Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Kareena is my muse - Pritham

ajooni IF-Rockerz
ajooni
ajooni

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 10:27am | IP Logged

Kareena has got a hold over Pritam Click here to add this article to My Clips

By Subhash K. Jha, May 2, 2008 - 11:43 IST

Kareena Kapoor has just danced with Shah Rukh Khan for the second time. It's for Priyadarshan's Billo Barbar. And its composer Pritam Chakraborty is sure that it will be a smash hit like Kareena's other item song 'Yeh Mera Dil' with Shah Rukh in Don. Says Pritam, "The Don song was a re-mix. My item song 'Theek Hai Theek Hai' sung by Sunidhi Chauhan and Sukhwinder for Kareena and Shah Rukh in Billo Barbar is an absolute original. And if today I'm doing my most creatively satisfying work, I give Kareena a lot of credit for it.

"What is it about Kareena Kapoor that our new-age composers get inspired by her? Earlier he wasn't supposed to do the music in Golmaal Returns. "But then I heard Kareena is part of the sequel. And I kicked myself, 'Shit I wish I could do it.' To my good fortune Vishal-Shekhar who were supposed to do Golmaal Returns, backed out. I jumped in, rang up Shekhar and asked him, 'Tu nahin kar rahan hai?' When he confirmed they were out, I was over the moon. I've composed a rocking item song 'Maine Tujhse Pyar Kiya Hai' for Kareena in Golmaal Returns."

Earlier Anu Malik used to claim that he formed an indelible team with Kareena. With all his big projects from her debut Refugee to Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai to the ambitious (though not successful) Yaadein, Main Prem Ki Deewani Hoon and Khushi, Anu had once said to me. "I don't know what it is about Bebo. But she brings out the best in me. And I think I do the same for her."

Now suddenly once again Kareena is the muse for another composer. The high-flying Pritam Chakraborty, who's just composed two songs 'Don't Stop' and 'Jai Jai Shiv Shankar' for Shah Rukh's Knight Riders, thinks Kareena is his lucky mascot. "It's more than that actually. I just feel I'm linked by a creative satellite to her. It started with the 'Its Rocking' item-song in Kya Love Story Hai. You've to admit it presented Kareena like never before. And it brought me loads of popularity too. Then I did Jab We Met which I think is a turning point in my career. If it wasn't for Kareena my songs like 'Yeh Ishq Haye', 'Mauja Hi Mauja' and 'Nagara' wouldn't have become a rage. And no matter what some people say 'Yeh Ishq Haye' is an original composition. I'd say if today I'm doing original work it's because Kareena inspires me."

So taken up is Pritam with his new-found muse that he wants to compose for all of Kareena's films. "I know that isn't possible. But I'd like to try," says Pritam emotionally.

missy14 IF-Dazzler
missy14
missy14

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 11:20am | IP Logged
That's sweet Smile
abhikidiwani Goldie
abhikidiwani
abhikidiwani

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 11:31am | IP Logged
thanks
desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 11:45am | IP Logged
Aww, I love pritam! I always supported him ever since Gangster came out. What beautiful music, so i was happy when i found out he was signed for JWM. And what music!
-Aleeza- IF-Dazzler
-Aleeza-
-Aleeza-

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 11:51am | IP Logged
So sweet of him to say that Embarrassed .
maha786 IF-Rockerz
maha786
maha786

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
i like pritam as a composer i really liked his music in JWM, gangster, Life in a metro..
jncblr Senior Member
jncblr
jncblr

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 2:17pm | IP Logged

"Original work" and Pritam! That's laughable! More than 80% of his songs are direct lift offs from foriegn lang bands.

Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkuGm_7sWdA

Edited by jncblr - 02 May 2008 at 2:17pm
pg17 Senior Member
pg17
pg17

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 3:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by maha786

i like pritam as a composer i really liked his music in JWM, gangster, Life in a metro..

You need a reality check my friend - Pritam has no muse he is a bloody thief

Refer to this where I posted the originals of most of his songs - all his hits !!! What a loser!!!

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=886959

Go to top