Dill Mill Gaye
Dill Mill Gaye

1002 Arabian Nights (Page 11)

..Aarti.. IF-Dazzler
..Aarti..
..Aarti..

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 6:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ifrahnaqash

Aarti.. kal kuch baatein thi jo mere dimaag aayin thi, while reading your post. but i didn't mention them in my reply, last night, due to some reasons.. one of them being that i was very tired.. not a problem iffy...

anyway.. i might have made a lot of grammatical or spelling mistakes, as always. please let me know about them. trust me, am gonna nazar andaaz all of that, cos it is bound to be infinitely better than what we otherwise read! atleast this is still english!

Originally posted by Vaarti

By this time Scheherazade's fame at story-telling had spread far and wide and people trickled in from far and wide and for a her daily narration. And after the daily naration, the people, the intellectual bunch, smitten by her magnificent tale and her stunning way of narating it, used to eulogize her. i'm still kicking myself for doing that...am sure sona is too...hard kicks...no cares even for my poor tailbone!!

Soon the king noticed to his pride, the whole nation was under Scheherazade's spell night after night. The king had already displayed his tendency of letting his emotions get out of hand once, and there he was again, bitten by lust for fame and pride in his wife and he began participating in the narrative, adding his suggestions first few at a time. Men, whenever they see their better halves getting all the attention, tend to get a li'l envious. It's in their nature! The same thing happened with our King here. He started adding some new dimensions to the tale. However, as he knew that Scheherazade's intoduction to the tale had been successfull in grasping the attention of the people and that they'd already been obsessesd with it, he became carefree. Or one can say, he became overconfident.. cuz he knew, in any way, the people are gonna enjoy the tale and praise them to skies even more.. and that his little improvisations wouldn't affect the stroyline as much.. and so, he went on adding the new dimensions, without even thinking if they made any sense! hmmm iffy, an interesting angle, though now the transgendered identity of the king has been established am not sure if it is a case of just envy...its more clout and the influence the king weild over scheherazade! but over confidence is right, and a certain smugness that the love was there to stay and come wha ma and irrespective of what moves he made, pun intended, he would still be loved and there would be people in his audience to jump and kill in his defense!

They hoped against hope that not only would the defection be complete eventually, but that Scheherazade and Shahryar would eventually be narrating their now hopelessly irredeemable story to an empty theatre, while their once-upon-a-time audience slowly made their way back to their homes and their lives that had suffered neglect in their obsession…and we still do! Loved this paragraph! However, I don't think there's ever gonna be a day when S&S (of our times) would be narating their tale to an empty theatre.. and that is because, there still exist people who, in spite of everything, enjoy the story.. yeah unfortunately you get what you deserve and it seems like the audience deserves being thus hypnotised and it remains just a hope! 

Edited by vaarti - 02 May 2008 at 6:40am

dilsen1 Senior Member
dilsen1
dilsen1

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 10:57am | IP Logged
Ah Aarti, wonder how I missed this! Haven't been logging on too frequently, have house guests...

Eloquently describes what all of us feel. Oh for beauty and simplicity of the tales of Scheherazade, and the joy that they brought to the listner.

But more than a tragedy of possibilities gone awry, I think it's a salutation to the spirit of the enlightened ones that while they manage to break free of the enchanted spell, they walk away with memories, emotions and relationships that those stories bound them with, and, perhaps somewhere, a lurking hope, that sometime perhaps S&S too may break free of the web that they wove but ironically got themselves entangled in.
..Aarti.. IF-Dazzler
..Aarti..
..Aarti..

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 11:30am | IP Logged
manu...hope springs eternal yes...one way or the other! i maintain as always, i take back no regrets...where else would i have found you guys...

its like the walls of our houses have these holes, through which we clasp hands in chain of sorts as we watch helplessly what has become of our beloved tale! yet, the warmth of every palm in theirs reassuring them atleast that is to stay...for good!
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 11:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dmg2c

anu, i promise i read it very carefully and couldnt figure out! engineer nahin hoon yaar, no brenzzzzzzzzz

I'm katti with you!!TongueTongueTongue Hey Bhagwaan! Maine yeh engineer waali baat kyun kahi??? This is why I should keep my mouth shut! Sab usi baat pe jump karne lagte hain!!Unhappy
krystall Senior Member
krystall
krystall

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 11:51am | IP Logged
Omg....how did I miss this post?

My sentiments exactly. Its just that you put it into way better words and analogies!Clap Clap Its getting quite enough now from the creatives I think. They should literally take a step back, watch their old episodes with some popcorn in hand and take some inspiration from their own work. This song has especially annoyed me, however admittedly I think she's not doing a bad job @ seduction if its viewed independent from the storyline.

Am I only to expect posts on the creatives' incompetency from you from now on? LOL
..Aarti.. IF-Dazzler
..Aarti..
..Aarti..

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 11:51am | IP Logged
anu...god that innocuous engineer bonding has really got peple going uh??? he he!! am so glad mere saath eh kabhi nahin ho sakta...how many linguists do you know!! haw haw haw!!
..Aarti.. IF-Dazzler
..Aarti..
..Aarti..

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 11:54am | IP Logged
krystall hey! well...what can i say...am sorely disappointed and nothing else seems to inspire me cuurrently! good suggestion tho! we should ask creatives to sit and watch the show from the start to what it is now as us and then understand our plight...no more recommendations, no more prescriptions, no more pleas...
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 11:55am | IP Logged
@Aarti: Haan yaar! Seriously! Why is everyone getting so hyper over it?? Did I say anywhere that only Engineers have 'brenzzzzz'???

@Krystall: Dude, not to 'bash' on anyone or anything...but the seduction sequence looks very natural for one reason and one reason only...and I'm really hoping you connect the dots as to why Wink...and I for one am quite unable to view it independent of the storyline...these guys have gone too far.

Go to top