jenim

Posted: 17 May 2008 at 2:37pm | IP Logged

One more video for the abs.
Killer Pilates for abs :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaSA-Ke19S4&feature=relat ed

And one more -  Pilates for abs - 10 minute solution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmek7iASeCI&feature=relat ed

Edited by jenim - 17 May 2008 at 2:49pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Anybody up for fitness club ? (Page 8)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

supree

Goldie

supree

Anandham Caption Contest Winner

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 7:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jenim

Supree -

Don't exert yourself when you are sick. That leads to some more health complications, it happened to a friend of mine. Soon after her flu subsided, she came back to the gym, only for it to relapse. So, take it easy for a few more days and then you can join in on the workout fun.

Yup.. most of us don't know about the various ab work, until such time we learn about it from the gym/books/videos etc., If you do all three, then you can get the total workout for your abs. See if you have any manual that came with your ab crunch that lists exercises that you can do - for upper, lower and the obliques. Otherwise you can do ab crunches, just lying on the floor/bench. I really wish I could post some pictures from the book that I have. But my scanner is broken :-(

I sent these links to those who PMed me for the book link. I'll also post them here. I think it should be OK, 'cos these are from youTube anyway. Some basic Pilates can be done, looking at these videos. Besides these, there are other powerful Pilates moves, just for ab training. See if you can try Pilates from these videos.. may be if you have a big screen comp monitor :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiofMIbEJeA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BETvEeh3CL8&feature=relat ed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzy4DkZyRgA&feature=relat ed

Thank you so much Jenim for your kind words... Smile and thanks. Yeah.. this is the same exact thing my hubby told me too... Don;t  exert yourself when all your body needs is good rest! Smile   It was me who got over enthusiastic and did a couple of walk sessions over the weekend on the elliptical machine. Plus the other reason was, I am not sure how much I can do during the weekdays/nights with kids activities, dinner etc.

I remember getting a Video cassette along with my Ab machine when I purchased, but honestly I don;t know where it's now. I'm sure it's in my home since I got that after we moved into this house, but need to dig in for... Embarrassed Actually I was about to PM you regarding the specific Ab links/Pilates and here you go... you posted it on the forum itself. You are so sweet Jenim. Smile Thank you so much dear!  I watched every single video/link that you gave  and a few more additioanal links too... (Youtube brings a bunch of related links whenever you view anything using the tube! Wink ).  Wow.. those girls who came on the video were so flexible and awesome! Clap Look at their abs!! Wink  Decided to try it out sometime this week... I guess I need to do these pilates right after the Cardio to get good results.. Right Jenim?!!  Will try and see and come back with my questions/doubts, which I'm sure will have some, If at all I succeed in doing these! Wink LOL.

BTW, How is your workout plan going so far Jenim?! Must be busy with your India trip too, right?!  I feel I'm getting into that trip preparation business slowly in this week. mm....m, One more thing... I forgot to mention, Though I don't see any difference myself yet, 3 of the people I meet regurlarly said this week that I have lost weight !! Wink  Go figure! Big smile

Edited by supree - 19 May 2008 at 7:42am

jenim

Goldie

jenim

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 7:45pm | IP Logged
Ha ha ha .. Supree.. nice pun there.. (Go Figure!)
Yes.. we need to figure out how to get "the figure" LOL

You know what.. with the sickness and the exercise you could have really lost some inches. No wonder people noticed it and complimented you. Smile

And I know this with my experience. At first when exercise becomes your routine, especially those workouts which build and tighten your sagging muscles, your body gains a little weight. And then together with dieting, you start losing weight. This is what happens with people who are normal to a little overweight. First gain a little and then lose a lot. I'm still in the gaining stage though - although I'm not sure if it's attributable to too much food or the building muscles part. Wink

And about the links, No probs Sup. I just posted the Pilates links. But I sent the book link via PM to those who were interested, b'cos it's a commercial link and not sure if the forum rules allow those. The book is really skinny and you probably can memorize all of the ab exercises there, if you visit Barnes and Noble and look into it a couple of times. Tell me if you are interested and I'll PM you the link for the book as well.

The past week, it was raining a lot and didn't do a lot of walking outside. Not too fond of getting on the treadmill at home. The cleaners that I had did a horrible job the last 2 times and so I took up cleaning on my own this month. I don't know if that counts as workout LOL. Seriously, I think those of us who have hired cleaners, can start doing this on our own and lose some calories while at it. And take pride in the spick and span effect.

Tell me about losing manuals. I spend most of the time rummaging thro junk at home, just to find some warranty stuff or manuals. Good luck in finding that video and also trying Pilates from YouTube.

Initially it will hurt your ab area after you've done those crunches/Pilates. If it hurts a lot, give your ab muscles a couple of days rest . And then go at it again. You might have to give it a rest every couple of days, and then after a week or two, your abs wont hurt you anymore.

To answer your question, you can just do some warm up exercises and then start doing ab related exercises. Need not necessarily follow up with ab work, after the cardios. You can alternate between ab work and cardio on diff days - that way you break the monotony in workouts.

My India trip is not next month. So I still have some more time to shop. Since it will be my first trip in many many years, I think a lot will be expected. Wink

I need some tips on what to buy. If you don't mind I will PM you on this soon.

supree

Goldie

supree

Anandham Caption Contest Winner

Posted: 24 May 2008 at 5:14am | IP Logged

Thanks Jenim! Smile

Thanks for all those answers to my Qs Jenim. Clap Alternating days idea sounds really good. Will try those Pilates and let you know how it went! Wink Could you please PM me the link for that book you had mentioned. Will keep an eye out to find that book... when possible.

Right after the weekend workout I didn't do much during the week (I expected this...) as I was busy with 'End of School' week and kids activities...etc.  Your word on cleaning part is correct Jenim. We don't have cleaners coming to our house anymore, Tried a few times, a few years back and stopped calling them as I am not satisfied with their job!

Got so busy at work too... Cry (because of my upcoming big vacation Day Dreaming , I was expected to finish a lot before I leave! Smile)

Anyhow, again here I've got a Weekend, that too a long weekend, should do atleast a few walks over this weekend!

Having less than 2 weeks to my big Trip, not sure how much I can accomplish but will try to do as much as I can. Wish I have known all these information and got this Enthu, some time earlier than this... Wink  LOL

As per 'what to buy' to take to India, Sure, I can share whatever I know Jenim... please feel free to PM me on that. OK, Time for my walk...., catch you later... Smile

Edited by supree - 24 May 2008 at 5:25am

kadhambari

IF-Rockerz

kadhambari

Posted: 26 May 2008 at 5:20am | IP Logged
ok,i'm back 4 workouts & dieting........whats up gals...........by the way madhu,i got a cd for belly dancing.......it luks interesting.......but i'm little afraid,koyi sprain tho nahi hojaayega naaaaaaaa........let me start it slowly.

suram

Goldie

suram

Posted: 28 May 2008 at 2:02pm | IP Logged

I am proud to say that i have been a good gal and working out pretty regularly the past couple of weeks. But I have a long way to go!!! Cry but one day hopefully.......... Tongue

Hey Jenim, i dont know if you have heard of a store called Abson Imports. You get fantastic stuff there like coral, jade ,ruby, emerald and much more, all in strands or stones. its wonderful gift to people back home and people simply love the stuff that i take.. check it out..sorry for goin' off topic.. but could resist Big smile

usha_pooja

IF-Dazzler

usha_pooja

Posted: 28 May 2008 at 2:38pm | IP Logged
Hey guys, I started using the cycle machine four to five times a week at least 20 mins. Also, I occassionally dance around my bedroom (When my parents aint around and with my little cousins for a couple of hours.) I have lost a couple of kilos but need to still reduce the junk as I eat too much LOL! Especially coke I love drinking it.

Also, I work 5 days per week. Its good exercise. Especially picking up boxes and stocking LOL!

Another source of exercise is swimming. I used to swim for 10 years but for the last couple of years I kind of stopped cos of pressure. Im soon gonna start this again go every week or once every two weeks depending on my hectic schedule.

usha_pooja

IF-Dazzler

usha_pooja

Posted: 28 May 2008 at 2:39pm | IP Logged

Thanks guys for the tips. Try streching in the morning before you eat. I cannot since I work at 5am so I need to wake up at 3.45am in the morning and leave by half 4. So its diffcuit.

Congrats to everyone who has lost weight recently.

Edited by usha_pooja - 28 May 2008 at 2:40pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top