be the change u wish 2 see in the world

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago

Mahatama Gandhi said "Be the Change you wish to see in the world"

I want to know how many of you want to be the change you wish to see in our world, here on IF and other places as well we just sit on our computers and discuss about what is wrong and what is right, and more often than not what starts on the computer ends on the computer.

My humble request to all you boys and girls out there is that if you are passionate about an issue then take an action towards it, if you feel that smoking is wrong then spread the word, research the effects of smoking and educate people about it, if you are able to stop even 1 person from smoking, or if you can get any one person to quit smoking then there would be loads to be proud of you, then you would be able to like the person you see in the mirror, then you would be doing god's work and then you would be making your journey in life fruitful,

I want to ask how many of you want to support me, promise not me but yourself that you will try to be the change you wish to see in the world, if the streets in your neighborhood are dirty, get together with a bunch of friends and start cleaning, if no one is by your side just remember the god within you is with you at all times, one day more people will support you then you think.

If you feel bad for the seniors in old age homes, if you feel no one goes to visit them, then you should go and spend time with them, hopefully you will learn a lot from such experiences, if you can take flowers for them then great, if not then take your wonderful smile with you, a smile is contagious, spread it as much as you can J

There are a lot of issues, many we can't fix, but we can at least try to fix those that we can, please take action, convince yourself that you want to change something that is not right,  and DO IT, JUST DO IT

If no one is there by your side then god is with you at all times, I am with you and your friends on IF are with you, make a difference and share with us, you will give us the opportunity to learn what you did, you will give us the inspiration to do what you did. If you agree a little with what I said then please reply, in the replies state the issue you would like to deal with, if you know how to solve it then go ahead and solve it then let us know what you did, if you do not know how to solve it, hopefully someone from our forum would have an idea as to what to do! Lets make a difference together, we are the youth and we have the power to change the world, so lets DO IT, JUST DO IT

Edited by bolly_babe - 15 years ago
please guys reply and support, together we can make a huger difference then we can fathom

I would like to narrate my experience, my friend and I went to an old age home and we spoke to a lot of seniors their, we spent time with them and trust me nothing in the world could beat the joy we felt when we saw them smile at us, they were delighted and we couldnt ask for anything better. One certain senior there narrated an incident he had heard from a friend, during a harsh winter in india, his friend saw an old man on the street shivering with cold and he didnt have much to cover his body with, he then saw another old man walk up to the beggar, the old man complained to god as to why he was letting his child suffer and left, then another middle aged man walked up to the beggar, took out 2 rupees and encourages other people to do the same so they could collect the money and buy the beggar a shawl or a blanket, when no one was ready to give 2 rupees the guy put his money in his pocket and left. then a youth came up to the old guy, took out the trench coat he was wearing, wrapped it around the beggar and left, without making a single sound, the uncle who we met in the senior home told us how after that incident he started believing in the youth, his words gave me determination as well and I decided to give IF a try, hopefully if you are reading this you will support me and prove that youth can be rude and obnoxious, but youth can also be the most powerful when it comes to making a difference, please guys support my cause, mods if you are reading this and if you can find a better way to spread my message, then please help me, maybe by making it a sticky or by making a global announcement in all the forums on IF so more people can particapate and realize the better human beings within them. Thanks so much if you want to help, if no one comes forward then i guess i will just knock on other such doors! Thank You for taking the time to read! I really appreciate your attention!
Youth - anyone with the guts, talent, strength, motivation, passion, willingness and determination to be the change they want to see in the world!
yeah the quote is so true! 😛