Page 1 of 7

Page 1
Page   of 7
Page 2 Page 7

-misha

IF-Sizzlerz

-misha

Posted: 21 September 2005 at 6:17am | IP Logged

My mom's a working women . she still finds time for us.

But many ppl consider it wrong for women to work. what do u think?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Working women?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Life for Rent

Goldie

Life for Rent

Posted: 22 September 2005 at 5:56am | IP Logged
i do believe this. my thinking is different.. what i believe being in this world why should my wife work... hard.. i cant see this ..... so let me do this

Naina_Manam

IF-Dazzler

Naina_Manam

Posted: 22 September 2005 at 7:10am | IP Logged
Well that all depends on the woman. If she can manage time then I think there should be no problem but if she is not giving enough time to the family then it's a problem. So Mishu in your case it's not wrong.

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 22 September 2005 at 7:29am | IP Logged
well i totally desagree wiht life for rent. I think it's not about working hard....women sometimes does not feel work as a "burden"...i think it is good and healthy for everyone be it men or women to get away from house and go outside and work...its important to go outside and see the world changing learn lots of things and have ur own social life apart from family life. I have 3 year old and I stopped working when she was born. once she was 2 i started working part time till date. It was so much needed...i was stuck with baby all the time at home.. i felt like my brain was getting rust taking care of baby, cooking, watching tv and socializing all day. Women needs to get out work talk with other people about current issues discuss their ideas learn new things at work everyday...it's a sense of achievement i think.

Kids need their parents love in intial life. I work when my daughter goes to preschool...my husband drops her off and i pick her back while going home. she loves going to school, playing with otehr kids..i cook 2 meals everyday and take her to park and plya date in evening...i dont think her growth is affected at all due to my working.... my husband spends time with her while i am cooking and thats a great bond between father and a daughter. some fatehr only works and dont spend time with kids they think its mom's duty..but thats not true... father-child relatiion is equally imp. I was always so close to my mom and till date she is my best friend... my dad was working most of the time and when he comes home i was getting ready to sleep 'coz i had school next day..due to that i still have distant relashionship with my father... he is not close to me as much as my mother. i dont want that with my daughter and neither do my husband.

Also, i have seen once kids grow out they move away from paretns... if women are not working its very hard for them to be imotional breakdown at that point. she is so much involved around kids life that its hard for her to see her life as an individiual....so its very imp. to have ur own working life i and strongly believe working women concept..but some women work so much that they neglect family life which is what i dont like. you should not be that career oriented that you neglect ur family.

Also, i remember when i was young my grandmother was still alive and i used to argue with her all the time.. when girl is young she lives in her father's house
when lady is married she lives in her husband's house
when women is old (in india specially) she lives in their children's house...

so where where is her "own" house? I think society is changing and women have relaized their value for what and where they stand in this circle of life. They are very flexible and get used to situation and new life very easily, but it is men's duty to give their thier space and let them decide what they want to do.. if they want to work or stay home.

Edited by bgdesai - 22 September 2005 at 7:34am

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 22 September 2005 at 9:43am | IP Logged
beautifully put bgdesai!! I completely agree with you Thumbs Up

I want to ask people like "life for rent " why shouldn't your wife work....hardThumbs Down . As adults its important for us to utlise all of our energies doing something constructive .

And i believe men should share in the house work with women , including raising a child!! So if a woman goes out to work and comes home to look after her family , why should the man sit on his haunches and relax. He's got equal responsibility at home .
Although i feel when the baby is very young , a woman needs to bond with her child and needs to put her career in the back seat( but not quit....if thats possible ) and give importance to her baby at the early infant stage. I can't say its wrong if she doesn't , all i can say its a personal choice as to how much that bonding experience means to you. 

Edited by indygirl - 22 September 2005 at 9:45am

Life for Rent

Goldie

Life for Rent

Posted: 22 September 2005 at 3:54pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by indygirl

beautifully put bgdesai!! I completely agree with you Thumbs Up

I want to ask people like "life for rent " why shouldn't your wife work....hardThumbs Down . As adults its important for us to utlise all of our energies doing something constructive .

And i believe men should share in the house work with women , including raising a child!! So if a woman goes out to work and comes home to look after her family , why should the man sit on his haunches and relax. He's got equal responsibility at home .
Although i feel when the baby is very young , a woman needs to bond with her child and needs to put her career in the back seat( but not quit....if thats possible ) and give importance to her baby at the early infant stage. I can't say its wrong if she doesn't , all i can say its a personal choice as to how much that bonding experience means to you. 

well im nt against with working..... what i said is my personal point of view... u can say i m bit romantic.. but to be fair i cant see my wife working.......  

Arshia

Arshia

Posted: 22 September 2005 at 5:29pm | IP Logged
women should work if they want to.

frosty

Goldie

frosty

Posted: 22 September 2005 at 6:53pm | IP Logged
I believe that a woman should work. I sincerely believe that men and
women are equal and so what is good for the goose is good for the
gander. If a woman wants to work she does have the right to. She should
be able to choose. I completely agree with bgdesai, women need to be