India-Forums

Kayamath
Kayamath

Ayesha that bad?? Surely not! (Page 2)

ProdigalStudent IF-Dazzler
ProdigalStudent
ProdigalStudent

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 9:28am | IP Logged
I agree with Pippa. Btw I didn't know about the Mumbai Mirror article, but seriously? I remember there was a poll conducted in the earlier days of Kayamath of who is the best character in Kayamath, and Ayesha got the highest votes in comparison to the rest.

If you read the oldest threads, everyone loved Ayesha the best. It was such a joy to watch a character like her. Usually woman in soaps are portrayed in a pretty regressive manner, Ayesha had guts. And I also used to usually sympathize with her. That is until she became black-evil.

And also like Neevs action would be if he turned black-evil, Ayesha's actions are not consistent. I distinctly remember Ayesha turning negative because of the mistreatment to her mother, I don't think this only accounts for the making her mental mother marry forcefully to another mental guy. That was just the impetus, mostly is because of the injustice of it all.

Here was a girl who was living in absolute poverty, whose mother had turned MENTAL because Inder Shah had left her. Infact Ayesha was never taken care of, she always took care of her mother. The reason, because Inder Shah unwittingly chose Prachi over her. That pain, from her whole life, watching her mothers obsession over Inder, wearing her bridal dupatta, having no father etc. just transformed into a desire for revenge, a desire to make Prachi suffer for all the times she suffered. Her actual target was Inder, but since he died, she chose the person because of whom Inder left her mother. Inder was the cause for Ayesha's mistrustful attitude. Infact Ayesha is the one who encouraged Milsi to make a name for himself, to earn some money. But she couldn't trust herself to love him, because the ill consequences of love were staring right at her face in the form of her mother. Mostly it wasn't revenge for herself, but her mother who spent 20 years waiting for Inder, whose condition Ayesha watched closely. Whose happiness she felt was injustly stolen.

The problem is now Ayesha hardly thinks about her mother, and its all about Prachi. I suspect the creatives have bought this change to make Ayesha fully evil, with no scope for redemption. Only problem is, its not consistent , Ayesha did this all for her mother, why would she forget the mother? Plus the mother is mental, wouldn't she be around, making a lot of noise in the Shah house.

Plus if you check the trend of BT. Only the lead character can be really nice, any rivals of her age, have to turn into evil/ horrible people, perhaps to provide a stark contrast to the lead character.

But whatever I said, being a fan of early Ayesha, I feel pretty cheated with the way her character has been handled. Because the creatives really had scope to make her the one with the author-backed role!!! Smile

Edited by meteora_smt - 02 May 2008 at 9:30am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Kali-

krangara IF-Rockerz
krangara
krangara

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 9:49am | IP Logged

Being part of a dysfunctional family is not reason enough to mastermind the kidnapping of a helpless baby, plot the murder of an innocent woman, or play with the feelings of the very same man she claims to love

Ayesha had Milind's love, Sukruti's respect and Prachi's friendship, but she, unfortunately, took every relationship for granted. In fact, I completely symphathized with her when she avenged her mother's honor, but I stopped symphathizing with her when she purposefully stole someone else's love without even informing the man who was pining for her.

Milind loved her, trusted her, believed in her, but she callously broke his heart by marrying Neev, and later has the balls to constantly blame Prachi for stealing Milind from her.  She was cocky enough to assume that Milind would always get back to her, regardless of her actions.  She didn't expect him to fall in love with another person, and is now burning with jealousy.  Her attitude, which seemed attractive in the beginning, is the cause of her downfall.  Sorry, but, SHE and ONLY SHE is responsible for her mess. I am sure that if only she had informed Milind about her plans to drown the Shahs, he would have supported her. But she shuns him away and later cries over spilt milk.

And for someone who gloats about being extremely smart, she is actually stupid. Even today, despite all her wrongdoings, Prachi thinks only good about her. Still, A is unable to realize her sister's goodness, and constantly schemes to create havoc in her life. She refuses to realize that there are people who do indeed care about her

Why only Prachi, she doesn't even spare Sukruti!!!!!! Ayesha delibrately brainwashed Suk to elope with Saket, not once considering the consequences of her actions, not once bothering about Milind's or his family's honor.

Even today, A wants Milind not because she loves him, but because Prachi should not get him. To her, Milind is simply an object of desire or obsession. She doesn't deserve him. PERIOD

Plus, I am tired of hearing that Prachi lacks backbone. She tolerated Milind's physical and emotional abuse initially in their marriage, and later brought stability and love into his life ONLY because she has a backbone. Just because she is not the kind who talks back all the time doesn't imply that she lacks a spine. "Silent waters run deep", and when introverts like Prachi speak up, it always makes a difference, and angels like her don't even have to speak to spread love and joy everywhere. BTW, it was she, this girl who supposedly lacks a spine, who:

a. Convinced Milind about Saket and Sukruti's love *I still recall Milind's dialogue about how, despite being her brother, he never understood Suk's feelings, as opposed to Prachi.   Moreover, despite rambling on and on, he hardly makes a difference, while Prachi taught him to become a better person without saying anything....that's my doll for ya!*
b. Calmly advised Sukruti against eloping, urging her to make the right decision
c. Notified Milind's partners to not take away a project from him (before they even fell in love), therefore saving his business
d. Bravely weathered the rains and the snowfall to look out for Milind
e. Is prepared to wait for her husband's love forever
f. Protected her sis-in-law's secret at the cost of her own marriage *stupid? Yes, but only someone with guts can take such a decision*

Hell, she won Milind's love only because she has a backbone.  Prachi is gutsy, but not noisy.

Overall, although Prachi was initially boring, she has now morphed into a beautiful person that I am proud of, unlike Ayesha who has only deteriorated with time and is only dominating (WITHOUT ANY EXCUSE, sorry!)

Edited by krangara - 02 May 2008 at 10:23am
vasantha_rao07 IF-Sizzlerz
vasantha_rao07
vasantha_rao07

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 10:03am | IP Logged
Embarrassed @Kitto!!!!!!!!!!Clap

That's VCHIKIJC's gal Tongue Dancing

but her silence irritates me at timesOuch

Edited by vasantha_rao07 - 02 May 2008 at 10:03am
vasantha_rao07 IF-Sizzlerz
vasantha_rao07
vasantha_rao07

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 10:09am | IP Logged
Ouchso Ayesha was praised ...she must have deserved it at that time..Not even
Mr.Ahluwalia was mentioned in the articleWackoIt truly surprises me..

Would love to see Ayesha's scenes ..but Her chemistry with Milind gives me...Broken Heart
will upset me....Ouchso I will not watch..saw a few Vdo mixes of them..MA..was Unhappy

I can't see my gal's husband with AyeshaAngry...their chemistry was of another level..LOLBroken Heart

starplusfan777 Senior Member
starplusfan777
starplusfan777

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 2:12pm | IP Logged
I actually thank you all so much to take such great care in articulating your thoughts. optimistPippa, meteora, optimist, krangara, ify, vasantha, candyfloss all of you thank you! Such great thoughts, I can't even begin to analyze it, all really good points.

krangara - Tolerating Milind's physical and emotional abuse does not qualify for a backbone...putting him firmly but POLITELY in his face qualifies as a backbone in my humble opinion. nonoe needs to take crap from anyone. Human rights ammendement 1. "Winning" Milind's love doesn't imply she has a backbone, you don't need to win love, you need to earn self-dignity or "aatma sammaan".

Meteora: "The problem is now Ayesha hardly thinks about her mother, and its all about Prachi. I suspect the creatives have bought this change to make Ayesha fully evil, with no scope for redemption. Only problem is, its not consistent , Ayesha did this all for her mother, why would she forget the mother? Plus the mother is mental, wouldn't she be around, making a lot of noise in the Shah house. " What can I say girl, Clap Clap Clap

Pippa: "She also began to teach Prachi to develop a backbone and a mind of her own. Infact, one the biggest critics of soaps and movies, the editor of Mumbai Mirror once wrote that KYM was worth watching only for Ayesha and her tapori act and not for the bland and boring character of Prachi. "
Wow S, didn't know this bit at all, neither about the article nor about Ayesha's character.

You know, I have an intrinsic problem...I actually gravitate more towards the bad woman in any show (except perhaps Tulsi) because they always seem to have so much more in terms of a fascinating personality. Guts, flair, charisma, you name it, these girls actually have it. Also, they tend to be clear concise speakers too. They don't waste time, are intelligent and are not afraid to speak their mind. Whereas the main characters (though they might be fantastic personas in real life) are shown to be such wimps. Common guys, why can't an intelligent, opportunist, witty, loud and give a damn girl be a woman who earns every man's love and respect? We all seem like opinionated, intelligent, brash, open and affectionate women, so are we unconsiously promoting wimpy women as heroines? Going by what we like, it seems like we can't accept our own selves as heroines?

This entire seemingly pointless paragraph was fragmented by me keepnig in mind the creatives laziness/inclination to turn Ayesha into a mindless almost maniacal villian.
tumhari? IF-Dazzler
tumhari?
tumhari?

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 2:44pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by ify101

i always say,,ayesha isnt bad she is just a mental case..

completely agree she is kookoo

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 03 May 2008 at 1:46am | IP Logged

Originally posted by meteora_smt

The problem is now Ayesha hardly thinks about her mother, and its all about Prachi. I suspect the creatives have bought this change to make Ayesha fully evil, with no scope for redemption. Only problem is, its not consistent , Ayesha did this all for her mother, why would she forget the mother? Plus the mother is mental, wouldn't she be around, making a lot of noise in the Shah house.

=

I would go by what I see. Granted the creatives are a lazy bunch but then why should I break my head and wonder what would Ayesha be like if they had not ruined her. We would never know, would we, since that is not what we got to see.  The way Ayesha has turned out, looks like she always had these evil streaks in latent in her which have surfaced when she decided to choose the path of revenge and as a result lost the one person who cared for her the most.  As to why she has forgotten the mother for whom she is supposed to have done all this, to me it only goes to show that whatever be her initial trigger for the revenge she is completely lost now.  Her sense of purpose is gone.  She has become a horse with blinkers on, only seeing one thing, ie.,getting Milsi away from Prachi and to herself.  Nothing or nobody matters to her now. 

Sonia, Amrita's puzzle was finally solved.  I believe she is in a hospital and not in SM.  Remember Neev's phone call to Ayesha asking her to go to Jeevan jyoti mental asylum to see her mother and she says she is not in that asylum but in some hospital? No wonder we do not hear any sounds in SM.   

Edited by optimist - 03 May 2008 at 2:06am
ProdigalStudent IF-Dazzler
ProdigalStudent
ProdigalStudent

Posted: 03 May 2008 at 4:29am | IP Logged
Sorry for the super long post. I'm not as good at writing as you. My main problem is the fact that while somebody else might need 10 words to convey 10 things. I need a 100 words to do the same, as I'm not gifted with the art of writing brief and concise.
Originally posted by optimist

Originally posted by meteora_smt

=

I would go by what I see. Granted the creatives are a lazy bunch but then why should I break my head and wonder what would Ayesha be like if they had not ruined her. We would never know, would we, since that is not what we got to see. Hmm, I guess, this is where we differ, because I always have a fixed image of the character in my head, and I get pretty annoyed with the actions of the characters are not consistent. It would be somewhat like how I would feel if Milsi has an ONS with Ayesha, I wouldn't think his actions are consistent with the character they portrayed of Milsi. Similar with Ayesha.  The way Ayesha has turned out, looks like she always had these evil streaks in latent in her which have surfaced when she decided to choose the path of revenge and as a result lost the one person who cared for her the most. Actually I disagree with the part that she always had an evil streak, by saying that, its somewhat implied in my POV that she was born evil, and she no control over it. I think humans by nature have a good side and a bad side, and after going through so much, Ayesha took revenge. Her need for revenge did not come out of selfishness or even evilness. Her actions had a reason, a purpose. Misguided as it may be. She got completely evil only when she got consumed by her revenge. As to why she has forgotten the mother for whom she is supposed to have done all this, to me it only goes to show that whatever be her initial trigger for the revenge she is completely lost now.  Her sense of purpose is gone.  She has become a horse with blinkers on, only seeing one thing, ie.,getting Milsi away from Prachi and to herself.  Nothing or nobody matters to her now. I kinda disagree with this too, because I think the episode with Milsi and Ayesha in the office made it clear that Amrita comes first for Ayesha. If she'd been totally in her revenge mode, she would not have given a thought to her mother. But she was worried. Even ignoring that as a gesture of concern, the point is, the way Ayesha was portrayed in the beginning made it abundantly clear that the person she cared the most for was her mother. I remember this dialogue she told Neev when she decided to work with him for some CD, she said that while she might not like him, she would do anything, anything, even die for her mother. Her mother wasn't the "initial trigger" she was the main cause for the revenge, the person who played the most vital role in causing the revenge. That is why I feel it does not make sense logically to have her forget her mother. I would have accepted your reason if they'd shown Ayesha forgetting her mother gradually, but it did not happen that way, it changed overnight. Suddenly Ayesha went to someone who would die for her mother to somebody who did not spare even one thought to her mom.   I find it hard to accept the fact that Amrita whose suffering Ayesha saw everyday at her house, who Ayesha cared about the most suddenly became an insignificant factor in the scheme of things.This makes me think that the creatives wanted to remove, or negate the factor that made Ayesha human.  Or maybe they'd simply forgotten Amrita, just like they've forgotten Suyesha now. I can only speculate.

Sonia, Amrita's puzzle was finally solved.  I believe she is in a hospital and not in SM.  Remember Neev's phone call to Ayesha asking her to go to Jeevan jyoti mental asylum to see her mother and she says she is not in that asylum but in some hospital? No wonder we do not hear any sounds in SM. Well, I think this is lazy writing by the creatives and does not account for the fact that nobody in the house, even thought or cared about Amrita or to visit Amrita, or the fact that Amrita was never shown despatched to the hospital , and not to forget the primary fact that Ayesha never wanted her mother to go into a mental hospital, she thought her mother deserved better, infact again there was an episode in which her mother was about to get electrocuted, while Prachi came and saved the day. I don't remember the details but that is why I think this revelation was a last minute one, otherwise Amrita was another disappeared character just like Suyesha right now. Infact, why was Amrita sent to the hospital? Everyone in the house, besides Alaap, went alone pretty ok with her. Ayesha + Prachi definately did not want Amrita to go to the mental hospital according to my recollection. (I am a little unsure). Still if I'm wrong about the mental hospital thing, I still feel that we would've got atleast one scene of her mother, in the past 2 years (in show wise). The complete dissappearance of her mother, makes me think that its not Ayesha who lost her path, but the fact that the creatives had forgotten Amrita, and thus the real reason Ayesha had gone negative.

Btw all of the above in no way justifies Ayesha's actions. Infact her actions were justifiable only with Alaap. The suffering she inflicted on Prachi, on the Shah family is completely unjustified, however justified it might be in her own head.

I pretty much feel the creatives have butchered Ayesha's character. Because it seems somewhere down the line, her main reason for revenge has changed. I think thats why we primarily disagree, because I think it is an illogical twist, and you feel that this shows how the revenge has consumed Ayesha.

But, regardless of her reasons, I pretty much feel the same way about her as you do right now, that she is evil with no scope for redemption.

Edited by meteora_smt - 03 May 2008 at 4:35am

Go to top