Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

surakshita

IF-Sizzlerz

surakshita

Posted: 01 May 2008 at 10:21am | IP Logged

Glam for 'real'
21 Feb 2008, 0000 hrs IST,TNN

There's no running away from small screen's reality shows.

They are here to stay. So never mind all those controversies and high voltage drama, but at the end of the day, the TRP ratings say all about their popularity. Telly buffs are happy to see their very own Prernas, Kumkums and Banis shed off their demure Indian avatars to be part of these prime time entertainers. But then there's always a twist to the kahani... kyunki immediately after their stint in the reality shows, these actors don a glam avatar!

One wonders what really pushes them to go for an image makeover after a reality show? Does the 'reality' connect add an element of glamour to their conservative screen images? Roshni Chopra, who participated in Jhoom India, feels it's the human element of a reality show that does the trick. "The show depicted a real side of me, and I feel this is the only avenue where I could connect with my audience. Reality shows make a lot of difference to one's makeover," she says.

But then isn't make-up and glamour part of reality shows? Juhi Parmar might be famous as Kumkum on television but it's a different take when the matter comes to a dance show. She feels at times, it is the actor's decision to portray themselves in a more glamourous way. "When you do such shows, you are not bound by any particular character. So both the directors and producers want you to look good. However, as an actor you feel the same,"she says.

But then where does this need for makeover come? Does this happen because the new found success put these actors in a different light? Mouni Roy, who plays the role of a simple bahu of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, feels life has changed for her after participating in a reality show. She says, "New opportunity opens up when you do such shows. People might have never seen me like this before, and when you participate you do it for audience, so why not?"

With increasing TRP ratings, reality shows have caught the attention of people all over the country. So do the producers of the show make it more glamourous? Prem Kamath, vice-president marketing and communication of a leading channel, believes it is the individual decision of actor to portray themselves in a certain manner. "Reality shows only offer a platform to celebrities. The producers and directors don't decide much," he says.

But then one can always see the changes in Prachi Desai who won a celebrity dance show few months back. The days of sari clad Bani are over. It's time for some real glam-sham. She says, "The show helped me shed my inhibitions, and the biggest change is that now people know me as Prachi and not Bani, and definitely it's a welcome change."
That calls for some more glamour.

Edited by surakshita - 06 May 2008 at 11:10am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

hardicverniRuhihutijufanpreethi

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Glam for írealí - Juís Quote - ARTICLE" in Kumkum - Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Jasmine...

IF-Sizzlerz

Jasmine...

Posted: 01 May 2008 at 11:59am | IP Logged
thank u for this.. Big smile
yup..juhi is rite... Embarrassed

norzar

IF-Stunnerz

norzar

Posted: 01 May 2008 at 12:40pm | IP Logged
hi

thanks for this

i agree with what ju says

would love to see her in another reality shwo this year

something like jahlak or nb4

she was fantastic in shava and did very well too

norzar

pals_sneha

IF-Dazzler

pals_sneha

Posted: 01 May 2008 at 1:31pm | IP Logged
THANXX for the article i m proud of juhi

afg_91320

Goldie

afg_91320

Posted: 01 May 2008 at 5:44pm | IP Logged
thanks!

roku_huseinfan

IF-Rockerz

roku_huseinfan

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 01 May 2008 at 11:37pm | IP Logged
Hey thanks dear...Yeah juhi is completly right..

surakshita

IF-Sizzlerz

surakshita

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 8:17am | IP Logged
always like to read Juhi's quotes

it is 100% to the dot what Ju said. liked her quotes too

-Amby-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Amby-

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 8:22am | IP Logged
thanks
i agree with wht juhi said