Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 10

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 07 May 2008 at 3:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kadhambari

anyways let me try at home(belly dance classuku ellam pona enn thopaiyai kannu vechutaaa Embarrassed

I dont know why Ambi..but once I saw your comments...that song from one of VKs movie come to my mind....Kannu pada poguthaiya chinnagoundar..ROFLROFLLOL

wow..many tips here ladies...thank for them Clap  Clap

Supree - you can eat  right after the training/walk, and that is the only time it will be good to eat fast burning carbohydrates as the body takes up nutrituion for the muscles, esp glycogen Smile you cant train/walk  right after the meal cause your body will burn down the meal u just eat instead of the fat from the body we want to get rid off.

make sure to drink a lot of water before, under and after whatever excercise we do Smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Anybody up for fitness club ? (Page 4)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 07 May 2008 at 6:40pm | IP Logged

Wow!! Good thread Anju. Clap Clap   Seems like many of us are in the same list.

Madhu.... I need to loose 20 too. Dead   It is all my fault actually. When I was away from home working in another place for a year and a half, I lost 17kgs! I was so excited ...(but now I put on again)

My breakfast was yoghurt and fruits. 10 am - biscuits. Lunch - varies, but 1/2 rice, 2 veggies and 1 meat/fish. Which is a must. Then, dinner and early one too by 7/7.30 is 1 thosai & chutney, or noodles or steamed dumplings or something similar.

My exercise?? Running around the office the whole day. Well my work was such I had to go all over the place in site.   LOL But in reality, when dinner time, I walk to the shops and have my dinner there, and walk home.

But over the weekends, I walked for 5 kms. Supree, if you cannot find time to walk, this was what I did. I will target a place to go, usually I love beach, so I targetted that. I will walk from my home to the beach which was 5km away. Or if I want to watch movie, I walk to the mall which is 2 km away. So most of my walking I do it during weekends. Even now, I don't find time to do exercise. I joined the gym, but due to health reasons, I had to opt out. I was glad though coz, all those women/men in that gym look so fit and you look out of place and uncomfortable. Embarrassed Embarrassed Smile

Now when I am travelling to home from office by bus, I usually get down 2/3 busstops away from home and I walk back. In front of my office, there is a bus stop, but I go to another bus stop to take the same bus, or another. All depends on my mood.

Best exercise for overweight (no offence to anyone if I call this) is aqua aerobics. i used to attend that, but stopped because it rains in the evening and that exercise takes place in open swimming pool.

Will come back with more.

Edited by Caryn - 09 May 2008 at 10:12am

kadhambari

IF-Rockerz

kadhambari

Posted: 07 May 2008 at 8:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by meli

Originally posted by kadhambari

anyways let me try at home(belly dance classuku ellam pona enn thopaiyai kannu vechutaaa Embarrassed

I dont know why Ambi..but once I saw your comments...that song from one of VKs movie come to my mind....Kannu pada poguthaiya chinnagoundar..ROFLROFLLOL  Enna gindalaWacko,kannai vurutti miratrenaakum(pinkurippu:idhukkum oru song karpanai panna koodadhu)

wow..many tips here ladies...thank for them Clap  Clap

Supree - you can eat  right after the training/walk, and that is the only time it will be good to eat fast burning carbohydrates as the body takes up nutrituion for the muscles, esp glycogen Smile you cant train/walk  right after the meal cause your body will burn down the meal u just eat instead of the fat from the body we want to get rid off.

make sure to drink a lot of water before, under and after whatever excercise we do Smile

kadhambari

IF-Rockerz

kadhambari

Posted: 07 May 2008 at 8:42pm | IP Logged
Caryn,gud suggestion yaar,i also do this sumtimes 2 walk 2 next station 2 pickup trains.

we've sum few malls closeby,i will opt 2 walk 2 the farthest one,just 4 walking excercise.

i agree with u in aqua aerobics.even swimming itself is a gud way 4 weight loss yaar(swim suit podradhukku fit aanapuram thaan aarambikanumnu irukiren,nadakramadhiri theriyalai Broken Heart )

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 07 May 2008 at 10:26pm | IP Logged
Thanks Kadha.

Ingga swimsuit kadaike rombha kahstam. Unlike you can get nice ones with easy in US/European countries. Ouch We even jump into the the water with shorts and tee. Wink

Anyway to continue this is what my docs and dieticians told me to do.

No banana & mango - both are high in calorie content. Unless you are a vigorous gym goer, then take a banana for energy. Otherwise nope!

Rice - take rice 1/2 cup for lunch only. Preferably take brown rice. I loved the brown rice - it tasted better than white. There are 2 types of brown, one just brown and the other reddish type. I prefered the reddish.

Dinner - stick to soups or light dinner and with fibre. First few days kastham, but once your stomach gets used to it, ou will be fine. Leave out carbohydrates because that is what turns into fat as we are not exercising at night. This includes, rice, pasta or any rice products.

Stick to low fat or 0% products. Do not buy box soups. Soups should be natural products.

Cooking style - grill, broil, steam, stir fried and blanched. These are the best. My dietician said that indian style and malay style are the worst style of cooking - coz we intend to overcook or add coconut milk. Hence, all the vitamins from veg is lost.

Yesterday, they showed a medical doc. While it is digusting, they took samples of poo from volunteers who have milk and volunteers who take low fat milk for a year and processed it. End of the year they showed the after product - i.e. the fat in the poo - ordinary milk had 3kg of fat whilst lowfat had 1kg of fat. So they asked imagine how much would have sticked to your body! Tongue

kadhambari

IF-Rockerz

kadhambari

Posted: 07 May 2008 at 10:57pm | IP Logged
Thanx Caryn.In Hongkong U.S & europe sizes are all available.swim suits very much available 4 me,i'm uncomfortable with my belly(very much conscious).

I should strictly follow the diet 2 reduce it yaar.

My current diet is brunch around 11.30am(whatever i make 4 my hubby's dubba) fruits or biscuits around 3.30pm dinner around 7pm.juices or buttermilk in b/w.

I've 2 control my sweet dishes(i'll take weekly twice).i don't like milk,so no issue.i take yoghurt daily,shd reduce it.my hubby used 2 travel a lot,during that time i will always live with noodles & bread,shd avoid that.

lets hope 4 the best,i'm going 2 start strict dieting 4m 2day & brisk walking(twice a day'nu plan ippo).June 8th evlo weight lossunu parkalaam(god knows)

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 08 May 2008 at 12:00am | IP Logged

Good Luck Kadha.

In HK you can get big size? Here, big size means L for Chinese size not Indian size. Sim and Jo will be considered L size here. LOL LOL LOL (oh well, in local stores anyway Big smile )

Kadha, do you take eggs? Then leave out the yolks. Cooking style should be boiled or poached.

My doc's advise was to have at least 3-5 types veggie & fruits a day. Your food should have 1/4 carboh, 1/4 protein & veggies. Smile

I need to loose weight too by Sept Big smile

Edited by Caryn - 08 May 2008 at 12:17am

kadhambari

IF-Rockerz

kadhambari

Posted: 08 May 2008 at 12:36am | IP Logged
No caryn,i don't take egg.my doc suggested me 2 take sprouted pulses for protein.

yeah,i know i have 2 take equal substitutes while dieting.i've 2 work out a plan b4 i start.

i don't like banana too.1 fruit daily is in my schedule already.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top