Anybody up for fitness club ?

Posted: 15 years ago

Hey all,

was wondering if there are any fitness conscious ppl, we can form a group and keep company to each other,  like gym hours, times and target weight and stuff........its like mutual inspiration group

If its a bad idea, mods close the thread

Regards

Basanthi

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pokkiri26 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I am soo into this new idea i love working out😳.

Basanthi we should have a topic for this
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Yup sis..I am for it 😉

I train a lot nowdays as it help me to slow down my exams stress 😃
netra_rama thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
i go to gym every week... But right now, bein preggie, i quit. Will start back soon. But im okay in giving advice regards to keeping fit and healty 😉

Good idea Basanti... 😳
usha_pooja thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
great idea but never go to the gym. I used to go to swimming classes until my GCSEs. I do exercise whenever im free especially holidays. Otherwise, i tend to walk loads despite having a car.
madumithas thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Congrats Neths!

Please count me in. I used to be as fit as a well oiled machine. Its all gone now.Ineed to reduce 20 pounds. Anyone ready to work with me on this?
We can share goals, diets and excercise.

Looks we have exercise pros here. Please share us your tips with us
supree thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Congratulations Nethra!

Yeah... Sure. why not? Everybody loves to workout and stay fit & healthy. But majority don't find time, or not been able to follow it sincerely... (like me! 😆 )

Every now and then I think of doing it regularly but I end up giving it out as my other chores builds up and I feel crushed!! I would love to get some tips from this thread... from those experts out there! 😊

Good idea basanthi & thanks for opening this thread! 👏

Edited by supree - 15 years ago
*Nishi* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
yh congratz neths !!! how many months ? 😳

sure a fitness club would be gr88 😃
jenim thumbnail
This is a good thread and for those who are trying to lose weight, may be we can become groupies and share some tips.

I feel tired/lazy most of the times, when I think of working out. Like Supree says, there's just no time to exercise. In my case, when I have a free minute, I'm thinking of what to browse or what to cook.

I'm hoping to use this thread to be motivated to exercise and keep fit. Of course the added bonus is to lose some inches around the waist, before summer kicks in.

I don't exercise at all these days, despite having a few gym equipment at home. And I get so envious to see all my family members exercising, including my parents who are 50 +

I want to join this club too. I have a goal in mind, but just been thinking about it and haven't really gotten around to reaching it.

Madhu - losing 20 lbs seems to be a good, attainable target. I don't know if after losing that I'll look ridiculously skinny. lol.. May be I'll keep it to 15. That'll be my goal.

I check the BMI every now and then, and I'm borderlining "normal" range. I want to be in the low-mid normal range. For that, I need to lose about 10 lbs.
jenim thumbnail
I have a few tips that I tried and was successful in losing about 10 lbs after my baby. I will share them here, see if this helps.

I used to have toast for breakfast with spread/peanut butter and jam/jelly. I was so addicted to the hazelnut spread.. oh Boy! that was a killer. Sorry.. if I gave you any ideas. OK let's forget about the Hazelnut spread.

I tried these for breakfast:
NO MORE TOAST/BAGEL.
Switched to a 10 to 12 oz hot drink with skim milk. After getting used to skim milk, I cannot stand anything richer than 1% milk, these days.

Mid morning snack (if needed ONLY):
Almonds/walnut/Raisin/Craisin (Make your own mix with your fav nuts) - a little
Any fruit

I was told by my trainer a while ago, Bananas have more calories than a regular sized apple/a handful of grapes. Hopefully, I'm giving the right tip here :-)

Lunch
would be your regular lunch - try not to eat rice every day for lunch.
Please don't follow-up with dessert ;-)

Mid afternoon snack
Any fruit
Your fav drink (go easy on the sugar)

Dinner
Have dinner as early as you can and retire to bed by 10 or so.
Having Chapathis made with little oil for dinner every other day helped my friend lose. But I don't have the patience to make chapathis every day and don't trust the store made ones.

I'm a late person and the early dinner thing doesn't appeal to me - but my Dad did and he lost about 10 lbs within a month of following this.

The breakfast thing really helped me lose, more than anything else.