Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

..Aarti.. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
smriti....how absolutely awesome to hear from you! am just here for a second now...but like you have gone back to reading...will tell you more on the treasure i have read the past few days. though for sometime i was kinda juggling both and going crazy1 glad to know now that i can concentrate on something worthwhile for good! cos if this is not the end...what is? as for the language, i have long buried it and even written quite the epitaph...in tribute to the murderers.... Edited by vaarti - 15 years ago
ginak thumbnail
well said smriti and am glad too for growing up when I did and as for the language, very very sad that even the basics are not in place. Shudder to think of the future esp in light of my son growing up into this world. Dunno how long I can shield and only hope and pray to be able to guide him along a path with a modicum of decency.
spln thumbnail
hahaha omg vaarti....hilarious....guess thats wats precisely happening!!!well i mean unfortunately um still the spellbound smitten dmg fan....n perhaps will remain so for somtim atlst....but i agree completely....thats exactly wat its becoming an unending tale which gets new plots n quits the old ones without so much as a thot....but i just love watching the actors....they are tremendous potential ppl u know keeping us glued even though each one of us is pretty much in agreement that the story makes no sense anymore!....guess um gona stick to dmg as long as the creatives dont take leaps or change starcast... 😆 but essentially the only way they differ from the other soaps now is that they add some severely senseless comedy to it....which is enacted by ppl who've mastered the art....so atleast u dont get up thinking gosh....that made me cry tonns!!!

nic post!!!!!!!!
smriti81 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
@aarti...am always on the look out for smthng good to read & am pretty sure ur suggestions will be fab. So do let me know.

My past month's list included Khalid Hosseini's books (A Thousand Splendid Suns, The Kite Runner), Jeffrey Archer's Prisoner of Birth & a reread of To kill a Mocking Bird. Very diff books all...and loved each one.

More later...

@gina...hey there! Yes, it is kind of sad that kids are exposed to too much too soon now! And the sense of balance one retains when these things come more gradually goes totally off kilter...hazards of the IT revolution I guess.Edited by smriti81 - 15 years ago
..Aarti.. thumbnail
smriti...did u not love prisoner of birth? i have been recommending it all and sundry since i finished...more on what i have read over pm...not recommendations, but just a general gush...btw, just started kite runner yesterday!

gina and smriti...what scares me immensely is that this innovative use of the language will eventually find linguistic acceptance cos language is all about communication and if you can communicate your thoughts, it does not matter how you do i! sleepless nights indeed, since our children are to be exposed to this eventually and like you rightly said gina, how long are we to shield our young ones from this scary trend?
..Aarti.. thumbnail
kavita...thank you so much for all those nice words!! am glad you enjoyed all other posts. sadly though, here on IF quality of thought or writing isn't appreciated much, as my friends and i have suffered. what eventually matters here is if you can gush about the show endlessly irrespective of what they choose to feed our brains! so frequency of posts has naturally dwindled...posts on IF now are ntohing more than a way to while away our time, when there was point when we would all love to contribute to the bank here!

i do not write professionally, for me it is just something i love...

once again, thanks so much!
..Aarti.. thumbnail
NJ,

as a faithful follower who is till under the spell, i must say i really appreciate the sporting way in which you have taken this! thank you for taking the time out to read this and to comment and as you have rightly said severely senseless comedy it is...but somehow for some of us, we wouldn't even mind the feeling of having cried buckets if it were over something sensible! but i can see your point completely and as long as there is the awareness that it is severely senseless, you sre safe!
d101 thumbnail
first of all very well written, really appreciate a different post.
wouldn't say i agree with u all the way coz sometimes in this "logical" life...one needs some flights of fancy, some diversion to c things which u would normally not accept or digest.im not saying all entertainment has to b "mindless" bt i personally dont mind suspending reality for 1/2 hr
..Aarti.. thumbnail
d101...thank you for candidly appreciating the post and expressing the points where you disagree amiably.

cinema and TV are all about flights of fancy and suspended reality. all i am asking for is some semblance of sense even in my suspended state, but i guess each to his own!
dmg2c thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
there is a reason why hearts meet across the seven seas, why affections embed deeply in the heart and the soul recognizes a sister in the milling crowds! 🤗 🤗

Speechless for the time being! Awed, overawed, brimming over yet silenced! salutations, oh magician of words , thoughts and tales!

will be back!

kya yaar, king ka sex change kara daala..btw, i have another poss candidate for shahryaar...

the pity of your state, oh teller of tales

but that have to retell the most ancient of fables,

lest no one understand in a world which has not read

amidst people who know not of scheherzade's wedding bed!

the travesty!

applauding for u is almost like being self-congratulatory , oh twin separated at birth!but what the hell.. 👏