glanced at the track this appeared easier than yesterday, but there was one thing I worried about and those were the boxes, my height 5'2" could not jump over a box that was higher than me. I sighed and stood in line.

One by one all disappeared running through the course, sweating there selves apart, while I stared in amazement at akash. His body sculpt, his even breathing, his facial expressions as he went through the course, never leaving that look of pride and stern, proving he was one of a kind. I smiled to myself, but turned crimson red when I found Madam Heer gazing at me thoughtfully.

That's when I knew it, I was in for it, instead I found her winking at me. I blushed hard and glanced down at my thick and ugly black military boots. Whoever had designed those had one horrible taste in shoes, I would surely give them a piece of my mind sooner or later.

Finally, the whistle blew again, it was time for me to run the track now. Taking a deep breath I rush forward pacing myself to not stop short of breath and forget to live up to the expectations I had created for myself. The day would be long but something that I would not forget to accomplish with all my might.

Photobucket

Sulking I walked into my room, yet never forgetting to keep my head held high, it was a significance of my pride for myself. Sighing, I stop outside my room and hear someone walk behind me. I turn around alarmed and a bit scared inside but never would I let that feeling ever appear on my face. I take a deep breath and relax myself, it was only akash.

"hi akash!"

"hi manya. How are you?" I nodded positively and wait to hear why he was outside my dorm "is there anything you needed or wanted?"

"ummm no…and yes…I mean how is rupa? Is she okay? I heard about her little accident, I hope its not bad or anything?" I smile slightly, "she's fine, just needs to stop straining her foot and she'll be up and about in a few days" an awkward silence filled the air, trying to remove it I finally spoke.

It's quite late I think you should go now, you know don't want anyone thinking something else and plus its past our 'bedtime' cya tomorrow, bye."

"yeah, take care bye." he smiles slightly and walks away

Next Part: Camp out...

Edited by Mimi_Rani - 07 June 2008 at 5:50pm
Shafoo IF-Sizzlerz
Shafoo
Shafoo

Posted: 07 June 2008 at 6:09pm | IP Logged
cooolllllll chapter 5 wowow amazing manya stand for herself now rupa also liked her now she help her
pakirani Goldie
pakirani
pakirani

Posted: 07 June 2008 at 6:43pm | IP Logged
amazing!!
eternal IF-Rockerz
eternal
eternal

Posted: 15 June 2008 at 6:33pm | IP Logged
next part up in a bit...thanx for the comments everyone from the beginning til now Embarrassed
cutemini Senior Member
cutemini
cutemini

Posted: 15 June 2008 at 7:51pm | IP Logged
awesome part. upadte soon and are you making it a akanya ff
eternal IF-Rockerz
eternal
eternal

Posted: 15 June 2008 at 8:20pm | IP Logged

@cutemini: im sorry dear its an mk fan fiction...i already have a few parts typed up...im sorry...hope you dont mind..but i'll add something after Karan comes in if i can do anythingEmbarrassed

Edited by Mimi_Rani - 15 June 2008 at 8:56pm
eternal IF-Rockerz
eternal
eternal

Posted: 15 June 2008 at 8:56pm | IP Logged

The next morning, the sun rays flash on my face, startling me, as I slowly open my eyes and move my face towards the other end of the bed. Just then I hear my name being called very well rather curiously. "Manya, Manya it's time to leave for the camp. Hurry before, sir walks in!" My eyes open quickly, I push the covers off me and rush towards the bathroom. Luckily there was no line, although I woke up quite late, I rush and rush out in a record timing of ten minutes, dressed completely, brushed teeth and smelling better.

Heading off to my room, I grab all the other necessities, my bag, and put my hiking boots on; then making a run for it I rush towards the bush, nearly catching it before the doors closed. Thankfully, Rupa had saved me a seat, I put my bag in the compartment and settled down, quietly listening to all that General Shashank had to say. "Welcome all of those who came early and on top, and to those of you who came late, just beware I am not currently happy with you, and it'd be better if you learned to come on time!" I could have sworn he glanced at me for a fraction of a second, but moved his eyes before he continued. I frowned, he wasn't letting go of his grudge, great I loved challenges, if he was going to play rough, wait until I begin playing. I chuckle under my breath and ignore the words coming out of his mouth, rolling my eyes every second or now when I did pay attention.

Photobucket

The bus came to a halt just outside of a little camp, I groan, I hated this place, I used to come to this place just a few more miles outside of Mumbai, with my friends. Bad memories, loved falling me; I mentally kick myself for not bringing a camera. What can I say I love this place and I hate it. Grabbing my bag, I rush out and feel myself being dragged away towards my favorite tree. Whoever was touching me, turned sideways to make sure no one was watching and then twirled me around, as if were dancing! I mean can you believe this guy, well actually I am not even sure if it is a guy, but I had a feeling it was a guy!

I open my eyes and see Akash smirking at me! A sickening growl erupts through my throat, unleashing full power as Akash steps back a few steps, no longer wearing that ugly little smirk on his face. Startled by my sudden expressions, he continues moving back; and finally after a ten foot distance yacks, well actually he was speaking but he sounded like the nagging duck that yacks and yacks, never stopping. I mentally kick myself for not paying attention to him, but then feel myself being lost in his eyes, glancing at me as he continued speaking. His lips moved gracefully, open, close, wow! Wait a minute did I just do that! OH MY God! I can't believe myself, I just tuned him out and I was thinking about him! I start to hyperventilating, Akash notices and rushes towards me, shaking me until my breathing was under control. I glance into his eyes full of worry, and find concern for me! Yayy! I nearly scream my insides at him, while a small smile plays its way at the corner of my lips.

"Manya are you okay? You got me worried, everything fine, do you need to sit?" Akash blurted out innocently, I nod my head no; he finally begins calming down as I relax against the tree and ask him to continue. "Manya, I'm sorry for misbehaving the other night, and Om is sorry for misbehaving as well, I mean it's hard for us men to see women working as police officers, for some reason it hurts our ego because we have always seen girls as the weaker gender, I mean like the other day Rupa's condition when her feet were bleeding, she was silently taking it until you came and yelled at General Shashank. That was when we realized, we should be respecting you more, the way you stood up made me and Om think what you were made of, I mean we've never seen someone so full of anger, it looked like you were going to snap sir's head off, never have I seen a girl with so much anger, before you. I like it, and I hope you can forgive me! Please it's an earnest request." I squint my eyes, and pout slightly, he chuckles at me and walks near me, "love the pout babes, and I'll take that as a yes!" he kisses my cheek quickly before I can say anything and walks away before I processed what happened.

I frown, and make faces behind his back. He turns around and winks at me, I glare at him with my crazy eyes, but he just smirks back and blows me another kiss. I cross my arms and stand there trying to allow my anger to calm down, counting backwards from 100, 99, 98, 97.…but no that didn't help, instead I grew angrier, for some reason I was loosing control way too fast around Akash, it was like he did it on purpose. A small smile appears on my face, thinking of his name, just the name had a rhythm to it, I sigh, things were now suddenly out of control .

Photobucket

"Hey Manya, come and sit here, naa!" I glance towards Rupa, and walk over. "So, any plans of where you want to work, after you've "graduated" training here?" Rupa asks with curiosity. "Mhmm, I plan on heading somewhere near my home, so just a few miles out, to ride back and forth!" I smile slightly just thinking about being in the uniform, although this was not my dream I was beginning to feel as though it were.

"Manya!" I look up. "Looking GORGEOUS!" Akash winks at me. I feel my face turn crimson red, as I stumble to say something back, Rupa glances at Akash and me, and walks away quickly. I watch her walk away and realize something is up, but then again Rupa is always like that. I turn my attention once again towards Akash, "Looking rather HOT, you ugly panda, duffer, Buddha, chindichor!" I scream back and run away from the fire while Akash tries chasing me. Eventually he catches up when I think he was "done" my mistake he wasn't, instead he startled me by grabbing me by the waist and spinning me around. My laughter fills the air, Om, Gul, Rupa, and the others watch smiling. Finally after ages Akash lets go, I step on his foot with my boots and run behind Gul, pulling him into a hug from the back.

Photobucket

General Shashank walks out of his tent, his walk full of anger, something had happened that angered him. "Stop messing around everyone, we are not here to have fun, we are here to track down your senses and find the terrorists lurking in the jungle! Do you understand, now I have decided who stays with you, Akash, Om, and Gul are together, Arjun, Sanjay, Ajay are together and from the girls Manya [his tone was livid when he spoke my name], Rupa, Gurdeep are together and Payal, Ayesha and Kareena are together. Now all of you head off to your respective tents and no one go in either tents, I don't care if you ask for permission I do not want any of the guys in the girls' tents or the girls in the guys' tents. Understood?" all nod while I frown, I mean look at the thoughts of this guy, creep, I mutter under my breath and feel his gaze rest upon me. "you better understood!" his tone full of sharpness and his eyes refusing to let go of me.

Photobucket

The next morning I walked out of my tent, dressed in my khaki's, a white tee, my hiking boots and hair pulled back into a ponytail, ready for this mission we were being forced to do. I glance around my surroundings and wait for the others to arrive, after an hour or so the others began walking near me rather restless. That's when I waited, my eyes on every single person, someone was missing. My eyes turn anxiously one way or the other. "Where's Ayesha?" my voice startles everyone. "Ayesha! Ayesha! Ayesha! Ayesha!" everyone begins screaming her name, glancing this way and that hoping to find her somewhere nearby. An hour goes by but no sign of her, all the tents checked but she was no were near.

Suddenly Om's voice rang throughout the entire camp. "This is why you Woman are not respected much here, damn it now because of you all of will be punished, those who did nothing just because of of that that girl! If I get in trouble I swear I will make sure none of you girls will stay here! Understood?" his voice full of fury, I glare at him and a snarl rips through me, "keep your bloody mouth shut, you beast, no body gives a damn if you get in trouble, whats more important is there is a person lost from camp without any trace and that too in a forest where bears, mountain lions, lions and tigers hang around effortlessly, now unless you want anything happening to the rest of us or Ayesha! I hope you get of your lazy bum, shut your mouth and start looking!" I walk away, and grab a few flashlights just incase it got late, I threw one towards Rupa, Sanjay, and Akash.

Om flared behind me cursing me under his breath but I could care less, my friend was out there in the wilderness, with no food, no protection and with a lot of intruders. I head north with the rest of the gang, 3 north, 3 west and 3 east while 3 others stayed back just incase Ayesha arrived anytime soon and were to sent a smoke bomb in the air. Hours passed by, and I kept watching for Ayesha but to no help, she was no were near the camp. My breathing quickened, what if something happened to her, oh god I feared the worst but I wouldn't give up just yet. I break off from the group looking around for her. They hours continued passing by, and darkness finally filled the forest, I turned my flashlight looking around for her continuously screaming her name.

I branch snapped behind me, I stopped dead in my tracks, forgetting to breath. The footsteps came near me and lightly tapped me on my shoulder. I turned around too fast, the flashlight hitting the ground and snapped off. I looked up and noticed Akash staring at me, surprised, "sorry! Did you find her yet?" I nod negatively and reach down to grab the flashlight smacking it against my hand to turn it back on, but it refused to side with me. Akash and I walked side by side screaming for Ayesha. I continued walking but backwards not noticing a ditch in front of me. I fell with a snap my foot badly hurting. "Akash, Akash, help please!" I screamed from the bottom of the pit. He rushed near me and froze, I was at the bottom of the pit covered with scratches on my knees, my arms and a little on my head, reaching lower he grabbed my hand and began pulling my hand when suddenly….

To Be continued on Tuesday!

Edited by Mimi_Rani - 15 June 2008 at 9:03pm

Go to top