Anybody up for fitness club ? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 10

madumithas

madumithas

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 6:01am | IP Logged
Kadhambari,

Walking is very good. I am a bharatanatyam dancer and as you may be aware when you stop doing the dance your hips and butt just gets so big.
After a big gap i got back to dancing,but that did not help at all.
After much deliberation i decided to do a half marathon last year.....it was too much strain on my knees and i had to go through knee surgery! which made me inactive without exercise and i piled up the pounds.
Now i need to peel off those pounds and my only options are low knee impact exercises.
Walking seems to suit me best but the only problem is you have to spend twice the time that you spend on running to get the same effect.
If you are targeting tummy try some Pilates videos.
I have also heard that belly dancing has good effect on tummy!

Good luck Kadhambari!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Anybody up for fitness club ? (Page 3)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

supree

Goldie

supree

Anandham Caption Contest Winner

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 12:08pm | IP Logged
Ambi , Madhu- thanks for sharing your workout plans & tips so far.

Jenim,.. Oh my dear Jenim,

You wrote my exact feelings/same story that I went/go through line by line... word by word!! Clap
I too think often that I should start working out regularly, sincerely etc.etc. But feel tired and lazy after a hectic workday everyday and nowadays weekends are getting busier than weekdays you know!! Smile

Still, I got an 'elliptical trainer' at home and I used it somewhat on a regular basis last summer a couple of months, like 2 or 3 days a week... and got good results!. Lost 5 lbs, but gained it so easily during winter, probably all those yummy party foods, chritsmas dinners + Absolutely no workout! Embarrassed Embarrassed LOL Ok, now getting back to the reason: why did I completely stop? The time wasn't working out for me!!

I mean, I used to do my walking, after finish cooking in the evening but before eating dinner!. Somewhere, Someone told me that, after the workout you should take your food only after 1 to 1 1/2 hour later. And we all know one should not do exercise as soon as after dinner!! Cry   So..that's it...I got confused. Both before and after time didn't suit my schedule to carry on with my walking! Naane etho ennaikavathu oru Naal konjam walk poittu irunthen. Athuvum stop agidichi... Big smile

So my Questions... to you friends...........
How much time you should wait after eating a snack/meal, before doing any exercise? The same way, how much time should you wait to take your food after a long walk/exercise?! If I know a definite answer for this, will be very happy! Smile

Losing 5 lbs by end of this month plan looks cool! Please count me in! Smile

kadhambari

IF-Rockerz

kadhambari

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 8:47pm | IP Logged

Madhu dear,me & Belly Dancing,u must be joking!!!!

anyways let me try at home(belly dance classuku ellam pona enn thopaiyai kannu vechutaaa Embarrassed)

My dietician suggested me 2 avoid the following things;

a.maida products(bread,pizza,rotis made of maida,etc)
b.Jam,butter,oil.Diabetic jam is ok though i don't have diabetes,she suggested me 2 opt that 4 weight loss.
c.Fruits:banana,grapes,mango,jackfruits
d.Milk based products.low fat milk can be taken but limited quantity.
e.rice & wheat limited quantity.i.e 1 cup rice & rotis made of 1 cup aata for my meal.
f.Vegetables:Carrot,Potatoes
g.juices without sugar & curries without much spices.

If u're very desperate unlike me(though i want 2 lose weight but all these conditions Cry ) can follow these diet for immediate changes.

Edited by kadhambari - 06 May 2008 at 8:50pm

sankadevi30

IF-Rockerz

sankadevi30

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 9:18pm | IP Logged
thanks everyone for tips

supree u have to wait atleast 1 & 1/2 hr after eating for walking but other exercises 3 hrs gap is needed after heavy meal this is my Doc's advice

netra_rama

IF-Rockerz

netra_rama

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 11:38pm | IP Logged
Ospppsi i totally forget about this thread LOL

Jenim, good tips naa. Will be back later with mine. Got a simple way for your stomach. Wink

Madhu, i did barathanatyam too. Once married, totally left it. I had d same prob and gym help me out it in Wink Will be back later witht that tips too naa...

Thanks guys for the wishes. Nisha, im 5 months goin to 6 Embarrassed

madumithas

madumithas

Posted: 07 May 2008 at 4:18am | IP Logged
Kahdmbari,

You dont have to go anywhere to learn bellydancing. Not sure where you live but in US you can get these fitness belly dancing videos in the libraries.
If not you can order them at amazon.com

Madhu

kadhambari

IF-Rockerz

kadhambari

Posted: 07 May 2008 at 5:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by madumithas

Kahdmbari,

You dont have to go anywhere to learn bellydancing. Not sure where you live but in US you can get these fitness belly dancing videos in the libraries.
If not you can order them at amazon.com

Madhu
Thanx madhu,i'll buy it.

supree

Goldie

supree

Anandham Caption Contest Winner

Posted: 07 May 2008 at 10:59am | IP Logged
Thanks a lot Nallu for your information on the time gap I requested... After food, Waiting 1 and 1/2 hour to do the walking is fine... in fact that's what I can do! After work, kuzhanthaikagalai ellam konjan kavanichittu, cooking mudichittu vara intha neram agidum and in the evenings, I will try to stop with just the coffee. (Otherwise Naan kids-oda sernthuttu cookies konjam ulla talliduven!! Embarrassed Big smile ...).

But after the walk (usually the walk is for 45 mins in elliptical), how much time should I wait to have my dinner?! Ithuthan idikuthu! Smile   Please let me know Nallu.

Then like Kadhambari & few others had mentioned, I too wanted to mainly lose my tummy! After my first baby, I lost all my baby fat and got rid of tummy completely!. But after my son, Yeno theriyalai... intha tummy-a mattum correct pannavae mudiyalai!   Cry Cry So any tips on this one would be greatly appreciated.

I already read the tips that Madhu shared on this and thanks Madhu! Smile Will try out some videos at the Library or order some on-line!! Neths, Unga tips-aiyum konjam eduthu vidunga... Thanks a bunch in advance!! Take care! Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top