Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

bollycrazy

IF-Dazzler

bollycrazy

Posted: 01 May 2008 at 10:03am | IP Logged

Heyy friends!

I just saw a Telly Buzz article on education and it got me thinking.

Education is the most important thing in the development of a child, but also in the development of a country. Through education, a country can move forward and progress in the world.

If the education in India was focused on, our country would be on the top and able to provide a better life for its population.

At the moment: the average literacy rate: 64.8% - meaning only 648 out of 1000 people in India know how to read and write.

And already India has the third largest Gross Domestic Product (a way of measuring the size of an economy).

India also has one of the fastest growing economies in the world, with a growth rate of 9.4% (2006-7)!

So imagine what India could achieve if education levels were increased!

What are your thoughts on this?

Do you agree? Or do you feel there are other factors more important?

Please feel free to discuss and share your thoughts!

Also, do check out the TB article: http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=2391

Love

College & Uni Dev Team

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Discussion: The Importance of Education" in College & University forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Howlarious

IF-Addictz

Howlarious

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 8:33am | IP Logged
Yes I feel education is very important. It opens a lot of doors for you in life and with a good education you can get very far in life Big smile It also makes you more recognisable as a person with a good education background and increases chances of employability.

It also makes you a better person and makes you more knowledgeable about the world Approve Big smile

You only get one chance to be educated so why waste it? Tongue

kenny77

kenny77

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
Yeah I agree.

Education is very important in life. Most young people don't realize how important it is. That's because you don't really see the benefit of a good education until later in life. :)

smoothseo

smoothseo

Posted: 03 May 2008 at 8:32am | IP Logged
We cant able to even think in right direction without education Education is the soal of the personality Big smile Big smile Big smile

lakshmi_guru

lakshmi_guru

Posted: 06 May 2008 at 6:11am | IP Logged
I totally agree with the discussion. Education is the key. With more than 1 lakh colleges in india, It will make wonder in next 20 years as told by kalam

sphurthy

sphurthy

Posted: 09 May 2008 at 1:18pm | IP Logged
With so much of development hapenning across, there should not be much need of stressing the importance of education

sphurthy

sphurthy

Posted: 09 May 2008 at 1:30pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by lakshmi_guru

I totally agree with the discussion. Education is the key. With more than 1 lakh colleges in india, It will make wonder in next 20 years as told by kalam

Thank you for posting some good links with your message

shijhu

IF-Rockerz

shijhu

Posted: 16 May 2008 at 8:02am | IP Logged
i di agree education is very very important every person shud have da basic education but its really sad to see kids working n earning a livlihood at da age of studying but dats a diff story tho

Post Reply New Post

Go to top