Page 2 of 10

Page 1
Page   of 10
Page 3 Page 10

jenim

Goldie

jenim

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 5:14pm | IP Logged
This is a good thread and for those who are trying to lose weight, may be we can become groupies and share some tips.

I feel tired/lazy most of the times, when I think of working out. Like Supree says, there's just no time to exercise. In my case, when I have a free minute, I'm thinking of what to browse or what to cook.

I'm hoping to use this thread to be motivated to exercise and keep fit. Of course the added bonus is to lose some inches around the waist, before summer kicks in.

I don't exercise at all these days, despite having a few gym equipment at home. And I get so envious to see all my family members exercising, including my parents who are 50 +

I want to join this club too. I have a goal in mind, but just been thinking about it and haven't really gotten around to reaching it.

Madhu - losing 20 lbs seems to be a good, attainable target. I don't know if after losing that I'll look ridiculously skinny. lol.. May be I'll keep it to 15. That'll be my goal.

I check the BMI every now and then, and I'm borderlining "normal" range. I want to be in the low-mid normal range. For that, I need to lose about 10 lbs.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Anybody up for fitness club ? (Page 2)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jenim

Goldie

jenim

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 5:36pm | IP Logged
I have a few tips that I tried and was successful in losing about 10 lbs after my baby. I will share them here, see if this helps.

I used to have toast for breakfast with spread/peanut butter and jam/jelly. I was so addicted to the hazelnut spread.. oh Boy! that was a killer. Sorry.. if I gave you any ideas. OK let's forget about the Hazelnut spread.

I tried these for breakfast:
NO MORE TOAST/BAGEL.
Switched to a 10 to 12 oz hot drink with skim milk. After getting used to skim milk, I cannot stand anything richer than 1% milk, these days.

Mid morning snack (if needed ONLY):
Almonds/walnut/Raisin/Craisin (Make your own mix with your fav nuts) - a little
Any fruit

I was told by my trainer a while ago, Bananas have more calories than a regular sized apple/a handful of grapes. Hopefully, I'm giving the right tip here :-)

Lunch
would be your regular lunch - try not to eat rice every day for lunch.
Please don't follow-up with dessert ;-)

Mid afternoon snack
Any fruit
Your fav drink (go easy on the sugar)

Dinner
Have dinner as early as you can and retire to bed by 10 or so.
Having Chapathis made with little oil for dinner every other day helped my friend lose. But I don't have the patience to make chapathis every day and don't trust the store made ones.

I'm a late person and the early dinner thing doesn't appeal to me - but my Dad did and he lost about 10 lbs within a month of following this.

The breakfast thing really helped me lose, more than anything else.

jenim

Goldie

jenim

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 5:50pm | IP Logged
Exercising:

When I was on "the plan", my trainer suggested that I exercise at least 4 days a week. Cardios like Treadmill, Elliptical were the ones suggested by my gym. After working out on these two, I found that the Elliptical worked out better for me.

Reasons:
It made me lose more calories as per the reading meters they have on the equipment.
It was much more easier on the knees than the treadmill.

But, we ended up buying the treadmill for our home (for it would fold and Elliptical won't) and the Stepper and some guy machine for the chest/biceps - I don't know its name and I only go to that, if I ever want to lie on the bench and do some ab work.

But now, it's been a few months since I got on the treadmill.

Madhu/Supree and those who want to join us:
C'mon guys! Let's have a plan to look good in our summer clothes.

Does 5 lbs by end of May sound like a plan?
How about getting to work out at least 3 days a week?
That would be good exercise, stress relief, and will also make you lose some inches :-D

basanthi

Goldie

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 6:53pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

kadhambari

IF-Rockerz

kadhambari

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 8:37pm | IP Logged

I want 2 join u Jenim,let me try Big smile i don't work out regularly yaar like supree saidLOLlet me give a shot this month.once we get 2 lose weight we'll get motivated 2 contnue.

Count me guyz

Thanx Anju 4 this topic.

Edited by kadhambari - 05 May 2008 at 8:40pm

sankadevi30

IF-Rockerz

sankadevi30

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 10:11pm | IP Logged
thanks for the tips jenim

thanks anju for this thread u can see me here more & i can give u ideas on diet as i studied dietetics though i am not a trained one LOL LOL

madumithas

madumithas

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 4:33am | IP Logged
SO we have a 20s club and 15s club so far.

Good.

Thanks Jenim for sharing all that useful information.
Basu,looking forward for your diet plans.

Also should we be taking any kind of supplements?

My only problem with diet is i cannot go for two days in a row without rice. I eat very little rice but i have to eat it. thats all. Sweets, sugar.....all that i can avoid without any problem!

Exercise

I walk for about an hour atleast 4 times a week. One day i go for a dance class and one day i do treadmill or elliptical. Though i can do treadmill or elliptical walking is more refreshing since its outside!

My problem areas are my arms,thighs and butt. Any tips tone them down?

Madhu

kadhambari

IF-Rockerz

kadhambari

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 4:38am | IP Logged
i'm little afraid of all u'r workout schedules.i do walking & floor excersises for my tummy,will that do!!!!!ofcourse dieting inclusive.

i want 2 reduce my tummy.give me sum simple tips.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top