Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aparna_BD thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Life for rent pray tell what part of this was offensive to you ? Also in your debate all you said was " don't want my wife to work" . why ? "because don't want her tired ."
So everybody will refer to your statemant and try and debate this with you . Nobody is getting personal but we will argue this with you as its a debate forum !!

Another question ? Are you for real ? Or were you kidding when you made the statement " Don't want wife to get tired !!" Imagine what would happen to India if more men had similar views like this !! They all would not allow their wives to work on the excuse " we don't want you tired dear !!" Imagine what would happen to our country !! Back to purdhah system !!Edited by indygirl - 18 years ago
Signora2 thumbnail
Life for rent wrote:
well thn i need to talk to gm for making personal remarks

Good lord,I would like to add here, life for rent, in the entire debate you started with 'I' stating your own personal ability to do all the chores, both at home and outside but never qualified it with a answer to the q how do u do it? when u quote person 'I', you got to prove it how adept are u in doing everything all by yourself ?
But you failed to do, Indy girl wanted to ask tips as she narrated her personal experience.
Please do not misconstrue between personal attack and speaking from personal experience. There is a lot of difference between the two.
Signora2

Edited by Signora2 - 18 years ago
uma_shanmugam thumbnail
Ya I agree with Indygal & Signora2. A person whn debating should be rdy to protect them and their statements. We not trying to offend anyone in any manner. Just curiosity in mind wondering the possibilities. And can say eagerness to know how things being managed. We gt tht in mind as things on words are not possible whn it comes to practical. So wanted to know the secret beyond the success 😃 So in debate column I guess a person should stand on their words and give reasonable facts/tips to support their statements.
Cool_girl_2145 thumbnail

Originally posted by: indygirl

Life for rent pray tell what part of this was offensive to you ? Also in your debate all you said was " don't want my wife to work" . why ? "because don't want her tired ."
So everybody will refer to your statemant and try and debate this with you . Nobody is getting personal but we will argue this with you as its a debate forum !!

Another question ? Are you for real ? Or were you kidding when you made the statement " Don't want wife to get tired !!" Imagine what would happen to India if more men had similar views like this !! They all would not allow their wives to work on the excuse " we don't want you tired dear !!" Imagine what would happen to our country !! Back to purdhah system !!

LOL..Indygirl...you go girl....i am with u👏👏....i am married..currently working...also looking after home....my husband is not aganist my work..i mean i can never think about staying home wihtout working...it just drive you crazy.....i hate staying home...women should work..good for health, u learn a lot....it's good to active urself...

Life for Rent....don't take it personally...you gave ur opinon..i gave mine...

Aparna_BD thumbnail
Thx girls !! 😊 But now life for rent doesnot want to debate with us any more !! 😉
chikoo thumbnail
Good job girls! Working women get respect in society. All husbands love their wives but working woman's husband can not take her for granted as well as in-laws. She can walk with high heads and in times of crisis, she can take charge.

But, in any case, women are home-maker. They still have the responsibility towards their family. So, in a nutshell, there's more expection from working women than a housewife.

Also I agree, household chores are much taxing and boring than going out and work. 😃
Life for Rent thumbnail

LOL..Indygirl...you go girl....i am with u👏👏....i am married..currently working...also looking after home....my husband is not aganist my work..i mean i can never think about staying home wihtout working...it just drive you crazy.....i hate staying home...women should work..good for health, u learn a lot....it's good to active urself...

Life for Rent....don't take it personally...you gave ur opinon..i gave mine...

cheers i found logic in ur sentence....dats how u deal with ppl....

for some ppl my advice is "don just talk for sake of talking"

Edited by Life for Rent - 18 years ago
sowmyaa thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Well we had this debate long time ago. Not sure if new members would like to add their input. However, refrain from quoting anyone as lot of these members are not around anymore 😊
shikara thumbnail
I'll be the first newbie commenting! I delivered my son on Monday and I worked till that Friday and I wasnt so tired as I am now staying at home. Give me choice and anyday I would be out there working vs. staying at home. I am only doing it cause I feel my son needs me right now as he is only 7 months old. and even then I am contemplating going back to school so I'll have something to do!!!! I am so envious of my husband as I am so starved for adult company.

And so many women here mentioned it is important to be financially independent cause one day the kids will grow up and leave and then what will you do?

And yes as the original poster mentioned my Mom has always worked and still does now and as result of it I feel both she and I are more confident, elequonet and self assured women who stand up for what they believe in and what is right.

I believe every women who has a daughter should work as the message you give her with out even speaking a word is a gift she will take through her life, her relationships and to her kids.
Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: shikara

I'll be the first newbie commenting! I delivered my son on Monday and I worked till that Friday and I wasnt so tired as I am now staying at home. Give me choice and anyday I would be out there working vs. staying at home. I am only doing it cause I feel my son needs me right now as he is only 7 months old. and even then I am contemplating going back to school so I'll have something to do!!!! I am so envious of my husband as I am so starved for adult company.

And so many women here mentioned it is important to be financially independent cause one day the kids will grow up and leave and then what will you do?

And yes as the original poster mentioned my Mom has always worked and still does now and as result of it I feel both she and I are more confident, elequonet and self assured women who stand up for what they believe in and what is right.

I believe every women who has a daughter should work as the message you give her with out even speaking a word is a gift she will take through her life, her relationships and to her kids.

👏  Completely agree with you.