Chit Chat

be the change u wish 2 see in the world (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

fly2me

IF-Sizzlerz

fly2me

Posted: 01 May 2008 at 7:03pm | IP Logged
um..ok LOL

Well, i totally agree with Swansea. Big smile

everyone has a right to change the world
every person can make a difference! Embarrassed

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "be the change u wish 2 see in the world (Page 2)" in Chit Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

bolly_babe

bolly_babe

Posted: 01 May 2008 at 7:18pm | IP Logged
that is what i am trying to say, if everyone has the right to do so then we should take advantage of the right, nothing happens by just talking, we have to take actions! not just talk the talk but walk the talk!

VeeeDeee

IF-Rockerz

VeeeDeee

Posted: 01 May 2008 at 8:18pm | IP Logged
yh i fink da same every1 has dat rite to change da world!

shijhu

IF-Rockerz

shijhu

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 12:09am | IP Logged
yes we all have da rite to change dis world lets think n start thinking again so dat we can act Embarrassed

shruti_5

IF-Rockerz

shruti_5

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 4:55am | IP Logged
very nice topic, I agree with all of you! If we all work to gether, we can change this world! Embarrassed

bolly_babe

bolly_babe

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 8:44am | IP Logged
^^^thank you, i really hope to see more positive response from people

souro

souro

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 9:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bolly_babe

Originally posted by souro

Originally posted by bolly_babe

please guys reply and support, together we can make a huger difference then we can fathom

I would like to narrate my experience, my friend and I went to an old age home and we spoke to a lot of seniors their, we spent time with them and trust me nothing in the world could beat the joy we felt when we saw them smile at us, they were delighted and we couldnt ask for anything better. One certain senior there narrated an incident he had heard from a friend, during a harsh winter in india, his friend saw an old man on the street shivering with cold and he didnt have much to cover his body with, he then saw another old man walk up to the beggar, the old man complained to god as to why he was letting his child suffer and left, then another middle aged man walked up to the beggar, took out 2 rupees and encourages other people to do the same so they could collect the money and buy the beggar a shawl or a blanket, when no one was ready to give 2 rupees the guy put his money in his pocket and left. then a youth came up to the old guy, took out the trench coat he was wearing, wrapped it around the beggar and left, without making a single sound, the uncle who we met in the senior home told us how after that incident he started believing in the youth, his words gave me determination as well and I decided to give IF a try, hopefully if you are reading this you will support me and prove that youth can be rude and obnoxious, but youth can also be the most powerful when it comes to making a difference, please guys support my cause, mods if you are reading this and if you can find a better way to spread my message, then please help me, maybe by making it a sticky or by making a global announcement in all the forums on IF so more people can particapate and realize the better human beings within them. Thanks so much if you want to help, if no one comes forward then i guess i will just knock on other such doors! Thank You for taking the time to read! I really appreciate your attention!

I appreciate your efforts and what you're trying to do but to be very honest I dislike fake stories, there are other ways to motivate also.

excuse me but i know IF is a place to exxpress ur opinions and u can stay away from my opinions if you wish to, but you have no right to point at my character, if you are claiming that the part about my friend and i going to the senior home was fake then i can say a lot in response but i dont believe i need to prove anything to anyone as to what i am doing and what not, as far as the story that the uncle at the senior home told me, well how can i be responsible for his story, it was up to me to believe him and i did, it is now up to you to belive it and if you choose not to then all i can say is i dont blame you becasue there is too much negativity in the world, i would just say that learn to be optimistic and please learn to belive that there are people who do believe in doing good deeds!

Miss (I don't know your name) when you post on a public forum you should also be prepared to hear criticism especially if what you are posting is an obvious fake. Of course if you prefer to read only posts telling you that yes we support you and some other flowery compliments without actually following it up with any action then I don't blame you, everyone likes flattery whether they admit it or not.

You know very well that which story I meant as the fake one, yes it's that of your uncle at senior home. How convenient that one after the other, people of descending age (old-middle aged-young) approached the suffering old man. While all this was going on some friend of that uncle took the time to wait there and see the whole episode without actually doing anything himself. Noone gives someone two rupees and takes it back or acts out some drama about why god is making him suffer. I can believe that some one gave his own trench coat to keep the old man warm but the rest of the story was all... well you know.

Personally, I'm all for social activities but I don't like giving money to beggars which is so very common in India. IMO if you have to give money then take some time to see that he utilises the money in a fruitful manner. Instead of giving one rupee or two rupee, give them some more, like if I feel that someone is really hungry then I take him to some nearby local restaurant where they serve meals (called rice plate) at Rs 20 or Rs 25. I know a person (he was my maths teacher) who gave some money to a beggar and encouraged him to buy some equipments and start boot polishing (cos it needs min. investment) as a living and saw to it that the person followed and utilised the money for that purpose. My parents distribute sarees to really needy women during Durga Puja and blankets to poor men and women before winter. During Durga Puja at our home we serve food to anyone who'll come to our house, they don't even have to ask for it. We have schools built at our ancestral village where not only education but even boarding is free for students who come from distant villages. Even you'll find lots of true stories of good deeds around you irrespective of whether it was done by the old or the young.

If you think I'm against your idea then you're wrong, cos I'm not. I only found the story that you posted to be fake or you can say not very believable and not very becoming the cause that you're trying to work for.

bolly_babe

bolly_babe

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 2:28pm | IP Logged
its really good you are trying to help people but as i said, i can't be responsible for what he told me, i just told you what he told me, and yes even i dont believe in just giving money to people because by doing that not only do they become dependant on begging but they also feel inferior

Post Reply New Post

Go to top