Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Caryn thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Good Luck Kadha.

In HK you can get big size? Here, big size means L for Chinese size not Indian size. Sim and Jo will be considered L size here. πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† (oh well, in local stores anyway πŸ˜ƒ )

Kadha, do you take eggs? Then leave out the yolks. Cooking style should be boiled or poached.

My doc's advise was to have at least 3-5 types veggie & fruits a day. Your food should have 1/4 carboh, 1/4 protein & veggies. 😊

I need to loose weight too by Sept πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by Caryn - 15 years ago
kadhambari thumbnail
No caryn,i don't take egg.my doc suggested me 2 take sprouted pulses for protein.

yeah,i know i have 2 take equal substitutes while dieting.i've 2 work out a plan b4 i start.

i don't like banana too.1 fruit daily is in my schedule already.
Dits thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

How come I missed this b4?

I love working out...though I have never worked out on large scale, I do abt 40 Situps and push-ups each everyday,along with soem stretching routines, plus 30 mts on the treadmill. I love doing it; especially with some fav music on, its a grt pass time! πŸ˜›And I'm proud to say tht I have a not-too-bad body.The only problem is that I can never display it πŸ˜†; and also, its only during holidays and vacations tht I get to spend abt an hour excercising....by the time a term in school passes by, all my curves and all tht wud have vanished.

I hate dieting.....I believe in sweating it all out, rather than staying hungry and weak.Especially after I heard tht a few models sopilt all their health by skipping breakfasts and dinners to stay slim. I'm blessed with a body that never gains much weight, no matter how much a glutton I am! πŸ˜†Mum's particular abt maintaining my fitness, coz she regrets having a huge tummy, having never taken care of it at the right time!

For thsoe who feel lazy to do the exercises..try doing it with your fav music on;it really works! You won't feel any stress at all! πŸ˜‰

Edited by ditty - 15 years ago
kadhambari thumbnail

Caryn,i forgot 2 mention,take 1 spoon honey with little cinamon powder,mix it in a lukewarm water & drink 1st thing in the morning.it is also helpful 4 weightloss. other option is honey with lime juice.

For weight gain,mix honey in milk & drink b4 going 2 bed-this is for underweight ppl.

Edited by kadhambari - 15 years ago
supree thumbnail
Meli,
Thank you very much Meli for your confirmation & explanation on why one can eat a meal right after the walk on the treadmill/elliptical trainer. Anyhow I usually wait a 20-30 mins. for the body to cool off and then will eat my food! Thanks.

Caryn,
Yeah.. those are nice tips... how to make use of the everyday routines to get some workout done. Infact I too believe in that... here in US, I don't take bus to work, but drive a car. But I too try to implemnet as much as I can. Everyday at work , I always use staris to climb up & down, no matter how tired I am! I know you all thinking tht's what?! Just a few mins?! I agree, but I feel that even those tiny bit of work will add to your body's goodness. Believe it or not, I was taking the staris at work even during my last trim, till the last but one day while I was carrying my baby!! Also, during lunch after I finish my lunch, I just try to go out to the nearest shop and just walk in there , browse stuff and come back! (sometimes I end up buying too much stuff too! 😳, that's a diff. story! πŸ˜ƒ )

Anyway, my prob. is not finding time... But I decided to do atleast 3 days a week (to start) and then increase as I can. In fact according to my hubby I don't need to shed any pounds!! 😊☺️ I look nice, But I can do workout as I like to stay fit & healthy reason!! I too kind of agree with him (appadiyavathu manasa thetikka oru chance! πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜† ) as I am not looking too big...!. Also my mom & aunt and my friends everyone says that I look now only nice, (as I used to be so very thin & lean at the time of my wedding!☺️ ). According to them, now only I have got the weight I needed for my height!! 😊 But for me, I want to completely take off my tummy which doesn't look nice! πŸ˜ƒ

Kadhambari,
Unga list (recommended by your dietician) parthu enakku lesa mayakkamae vandhuduchi! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜ƒ  Ivvalavum sapiddama irukanumna, Naan ambel! πŸ˜ƒ
Anyhow I am trying to avoid sweets, that's my big weekness. Weekly one day than sweets-kunnu vaichiten! Trying to take 'Oatmeal' almost everyday in the mornings for break-fast and completely banned 'muffins' from my break-fast! Simple steps to start... Will try to improve slowly on this healthy eating habit as time moves on...

Ditty ,
welcome to the club! Nice tips. I too watch something on the T.V. when I use/walk on the Elliptical Trainer so I won't feel stressed out. Like you had mentioend, I too can't starve to shed some pounds! I would rather work it out to stay fit! Now as the weather is improving, in the evenings I am planning to go for walks in the evenings. Let's see how all these plans works out!!
Edited by supree - 15 years ago
Caryn thumbnail
Supree.... I thought of giving stairs as another exercise, but since I don't do it, so I won't recommend it.   πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

Anyway, those who are asking about areas to loose esp tummy, sit ups is the best. Or easy way out, machines which will do all for you whilst you are lying around. πŸ˜ƒ Joking.

Yes, nice tips to share guys. Thanks. I hate dieting too.  Imagine missing out on my fav dishes.  But then some changes are needed.  So have to cut down my intakes, eat more healthy foods instead of fast ones, and of course need to exercise.  πŸ˜†Edited by Caryn - 15 years ago
kadhambari thumbnail
Supree,thats y i'm not following my dietician advice πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

ippo just 3-5kilos reduce aana podhum,especially my tummy.thats it.

caryn,yeah situps will do.
supree thumbnail

Thanks Caryn for the update. Yes I will have to start something focused just for my tummy!! BTW, I have got the ab crunch machine, just sitting in my basement! 😭 I haven't find time yet to put that in good use! Hopefully will do with the motivation from all of you guys here... 😊  

BTW, all those working, full time busy ladies... what time you guys are doing (OR)planning to do your exercise?! Morning/Evening..etc.

Kads, Looks like we both are in the same boat. Meaning our goal is same (for this month). Loose a few pounds, but work on our 'tummy' area! πŸ˜ƒ Let's start kads,  We can do it! πŸ‘πŸΌ

Edited by supree - 15 years ago
jenim thumbnail
Thanks much Meli, for the tip - on how long to wait to eat before/after exercise. I didn't know this in so much detail.

Just followed what my trainer told me. At my previous job, I used to regularly exercise during my lunch hour - I would run to the gym which was only 2 blocks away. After exercising for about 45 mins, shower and get back to work and eat right away. I did this for a few years and I survived. Supree.. telling you this, so you don't have to wait to eat after exercise. I did that and I was fine. Just emphasizing what Meli had said. 😊

And another thing Sup.. the tummy after 2nd baby - I see this phenomenon in a lot of friends. We were discussing this once - and we all came to the consensus that this has to do more with the age/pregnancy combo, than the 2nd baby thingy.

Like you said Supree.. we have some things in common. I used to be slim too. I even celebrated it when the scale finally showed 100 lbs, just before I got pregnant. All my friends used to envy me earlier 😳
Chey.. Those were the days. Now, being 100 lbs is never going to be a possibility. πŸ˜†

Finally I did fast walking y'day for about 15 mins outside. After all, it was a nice beautiful day and I was working from home πŸ˜‰ Since I was doing it after a very long time, I ended up with all sorts of aches towards late evening. Took some Advil and I'm going to walk again tomorrow. Vida maattom la..

Good luck to others too!
Please post if you're seeing any result πŸ˜‰
It would motivate a lot of us.
jenim thumbnail
Those who want to do abdominal exercises. The sit ups are not very effective for abs, when you are not really slim. Been there..done that. It has very little effect.

First thing is to lose overall, by doing cardios - walking, running etc., This will help you lose some inches in the tummy/waist area too.
And to top it, like Madhu said, Pilates is far more effective for abs (than just regular sit-ups) if you don't have any special equipment to target the abdominal area.

Sup.. what kind of ab-crunch do you have? The one that you place on the floor or the one that you stretch your arms to hold on top, while you move with stress on your abs? I see this kind on TV and it's been vouched as the most effective ab-workout by my li'l one's dentist. I get all green whenever I see her. She has a body that even models would envy.